• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Night Shift Fantasy Football

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...uh... yeah... I see the draft is August 28th. Any chance we could move that? I'll be in Vegas. Recover doesn't begin until 7am on the 29th.

That's not the draft date, you have to put something in when you create the league or it won't allow you to create it.....

Dear @moxie come on really.....this is your third year with the night shift leagues. You'd think you know we always set something up that's good for everyone......especially you :eyebrows:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August 29th is my press conference, talk about last season with the media, ( winning the GM of the year award) and talk about the upcoming season...

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August 29th is my press conference, talk about last season with the media, ( winning the GM of the year award) and talk about the upcoming season...

So what you're saying is its all you can eat night at your Mushu Buffet & Eggroll grill that night???

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, fuckers.

I'm considering joining a basic Fantasy Football league and am looking to buy a Fantasy Football magazine from Amazon.

Here's their listing.

Are any of these particularly better than the others? Remember, I want basic - not too overwhelming.

Thanks.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, fuckers.

I'm considering joining a basic Fantasy Football league and am looking to buy a Fantasy Football magazine from Amazon.

Here's their listing.

Are any of these particularly better than the others? Remember, I want basic - not too overwhelming.

Thanks.

What's up pecker-puller

@FaCe-LeE-uS would be the one to ask on this.....he's the stat guy.
But honestly, I never bought any of that Shit. There are enough stats you can look up on the league's, Hell now they even have tv shows for fantasy football. But the stats and the explanations on them are there, just have to do a bit of research and it won't cost you a dime. These days they even have the players ranked for you before and during the drafts.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up pecker-puller

@FaCe-LeE-uS would be the one to ask on this.....he's the stat guy.
But honestly, I never bought any of that Shit. There are enough stats you can look up on the league's, Hell now they even have tv shows for fantasy football. But the stats and the explanations on them are there, just have to do a bit of research and it won't cost you a dime. These days they even have the players ranked for you before and during the drafts.

Thanks, Mr Ward.

Honestly, it's for my father-in-law, otherwise I'd just do what you've suggested.

Danny Ocho

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the league already full? If so, I want to compete.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, fuckers.

Here's their listing.

Thanks.
Those fantasy guides are useless, imo. Just look for the free info that the fantasy guru's such as Karabell, Perry and Yates at ESPN and Evans and Pianowski at Yahoo put out.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those fantasy guides are useless, imo. Just look for the free info that the fantasy guru's such as Karabell, Perry and Yates at ESPN and Evans and Pianowski at Yahoo put out.

Don't have that luxury. I need to pick a magazine.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, fuckers.

Here's their listing.

Thanks.
I've never bought a FF magazine before so I'm probably not the right guy to ask. @averagejoe could lead you in the right direction.

Are you just wanting the magazines for rankings or insights? Or are you looking for a "beginner's guide" of sorts?

If you were looking for rankings & insights, I'd get the premium membership over at FantasyPros (Fantasy Football Rankings, 2017 Projections, Fantasy Baseball Cheat Sheets). Their rankings aren't biased by 1 or 3 analysts like most major sports sites are (NFL.com, ESPN.com, CBS.com, etc), rather they pool their rankings from hundreds of analysts (consensus) from all those sites. You won't find better rankings anywhere else. They also have great projections, and other tools like the Start/Sit assistant (provides recommendations on setting your lineup each week), or the Who Should I Start tool (enter 2 names and it gives percentages for consensus rankings on a weekly basis to give you their recommendation on who to start), and many other things. Most of these tools are free, but the premium membership gives you access to a lot of other things.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never bought a FF magazine before so I'm probably not the right guy to ask. @averagejoe could lead you in the right direction.

Are you just wanting the magazines for rankings or insights? Or are you looking for a "beginner's guide" of sorts?

Thanks for the shout out Face.
Like you I refuse to buy anything related to fantasy football. Mostly because there is enough free stuff on line from advice to rankings. And I'm cheap.

If Slinky truly is a novice, he may want to just start here with Fantasy 101.
Asking questions on this message board will help too.
Otherwise, I agree that a safe bet is FantasyPros consensus rankings.
As for various sites featuring specific aspects of fantasy football, this thread link may help with that.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SlinkyRedfoot , if it's a magazine you have to have, just pick up the one most recently released. Outta that list you posted, I think June 30 was the best. They're all basically gonna have the same stuff anyway, so you might as well get one with the most updated transactions and moves.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have that luxury. I need to pick a magazine.
If your draft is late enough, the hands down best publication to bring to the draft table is USA Today's Fantasy Football special edition, the info inside isn't written until well into preseason, so injuries, suspensions and the progress in positional battles is all taken into account.

Although, most fantasy rags have "codes" tho get online and download their "up to date" rankings on their cheat sheets if you want to go through the trouble of doing that and printing them out

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, fuckers.

Here's their listing.

Thanks.
Although i still recommend USA Today's special edition, of the ones listed on Amazon..Fantasy Football index is by far the one i would go with

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything before the last week of August. I fly out of the country

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with the majority, although a Saturday late afternoon/evening would be easier for me than a Sunday.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, anything after 8 works for me.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3