• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nine more years of this crap

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Crash's post, I figured I'd post my own pressing question about our favorite football team.

Do you think the Bengals will still be in Cincinnati after 2026? I don't.

Will the Bengals win a playoff game before leaving town in 2026?

Will you still watch the NFL after the Bengals leave? Will you have a new team? Or just be one of those casual fans that watch because they gamble or play FF?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am not sure the Bengals will actually go anywhere. I think fans like us are more rare than you think, ones who can be subjective. I think a majority are completely homerized. I am considered the homer on this board, and I am 10 times more harsh on the team than other Bengal fans that I know.

Unfortunate to say, but if the Bengals left town, I would probably follow them to where they go. As long as the Bengals name remained along with some semblance of the helmet with them.

I am hooked too much, there is no saving me.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they left I'd feel free-er to follow another team.

personally I think by 2026 the MLS team will be a big deal. 30k people showed up when the Crew came to visit from Columbus. there are thousands of kids playing academy soccer in this area, it's a big deal. meanwhile doctors are doing their best to scare parents away from letting their kids play american-ball because of the multiple injuries and especially the concussion risk (not to mention rampant steroid use)

We'll always have the reds. this town ain't giving up on that no matter how bad they may suck.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Crash's post, I figured I'd post my own pressing question about our favorite football team.

Do you think the Bengals will still be in Cincinnati after 2026? I don't.

Will the Bengals win a playoff game before leaving town in 2026?

Will you still watch the NFL after the Bengals leave? Will you have a new team? Or just be one of those casual fans that watch because they gamble or play FF?

I, personally, would not watch the NFL if the Bengals left town. Hell, I'm not sure what I'm watching on Sunday's is "professional football" anyways. It's certainly entertaining, though.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am not sure the Bengals will actually go anywhere. I think fans like us are more rare than you think, ones who can be subjective. I think a majority are completely homerized. I am considered the homer on this board, and I am 10 times more harsh on the team than other Bengal fans that I know.

Unfortunate to say, but if the Bengals left town, I would probably follow them to where they go. As long as the Bengals name remained along with some semblance of the helmet with them.

I am hooked too much, there is no saving me.

It comes down to local politics and NFL politics. There is a 0% chance that the voters of Hamilton County or Cincinnati will EVER vote for another stadium again. And there is a 0% chance that the Brown family signs a new lease that is favorable to the tax payer. At the very least, the Brown family will want the city or county to pay for significant renovations on a 25 year old stadium - And it will come at the cost of a taxpayer.

Also, lease expirations are going to occur in Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland at the same time. Baltimore and Pittsburgh have better relations with their teams.... Not sure what goes on in Cleveland. You can also be sure that the NFL will do whatever it can to facilitate deals for those three cities before figuring out what to do in Cincinnati.

I also think our fans won't really give a damn if they leave..... Maybe it will hurt the feelings of the kids that throw up on each other 8 sundays a year down at PBS. But other folks will be busy with other teams.....

The Reds will be here forever. The Bengals I think will live for another decade at most.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes down to local politics and NFL politics. There is a 0% chance that the voters of Hamilton County or Cincinnati will EVER vote for another stadium again. And there is a 0% chance that the Brown family signs a new lease that is favorable to the tax payer. At the very least, the Brown family will want the city or county to pay for significant renovations on a 25 year old stadium - And it will come at the cost of a taxpayer.

Also, lease expirations are going to occur in Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland at the same time. Baltimore and Pittsburgh have better relations with their teams.... Not sure what goes on in Cleveland. You can also be sure that the NFL will do whatever it can to facilitate deals for those three cities before figuring out what to do in Cincinnati.

I also think our fans won't really give a damn if they leave..... Maybe it will hurt the feelings of the kids that throw up on each other 8 sundays a year down at PBS. But other folks will be busy with other teams.....

The Reds will be here forever. The Bengals I think will live for another decade at most.
There is an initiative in Congress somewhere, that is being laid out that would prevent team owners from being allowed to use taxes to fund a stadium. In short, owners are going to be in charge of footing the bill. I highly doubt it will pass, but if it did you'd see a lot less movement from teams, and a lot more sponsorships and naming rights including Paul Brown.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, Cincinnati-ans are learning to be skeptical of the deals that people make on their behalf. the reds stadium, the street car mess. The Bengals time is limited here. maybe they'll move across the river? lol.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spend a lot of time on the r/bengals sub. Based, realistic and sometimes pessimistic fans like us are the minority. Most folks are Stockholm, kool-aid drinkers. Marvin Lewis is Vince Lombardi, and the Bengals are the envy of the NFL thanks to 5 straight playoff appearances(losses)

That said, people act differently when it affects their wallets. There's not a chance in hell a new stadium would carry the vote in this community. Too much bad blood from the skull fucking that took place in the late 90's. Just because someone shells out 120$ on a Burfict jersey doesn't mean they are willing to pay taxes on another Brown family concrete masolieum.

It will largely depend on which markets are available in 2026. But I could easily see the Bengals leaving town. Katie and friends will be looking for another free lunch. It ain't happening.

As for myself, I've been a Bengals fans since I was in preschool. If they left, I'd likely just move on. Not sure if I'd find a new favorite team, but I'd be done with this franchise.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the Fed having any luck on telling states what they can and can't do with stadium financing..... You want to spend your local tax revenue lining the pockets of billionaires, than I suppose you can just go ahead and do so. But I know for certain that shit aint working in Cincinnati anytime soon. People are pissed off about the deal..... And having to be reminded of it every time some other owner gets a new deal is not helping. Just about everyone agrees that the Brown family completely fleeced the city/county.

And if anyone thinks Katie and her siblings are going to play fair when the lease comes up, they are fooling themselves... Just pay attention to what they are already saying to the media. Lots of clues after the Oakland move.

About the only thing that could seriously hurt the Brown family is if the popularity of the sport continues this downward trend. It's hard for me to see another city wanting this trainwreck of a franchise when football is becoming less popular.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the Fed having any luck on telling states what they can and can't do with stadium financing..... You want to spend your local tax revenue lining the pockets of billionaires, than I suppose you can just go ahead and do so. But I know for certain that shit aint working in Cincinnati anytime soon. People are pissed off about the deal..... And having to be reminded of it every time some other owner gets a new deal is not helping. Just about everyone agrees that the Brown family completely fleeced the city/county.

And if anyone thinks Katie and her siblings are going to play fair when the lease comes up, they are fooling themselves... Just pay attention to what they are already saying to the media. Lots of clues after the Oakland move.

About the only thing that could seriously hurt the Brown family is if the popularity of the sport continues this downward trend. It's hard for me to see another city wanting this trainwreck of a franchise when football is becoming less popular.

It is becoming less popular? Wow, had no idea. I thought it was as big as ever. In my head it was anyways.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL season is over — but its ratings problem might be just starting

The short answer is that people no longer have tolerance for commercials.... And the NFL just keeps adding more and more.

Football is already short by nature (in terms of actual live plays). I think they recently said that in a 3+ hour game, there is about 15-20 minutes of actual football action. There's a lot of TV timeouts and standing around. It's brutal to go to a game live anymore.

They've also over-marketed the game. They've made it better to stay at home (or a bar) watch 3-4-5-6 games at a time, and keep up with fantasy football. Now, they are finding with apps and goal-line, red-zone channels, people are simply just keeping up by barely having to pay attention and no longer need to attend, or even watch, an actual game.

Don't get me started on how stupid it actually is to have a Thursday night game...

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably start rooting for the Titans or Panthers or Saints.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I would feel if The Bengals left Cincinnati? I pull for the Orange & Black because my familys from there. Even though I've never lived in the area I have roots there so it's a mixed bag for me?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Fisher wants to “get back on the sideline”

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jeff Fisher was the next coach of the Bengals..... Bengals bomb this season. Lewis walks away or isn't offered a new deal. Mike Brown wants to hire a 'tough' guy with a lot of experience. Fisher is desperate and comes cheap. Bam! Another 5-10 years of mediocracy.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Fisher wants to “get back on the sideline”

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jeff Fisher was the next coach of the Bengals..... Bengals bomb this season. Lewis walks away or isn't offered a new deal. Mike Brown wants to hire a 'tough' guy with a lot of experience. Fisher is desperate and comes cheap. Bam! Another 5-10 years of mediocracy.

Not to mention Fisher has experience with coaching through relocations in Tennessee and LA. Perfect coach to shepherd the Bengals when they leave town.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine how dirty Burfict and Pac wold be playing for good ole Jeff? That actually might be worth watching.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...-cincinnati-bengals-new-school-nfl/510524001/

I'll save you a few minutes of reading by giving you the Cliff's Notes..... While the Bengals organization makes over 60 million dollars in profit per year (all teams make over 60 IN PROFIT), they are none to happy about it because bigger market teams make substantially more money. In some ways they have plenty of reasons to be afraid - Those 60 million dollars could become less and less until they make nothing. Regardless, this is a crew that will be leaving within the decade. Book it.