• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban Will Leave Alabama for One NFL Franchise—Report

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt know if it was best to put this here or on the college board but maybe there is hope for the Giants with round 2 for Mr Saban

Saban described the comeback win against Georgia on Monday, sparked by the entry of backup quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, as his happiest moment. “This was a great win for our players and I’ve never been happier in my life,” Saban told ESPN’s Tom Rinaldi.

Would a sixth National Title with the Tide, a seventh for Saban, an 18th in all for Alabama, make Saban even happier? It is tempting to wonder, in the days after one of the more startling finishes to a college football season in living memory, whether he might want to seek challenges outside of the college game. Even with Bear Bryant’s record of six national titles there for the beating next season.

Bruce Arians stirred the pot on Tuesday night on The Herd with Colin Cowherd. Arians, who just announced his retirement, said there was one franchise that could convince Saban to leave Alabama for the potentially choppier waters of the NFL.

“It would not surprise me,” Arians said when asked by Cowherd if Saban might be considering one of the NFL head coaching vacancies. “There's a job he covets and it just happens to be open... The Giants."

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is great , GREAT, with the media . He loves them . So a job in NY makes sense ....

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt know if it was best to put this here or on the college board but maybe there is hope for the Giants with round 2 for Mr Saban

Saban described the comeback win against Georgia on Monday, sparked by the entry of backup quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, as his happiest moment. “This was a great win for our players and I’ve never been happier in my life,” Saban told ESPN’s Tom Rinaldi.

Would a sixth National Title with the Tide, a seventh for Saban, an 18th in all for Alabama, make Saban even happier? It is tempting to wonder, in the days after one of the more startling finishes to a college football season in living memory, whether he might want to seek challenges outside of the college game. Even with Bear Bryant’s record of six national titles there for the beating next season.

Bruce Arians stirred the pot on Tuesday night on The Herd with Colin Cowherd. Arians, who just announced his retirement, said there was one franchise that could convince Saban to leave Alabama for the potentially choppier waters of the NFL.

“It would not surprise me,” Arians said when asked by Cowherd if Saban might be considering one of the NFL head coaching vacancies. “There's a job he covets and it just happens to be open... The Giants."
giants? why?

i know hes close to bill b. maybe that connection?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take him

But I know it could blow up badly

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm not gonna be the next NY Giants coach."

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he want Gruden money though ??? :pound:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what he'll coach in the NFL for one year... Get bored with it and go back to a college team for twice as much as he would make with the Giants?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is great , GREAT, with the media . He loves them . So a job in NY makes sense ....

Is Dante Culpepper available?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin to Giants. That would be awesome.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't recruit a depth chart full of starters in the NFL. I can't see him leaving.

Exactly. His advantages in the recruiting game disappear as soon as he bails out of Alabama and we all saw how good a coach he is when the talent poll playing field isn't stacked in his favor.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. His advantages in the recruiting game disappear as soon as he bails out of Alabama and we all saw how good a coach he is when the talent poll playing field isn't stacked in his favor.

and doesn't get bailed out year after year from the committee and the "name" he coaches for