• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nightcrawler's Houston/Seattle/Toronto/etc... Update thread

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox and Indians are both losing tonight. Could the Red Sox be jockeying for position? Maybe they don't want to face an AL east team in the first round.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox and Indians are both losing tonight. Could the Red Sox be jockeying for position? Maybe they don't want to face an AL east team in the first round.

Think about it....do we?

2nd seed is fine. We did well against the Indians away and at home.

If Boston wins HFA and we face them in the ALCS. No problem. Win one of two in Boston and then the next three games are in our house in a 7 game series.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it....do we?

2nd seed is fine. We did well against the Indians away and at home.

If Boston wins HFA and we face them in the ALCS. No problem. Win one of two in Boston and then the next three games are in our house in a 7 game series.

That is what I prefer, but everyone in the game thread is pulling there hair out about the recent losses and wants us to get the #1 seed. I think a first round matchup with the tribe is better then playing the Red Sox, Blue Jays, or Orioles.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox have tied the Yankees and the tribe is still losing 6-0.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox lose again. Texas wins one game and HFA is all locked up!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's eliminate the M's

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's eliminate the M's
And then there were 3.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers won tomorrow and either the Orioles or Blue Jays lost. The ultimate situation would be Detroit wins, Baltimore loses, and Toronto loses. That would then force the Tigers to play their make-up game against Cleveland on Monday. Cleveland likely would pitch a scrub, giving the Tigers a probable win. Then you'd have a 3-way tie for the 2 Wild Card spots to be settled between Tuesday and Wednesday. By then, the Rangers would likely face off against their eventual opponent's #3 or a very tired #1.

Crazy stuff.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there were 3.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers won tomorrow and either the Orioles or Blue Jays lost. The ultimate situation would be Detroit wins, Baltimore loses, and Toronto loses. That would then force the Tigers to play their make-up game against Cleveland on Monday. Cleveland likely would pitch a scrub, giving the Tigers a probable win. Then you'd have a 3-way tie for the 2 Wild Card spots to be settled between Tuesday and Wednesday. By then, the Rangers would likely face off against their eventual opponent's #3 or a very tired #1.

Crazy stuff.

Could be a wild ride to end the reg season and start the post season! Hoping however it plays out, it benefits the Rangers!

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a wild ride to end the reg season and start the post season! Hoping however it plays out, it benefits the Rangers!
Yeah, you like the rest, but you worry about rust. It's kind of like when a basketball or hockey team wins a series in 4 and then has to sit out a week while they wait for their next round opponent to be decided in a series that goes 7.

There are so many factors to weigh when trying to decide who the Rangers would do the best against: day/night game, pitching matchups, season head2head record, hot/cold, rest/rust, lefty/righty stats, home/road records, etc.

I think it's impossible to say who to hope for, so that's why I say let the chips fall where they may and bring on whoever. Screw 'em. We'll beat whatever team gets thrown our way.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you like the rest, but you worry about rust. It's kind of like when a basketball or hockey team wins a series in 4 and then has to sit out a week while they wait for their next round opponent to be decided in a series that goes 7.

There are so many factors to weigh when trying to decide who the Rangers would do the best against: day/night game, pitching matchups, season head2head record, hot/cold, rest/rust, lefty/righty stats, home/road records, etc.

I think it's impossible to say who to hope for, so that's why I say let the chips fall where they may and bring on whoever. Screw 'em. We'll beat whatever team gets thrown our way.

Pitching and the lineup need to get hot and the other teams will fall

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, though, that if I were picking our opponent based solely on how much I like each team, my order of preference would be Baltimore, Detroit, Toronto.

I've had nothing but good encounters with O's fans, and they do have a lot of former Rangers. The only Oriole I dislike is Adam Jones.

Detroit is ok, too. Verlander has been outspoken against Kaepernick and his idiot friends, so he's ok in my book. And Miggy, JD Martinez, and Upton seem like decent guys too. Kinsler is still a mouthy selfish stat-padder.

And the Blue Jays and their fans can go to hell. They are nothing but human trash.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are all the scenarios today?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are all the scenarios today?
AL:
If Baltimore and Toronto both win, they're in as the 2 Wild Card teams.
If either (or both) loses, then Detroit can tie them for the Wild Card with a win today and a win tomorrow in their make-up game with Cleveland.

If Boston wins, they are the #2 seed. If Boston loses and Cleveland wins, Cleveland is the #2 seed.

NL:
If San Francisco wins, they are the 2nd Wild Card, along with the Mets. If SF loses, the Cardinals can tie them for the 2nd Wild Card spot with a win.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL:
If Baltimore and Toronto both win, they're in as the 2 Wild Card teams.
If either (or both) loses, then Detroit can tie them for the Wild Card with a win today and a win tomorrow in their make-up game with Cleveland.

If Boston wins, they are the #2 seed. If Boston loses and Cleveland wins, Cleveland is the #2 seed.

NL:
If San Francisco wins, they are the 2nd Wild Card, along with the Mets. If SF loses, the Cardinals can tie them for the 2nd Wild Card spot with a win.

I hope the wild card team is as tired as possible. Hopefully the Cleveland / Detroit game happens

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Baltimore host the wild card game if they win today? I hope so

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very disappointing results elsewhere today....... the Tigers lost to the Braves which eliminated them from the race. The Orioles won, but don't gain anything because the Blue Jays beat the Red Sox. The wild card game is on Tuesday in Toronto. Unfortunately, we are most likely to see the Blue Jays in Arlington on Thursday.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very disappointing results elsewhere today....... the Tigers lost to the Braves which eliminated them from the race. The Orioles won, but don't gain anything because the Blue Jays beat the Red Sox. The wild card game is on Tuesday in Toronto. Unfortunately, we are most likely to see the Blue Jays in Arlington on Thursday.

Stop being a pussy and just say "Let's go Rangers!"

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want the team succeed and drawing a first round opponent who is a bad matchup would be unlucky given that we are the #1 seed.

Go change your tampon, Nancy.