• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nike Camp Today

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nike is hosting a prospect camp today at Blacksburg. There are some nice advantages to being the east coast whore to Swoosh nation. The Hokies have a bucnh of targets that will be there. It is being held at Lane Stadium and Tyrod Taylor is one of the "camp counselors". The should have fun throwing in that wind. We may hand out a few more offers and potentially get a few commits out of this weekend. I will keep you updated. We have two more schollys available now with the transfers of Jake and Pat. There may be one more transfer coming, as well.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nike is hosting a prospect camp today at Blacksburg. There are some nice advantages to being the east coast whore to Swoosh nation. The Hokies have a bucnh of targets that will be there. It is being held at Lane Stadium and Tyrod Taylor is one of the "camp counselors". The should have fun throwing in that wind. We may hand out a few more offers and potentially get a few commits out of this weekend. I will keep you updated. We have two more schollys available now with the transfers of Jake and Pat. There may be one more transfer coming, as well.

The problem with these camps is that VT coaches cannot be at hand (although Hite was there because his son was participating). It's not really a recruiting tool for colleges, but more so for the kids. It's a way to get prospects used to college training and combine exercises.

Still, great exposure for VT so kids can see the facilities. I can't wait to see what VT will look like with the new locker room and eventually a new indoor practice field.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with these camps is that VT coaches cannot be at hand (although Hite was there because his son was participating). It's not really a recruiting tool for colleges, but more so for the kids. It's a way to get prospects used to college training and combine exercises.

Still, great exposure for VT so kids can see the facilities. I can't wait to see what VT will look like with the new locker room and eventually a new indoor practice field.

Players can be though.....

Hence Duan Perez and Theron hanging out with Curtis Grant and Tyrod being a "camp counselor". Also it gives the recruits a chance to be at your place and see your facilities.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Players can be though.....

Hence Duan Perez and Theron hanging out with Curtis Grant and Tyrod being a "camp counselor". Also it gives the recruits a chance to be at your place and see your facilities.

Very true. My only concern is that who knows how great these kids are as recruiters. It's certainly not their job like coaches, so they may not be able to sell the school as well, but they are more true to their self. That may be more refreshing to hear from a prospects viewpoint, than the coaches' car salesman approach. Although I think Tyrod is a pretty good seller, since I heard that Ryan Williams chose VT after hanging out with Tyrod on his OV.

Either way, these camps are great to have for nothing else, but exposure.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. My only concern is that who knows how great these kids are as recruiters. It's certainly not their job like coaches, so they may not be able to sell the school as well, but they are more true to their self. That may be more refreshing to hear from a prospects viewpoint, than the coaches' car salesman approach. Although I think Tyrod is a pretty good seller, since I heard that Ryan Williams chose VT after hanging out with Tyrod on his OV.

Either way, these camps are great to have for nothing else, but exposure.

If you are a member of beamerball, they have interviews with a bunch of the recruits as they come in and a lot of them cite players as very influential, especially players that either a. played at their high school, or b. play the position that they were being recruited for. It was pretty interesting to me. (I think that the beamerball account is well worth the price as their is some really cool stuff in there.) Jonhn Graves and Darren Evans have been really good recruiters for us recently, as an example.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It also seems like the Del Ray Florida players seem to recruit each other.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also think having Nike use our facilities gives the school a bit of cache due to association.