• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban's new contract $11+ Million, Michigan's season tickets

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two topics I just saw scroll across my twitter feed.

At $11.15 million, Alabama's Nick Saban the highest paid in all of sports for 2017

"According to Al.com, Saban will be paid $11.15 million this season, thanks in part to a $4 million signing bonus.

The contract runs through 2024."

Holy shit

And also Michigan's season tickets up to 93,000 -- the largest number ever seen since 200 and those tickets alone account for more people than every stadium but 9 in CFB.

2 address your two completely non related quotes:

(1) Nick Saban is a great coach and Alabama is a great college football team ... he deserves a great contract.

(2) University of Michigan is a great college football program and as a season ticket holder, I have no regrets in my purchase ... we are lucky to have a great fan base, but this means nothing to other teams. Only by victories on the field (especially ohio state) will we get respect.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Saban would command on the open market...i.e. If he were simply to say to 5-6 teams, "I'll go to the highest bidder!" Obviously he won't do that, but I bet the bidding would get SILLY!

I think we can bury the "Saban to the NFL" head line now. He will retire as head coach from the University of Alabama when he finally calls quits on coaching. I would venture to say he doesn't see the end of the 8 years of this contract as a head coach. I see him making it 5 years...max. Maybe he'll last longer, but I imagine he will obliterate every NCAA coaching record in the next few years, and will be able to quit at #1 in SEVERAL categories....if he chooses to.