• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Young signs with the Lakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's great for Nick and great for the Lakers," Young's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told the Los Angeles Times. "He could've waited and got more money in the free-agent market, but his dream has always been to play for the Lakers."

That's what agents say, but it's bullshit. It isn't like the Lakers offer was going to be pulled.

Could have waited means there were no offers because the other teams were exploring other options.

“I didn’t want to sit around and wait on what was going to happen,” Young said. “I felt like this would be a good opportunity.”

Exactly. He could have gotten more money elsewhere but signed for less with the Lakers.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a fantasy basketball analysis :lol:

Exactly, but fantasy players pick players based on projected production, correct?

This expert, IHO, is saying that people shouldn't be counting on Kaman for much production.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. He could have gotten more money elsewhere but signed for less with the Lakers.

He only "could have", if somebody would have actually offered it.

You can speculate that some team might have, but fact is, none did.

I'm sure if he has a productive season this year then he will opt out and some team will.

THEN, if that happens, let's see if he turns down the $$$ in order to play for the minimum with the Lakers next season.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, but fantasy players pick players based on projected production, correct?

This expert, IHO, is saying that people shouldn't be counting on Kaman for much production.

Fantasy experts didn't predict AP would do much last season. He only fell a few yards shy of the rushing record. One "expert" writes this and it is gospel to you... :laugh3:

Lakers fans aren't expecting Shaq like numbers. However, Kaman is still a good NBA center. He shot well over 50% from 16' to 3pt line which is where he will be utilized with the pick and pop game.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only "could have", if somebody would have actually offered it.

You can speculate that some team might have, but fact is, none did.

I'm sure if he has a productive season this year then he will opt out and some team will.

THEN, if that happens, let's see if he turns down the $$$ in order to play for the minimum with the Lakers next season.

His agent said he could have waited and gotten more money elsewhere. You don't think his agent was aware of what was going on? He had a productive season off the bench for the Sixers last season. It's not like he has to prove anything.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy experts didn't predict AP would do much last season. He only fell a few yards shy of the rushing record. One "expert" writes this and it is gospel to you... :laugh3:

Lakers fans aren't expecting Shaq like numbers. However, Kaman is still a good NBA center. He shot well over 50% from 16' to 3pt line which is where he will be utilized with the pick and pop game.

Not gospel to me at all.

I actually don't think he is that bad of a player if he's healthy.

That was the only unbiased evaluation I have seen of him lately.

If you see something predicting him to be better, please share.

Whatever he does, the drop off from Howard to him is as significant as significant can be as far as evaluating your chances of winning.

FACT.

Lakers before Howard left were 10-1 to win the title, now they are 45-1 to win the WC.
Rockets were 25-1 to win the title and are now 9-1.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent said he could have waited and gotten more money elsewhere. You don't think his agent was aware of what was going on? He had a productive season off the bench for the Sixers last season. It's not like he has to prove anything.

who knew when i started this thread that Turnip would use it as his anti-Lakers sounding board? lol, i'm better than i thought...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lakersrule;3310443[QUOTE said:
]His agent said

Seriously? That's what agents do. They try to sell their players.

he could have waited and gotten more money elsewhere.

You don't think his agent was aware of what was going on?

I do, and that is why I think he just took what he could get this year based on the market.
If he is so thrilled to be there for the minimum, they why the opt out in his contract?

He had a productive season off the bench for the Sixers last season.

It's not like he has to prove anything.
[/QUOTE]

"With the Lakers, he feels that he is in the perfect place to take his career to the next level"

Apparently he does feel he needs to prove something.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knew when i started this thread that Turnip would use it as his anti-Lakers sounding board? lol, i'm better than i thought...:lol:

When you started the thread, you said 'not bad for the minimum', correct?

You didn't say 'what a steal' . Why is that?

Anyway, call me crazy, but I would rather have little Nate Robinson, and he just signed for 2M/year, so I don't see where you feel that Young could have commanded more $$ elsewhere.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a short memory Turnip. Typical.

Actually, I have a way beyond average memory, and I can combine it with common sense.

It all adds to me as though he took what he could get this year knowing he would get playing time and if he performs well he can opt out and seek more $$$ next year.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you started the thread, you said 'not bad for the minimum', correct?

You didn't say 'what a steal' . Why is that?
uh kaayyy, so what's your point...?:scratch:

Anyway, call me crazy,

oh you're absolutely bat-shit insane, but that's beside the point...:lol:

but I would rather have little Nate Robinson, and he just signed for 2M/year, so I don't see where you feel that Young could have commanded more $$ elsewhere.

somehow, i DOUBT you'd be praising the Lakers OR "little Nate" had the Lakers grabbed him. but either way, all I said was good move to get him for the money they paid, which, btw, is the TRUTH. as far as getting more money elsewhere it surely IS in the realm of possibility. and considering YOU aren't privvy to what his agent would know about the sitch i don't know why you're arguing so vehemently that it just CAN'T be so...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somehow, i DOUBT you'd be praising the Lakers OR "little Nate" had the Lakers grabbed him. but either way, all I said was good move to get him for the money they paid, which, btw, is the TRUTH. as far as getting more money elsewhere it surely IS in the realm of possibility. and considering YOU aren't privvy to what his agent would know about the sitch i don't know why you're arguing so vehemently that it just CAN'T be so...

No true. First of all, I have agreed since day 1 that he was a good sign by the Lakers, so as usual, you are just talking out of your ass. What I have also said is that there are players like him on EVERY team. He is nothing special nor is he any type of difference maker.

As far as to what he MIGHT have been offered, that is the speculation.
What he DID get offered was the minimum with an opt out. FACT.

What I do know, is that the vast, vast, vast majority of players take every nickel they can get.
If you don't agree and need a list, just ask and you will receive.

In turn, give me your list of any players in the last few years that can be PROVEN to have accepted less then they were offered somewhere else. Your list will pretty much end after you go down the Heat roster.

As far as Nate, I said I was glad he went to the West because he usually burns the Heat.
You have to admire his heart and talent. He can't defend a lick, but for him to compete at a high level in the NBA at his size is amazing.

He would have been an upgrade and useful player for the Lakers this year IMO.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No true. First of all, I have agreed since day 1 that he was a good sign by the Lakers, so as usual, you are just talking out of your ass. What I have also said is that there are players like him on EVERY team. He is nothing special nor is he any type of difference maker.
Translation:"i'm going to skew this to make the Lakers look like they have crap for a line-up". you "pride yourself" on your "ability" to combine memory with common sense. me? i pride myself on being able to read between the lines with people, and i KNOW you're full of shit. DO keep trying, though...

As far as to what he MIGHT have been offered, that is the speculation.
What he DID get offered was the minimum with an opt out. FACT.

STILL isn't a lock-down, lead pipe cinch he COULDN'T have gotten more. sorry(not really) that YOU can't see it...

What I do know, is that the vast, vast, vast majority of players take every nickel they can get.
If you don't agree and need a list, just ask and you will receive.

oh that's good. put out a line where any fool's gonna agree. still proves NOTHING, though...

In turn, give me your list of any players in the last few years that can be PROVEN to have accepted less then they were offered somewhere else. Your list will pretty much end after you go down the Heat roster.

ho-hum. now DO prove he wasn't ecstatic or proud NOT to be a Laker. i dunno, but i think Lakers pride DOES mean something to some players. just my opinion, though...

As far as Nate, I said I was glad he went to the West because he usually burns the Heat.
You have to admire his heart and talent. He can't defend a lick, but for him to compete at a high level in the NBA at his size is amazing.

oooo, look at the praise for the little fella. i STILL say your tune would be 100% different if he wore purple and gold. doo keep up the good wortk...

He would have been an upgrade and useful player for the Lakers this year IMO.

thanks for your input, ol' sock. i'm sure we're all better for it...:rollseyes:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways, point is we all(Lakers fans) know we didn't go out and get a world beater for the minimum. no one's crazy enough to say that. however, to say there's no possible way he couldn't have gotten more money elsewhere is absolute nonsense. no one who wasn't in his particular loop simply doesn't know. it's that plain and simple...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by TurnUpTheHeat
Translation:"i'm going to skew this to make the Lakers look like they have crap for a line-up". you "pride yourself" on your "ability" to combine memory with common sense. me? i pride myself on being able to read between the lines with people, and i KNOW you're full of shit. DO keep trying, though...

By Laker (past) standards, it is total crap. When is the last time you weren't projected to finish in the top 8 in the West? When is the last time you were the 2nd best team in your own building and 3rd best team in your own division?

You are the blinded one who even a 3rd into the season said the Lakers would win the division when I from DAY 1 said they would never crack the top 4 in the West and would be fighting for a 6-8 seed. Correct?

So lets hear this years projection from you. Put it in writing.

Here is mine. You will be right around .500. You will be lucky to play .333 on the road.
You will be fighting for the 8 seed and more then likely miss the playoffs.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by TurnUpTheHeat

By Laker (past) standards, it is total crap. When is the last time you weren't projected to finish in the top 8 in the West? When is the last time you were the 2nd best team in your own building and 3rd best team in your own division?

You are the blinded one who even a 3rd into the season said the Lakers would win the division when I from DAY 1 said they would never crack the top 4 in the West and would be fighting for a 6-8 seed. Correct?

So lets hear this years projection from you. Put it in writing.

Here is mine. You will be right around .500. You will be lucky to play .333 on the road.
You will be fighting for the 8 seed and more then likely miss the playoffs.

i can't see where anyone predicted otherwise(anyone with a brain anyway). so who needed to hear it from YOU? glad we had this convo...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for your input, ol' sock. i'm sure we're all better for it...:rollseyes:

anyways, point is we all(Lakers fans) know we didn't go out and get a world beater for the minimum. no one's crazy enough to say that. however, to say there's no possible way he couldn't have gotten more money elsewhere is absolute nonsense. no one who wasn't in his particular loop simply doesn't know. it's that plain and simple...

I never said there was no way possible. I actually ASKED if he was offered any more because I hadn't seen it, and to be honest, if asked heading into the summer, I would have projected him to be offered around 10-12 M for 3 years.

The NOW point is, is that what agents say means nothing.
They are salesmen whose job is to usually get every nickel they can for their clients.

Fact is, they are paid a % so it benefits them to find the highest offer so they earn more.
His agent couldn't care less about giving the Lakers some sort of hometown discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.