• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Rams

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy GQ gotta work on some of that footwork on the deeper passes....and pull back on some of those decisions (he seems to have at least one a game where you go WTF....especially given how he operates throughout a game)

Overall, pretty much went as expected.....I think the media cattle people are gonna be all over SF like white on rice for next season - hopefully the guys who will be here next year don't fall for the hype.

It's good for football if SF/LA reignites something of a rivalry...who knows what will be of the Cards and the Hawks come 2018.
Come to think of it, I haven't seen him throw a single bomb this season. But as far as his INTs are concerned, he is so confident in his ability that he is going to try some of those passes and occasionally they will get picked. I've noticed from day one that he throws some balls up for grabs and he got lucky a few times.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the win the 49ers should be picking 8th in the draft not to bad considering many thought they would pick just outside the top 10.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the win the 49ers should be picking 8th in the draft not to bad considering many thought they would pick just outside the top 10.

Right now, they are either picking 9th or 10th...it comes down to a coin flip between SF and the Raiders to decide who picks where.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, they are either picking 9th or 10th...it comes down to a coin flip between SF and the Raiders to decide who picks where.

Yes they are at #9 not 8 so at worst they would be #10 if they lose the coin flip with the raiders.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O Line didn't give up a sack again. They have stepped up their game the last several weeks. Geez, remember the Eagles game? The D Line was beating Beathard to the end of his drop. It was ridiculous.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O Line didn't give up a sack again. They have stepped up their game the last several weeks. Geez, remember the Eagles game? The D Line was beating Beathard to the end of his drop. It was ridiculous.

I think Jimmy G has a lot to do with that. His pocket presence and quick release. Beathard is the opposite. He doesn't have good pocket presence and holds onto the ball too long. If the oline play was better it wouldn't have mattered so much. During the Jacksonville game, Zane Beedles was a turnstile as he has been most of the season when he plays. Jimmy G got hit a couple of times but did well to avoid the rush. Beathard would have been road kill that game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jimmy G has a lot to do with that. His pocket presence and quick release. Beathard is the opposite. He doesn't have good pocket presence and holds onto the ball too long. If the oline play was better it wouldn't have mattered so much. During the Jacksonville game, Zane Beedles was a turnstile as he has been most of the season when he plays. Jimmy G got hit a couple of times but did well to avoid the rush. Beathard would have been road kill that game.
True. But when the D Line is beating you to the end of your drop, that's not the quarterback.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But when the D Line is beating you to the end of your drop, that's not the quarterback.

I am not saying it was all Bethard's fault. Far from that. Our oline is not good. But there are times when Betheard could have gotten rid of the ball quicker. I don't think the line has been playing so much better as much as Jimmy G has been getting rid of the ball much quicker.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying it was all Bethard's fault. Far from that. Our oline is not good. But there are times when Betheard could have gotten rid of the ball quicker. I don't think the line has been playing so much better as much as Jimmy G has been getting rid of the ball much quicker.
Fair enough. I'm sure having a quality guy back there who knows how to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately helps a lot but they certainly look motivated and improved to me. Whatever the reason, I'll take it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I'm sure having a quality guy back there who knows how to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately helps a lot but they certainly look motivated and improved to me. Whatever the reason, I'll take it.

I've seen a couple of tweets that said Laken Tomlinson has been playing better in recent weeks. IDK.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I believe SOME of the protection issues was the TE and RB? So after a full season in the scheme, these protection issues SHOULD improve.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe SOME of the protection issues was the TE and RB? So after a full season in the scheme, these protection issues SHOULD improve.
It looks to me like they already have. Garopollo is rarely sacked. I think maybe 3 times in the 5 games he started.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It looks to me like they already have. Garopollo is rarely sacked. I think maybe 3 times in the 5 games he started.

Yes, it was improved ending the season.

At very least, you draft O-line now anticipating injury short term. In this mindset, use the two 3rd rounders. Both Staley and Brown were out with injuries last season. For medium term, you never know if Staley drops from age, and/or Brown leaves in free agency?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it was improved ending the season.

At very least, you draft O-line now anticipating injury short term. In this mindset, use the two 3rd rounders. Both Staley and Brown were out with injuries last season. For medium term, you never know if Staley drops from age, and/or Brown leaves in free agency?
True. You can never have enough quality O Linemen. I just don't think you have to go really high to find them.