• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban Media Days

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the full transcript.

What Alabama coach Nick Saban said at SEC Media Days Wednesday | NOLA.com

Regardless of what people are trolling about elsewhere, I'm actually pretty happy with what he said. When it came to identifying what was screwed up last year, he nailed the things I was thinking for the most part. Weren't physical enough, defense gave up too many big plays, etc. So hopefully those things get fixed.

But, it sounded like we might be seeing more HUNH, which I don't particularly care for. He recognized the offense causes trouble with the defense and all the extra plays it has to endure, but it seems like he believes the defense needs to overcome that, rather than slowing the offense back down. I'm not sure I really care for that.

As the saying goes, offenses wins games and defenses wins championships and that is damn sure what happened to us last year. I guess I'm just old school and like the power football too much?

Good news is that he was pretty upbeat about the team and that everyone seems focused. I'm guessing that the further we get from having won a national championship and the more guys we get that haven't won one, the easier it will be to motivate them.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think for us to go another run like we had, we need a big powerful Oline and a couple of RBs that are tough to bring down. Run most of the time and throw when need be. Wear down the other teams defense and let ours rest so they can go balls to the wall on every play and shut the other offense down. That's one key to beating the HUNH, keeping them off the field with ball control.