• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nine more years of this crap

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, columbus is supposed to be bigger than cincy these days, they could cut into those cleveland brown fans slices and get some columbus loyalty. Cincy fans would still go.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, columbus is supposed to be bigger than cincy these days, they could cut into those cleveland brown fans slices and get some columbus loyalty. Cincy fans would still go.
I wouldn't count on it.

If you are a long-time fan of a team, and they move, I don't think you should bank on getting a large portion of those fans to travel to support the team in a new city. That would be a poor business move.

You'd get the casual fans who don't care much, but then again, those fans aren't the ones going to most games to begin with.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thread I never chimed in on.

If the Bengals were to leave Cincy, I'm not even sure I'd watch much of the NFL, and definitely wouldn't be cheering for the Bengals in some other city. Even now, NFL is getting harder and harder for me to watch - only a third of the teams are any good, NFL front office arrogance has made the league very hatable, 'player safety' is horse shit, I've not gone full on Kramer, but I DO feel like there are games that seem to be very suspiciously officiated...the money seems to have corrupted the league quite a bit.
I also just turned 31 and with the amount I work throughout the week, can't afford to sit my ass on the couch all day Sunday. I'd much rather get what football watching I can, in on Saturday.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol nine more years? You're crazy.

When McCarron goes, I go. It's pretty much that simple for me.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol nine more years? You're crazy.

When McCarron goes, I go. It's pretty much that simple for me.

What are you talking about? You're only here for the backup qb?

By 9 more years, I mean the number of years the Bengals are left in Cincinnati.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? You're only here for the backup qb?

By 9 more years, I mean the number of years the Bengals are left in Cincinnati.

The QB who has untapped potential and it's being squandered, yes.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thread I never chimed in on.

If the Bengals were to leave Cincy, I'm not even sure I'd watch much of the NFL, and definitely wouldn't be cheering for the Bengals in some other city. Even now, NFL is getting harder and harder for me to watch - only a third of the teams are any good, NFL front office arrogance has made the league very hatable, 'player safety' is horse shit, I've not gone full on Kramer, but I DO feel like there are games that seem to be very suspiciously officiated...the money seems to have corrupted the league quite a bit.
I also just turned 31 and with the amount I work throughout the week, can't afford to sit my ass on the couch all day Sunday. I'd much rather get what football watching I can, in on Saturday.

Welcome to the Dark Side. Let the hate flow through you.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revisiting this thread. Two weeks through the NFL season and you can already see a downward trend in the product on the field and the interest from the fans. Week 2 was awful - I was actually looking forward to sitting down and watching some football without having to have the Bengals ruin a day of relaxation. I tuned in for a few hours at a friend's house bouncing between RedZone and whatever games were on network. The qb play in the league is comical and there were maybe 2 or 3 entertaining match-ups between competent teams for the entire day.... One of them was the Denver/Dallas game and that was a blowout.

The LA situation is hilarious. Nobody goes to those games and the Chargers will probably forever be despised. Did anyone ever consider that maybe LA didn't want a team?

Here's an article about our own attendance issues. The only question I have now is whether Katie and crew will find a city that wants them when our lease expires.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...d-bengals-another-loss-empty-seats/673467001/

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL play in general is abysmal. Not just here, but across the NFL.

Teams playing spread in college is, in my opinion, directly killing linemen. They don't know how to handle the consistent matchups of DE/DT's who are as big as they are on a regular basis, and can't sustain blocks. It works at the NCAA level because the talent disparity, even in the power 5, allows for quick gimmick plays and more mobile QB's scrambling around each week for hundreds of yards. Can't do that in the NFL on any regularity.

Then there's the impact on the run blocking, which is a lost art as it is. Teams might be better off finding those rare teams that run triple option/wing T/Power I formations at lower levels, and drafting linemen from there. Chances are, they are going to be more prepared to help out. Won't have the high end ceiling as some other OL, but I bet you get more production out of them.

As for attendance...not just a Cincinnati thing. Teams across the NFL are struggling to fill the stadiums.

Just a thought.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all points. Cedric O is a prime example of what's wrong with NFL lineman. He might be a freakish athlete, but his neck is as thin as mine. He's getting manhandled by NFL lineman.

And I agree that attendance is an issue in tons of places. What I think is interesting is that a lot of cities are starting to shy away from providing funds for stadiums. Based on prior comments by Katie and the Brown family, I gather that they are hoping a bigger market can save them as they are staring at increasing operating expenses and potentially smaller revenues (though still ridiculous when you consider the profit). The problem is that they are going to want someone to cut them the type of deal they got last time and I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stinker. Only relocation place they offered up would be England. I can honestly say I would not be a Bengals fan then if they relocated across the pond. I would still probably be a Bengals fan if they relocated inside the US, but that is not a guarantee. London would guarantee I would not be. I know my best option is just quitting now. However, they are like a child...you can't just give up on your kids no matter how bad they are as you feel it is up to you to show loyalty and love to help them turn it around. Granted, this child needs a damn spanking right now and a freaking timeout.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think from a football / market size standpoint (nearly 1.5 million residents - 7th largest US city), San Antonio would be a great place to relocate to. Texas loves its football, San Antonio has great market size, plenty of attractions between Sea World, Six Flags and a very large military presence along with a historical significance with the Alamo.

In comparison for 2017:
San Antonio Residential Size: 1,469,845
Cincinnati Residential Size: 298,550

That is the market I would move to if I was the Bengals front office.

Plus, they have a good basketball team to try and keep up with.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones needs to die if San Antonio is going to compete for a team. He'll do everything he can to block any other team in Texas.

Its hard to know which markets will be relevant in 2026, but I wouldn't gamble on Cincinnati. I'd say they'll shrink even further. And I think the Brown family has made it very clear that they are concerned about money.