• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully someone signs Chase for 3 or 4 mil ... I "think" we would get cap relief for anything over the 1 mil we saved by releasing him. So if he signs for 3 mil somewhere we'd be off the hook for an extra 2 mil?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have the specifics of the Foles deal? What's his cap hit to us this year?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now we can have a REAL quarterback controversy! woohooo

Foles will get to be the most loved eagle again.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rappaport says Chicago or New Orleans.
Shefter says that Daniel wants to be released. Problem is that this only saves $1M on the cap.
Saving $$$ under the cap is not a problem...well, wait... is that $1M is we release Daniel and that alone or is that a sum of "we just signed Foles and cut Daniel?"

Regardless, it may not be a "savings" now, but I think that most of us would rather have Foles as a #2 than Daniel...who was never more than a Pederson-like player-coach, i.e a #3...at best.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully someone signs Chase for 3 or 4 mil ... I "think" we would get cap relief for anything over the 1 mil we saved by releasing him. So if he signs for 3 mil somewhere we'd be off the hook for an extra 2 mil?

I've seen this a few other places, but it doesn't make sense to me. Wasn't Chase's cap hit $8M because he had a $7M base salary and a $1M signing bonus hit? And wasn't his dead cap hit $5M guaranteed and his $2M signing bonus hit?

Isn't the offset on the $5M guaranteed amount? So, the Eagles save $1M regardless and his offset language makes it so the cap money is given back to the Eagles, up to $5M. Is that not correct?

I hope a team signs him for at least $5M.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now we can have a REAL quarterback controversy! woohooo

Foles will get to be the most loved eagle again.
I appreciate that cynical sentiment (I'm there with you), but I have to believe (I really have to believe, for my own sanity) that all of us *educated* fans have seen through Foles' "first" season as a "Chip's 1st Season" anomaly. That said, he showed some competence, which is what we can hope for/expect for a #2. Give me Mahomes in the 6-7th (he's going to drop, IMO) and trade Daniel (for Mahomes, basically), then we are good to go.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this as a parallel move ... I guess Foles "might" be better than Chase if called upon for a few games, but aside from his fluky one season here with Chip, Foles has been a let down everywhere he's gone. Cap wise we're still on the hook for 7 mil in Guaranteed money to Foles, so I don't see much in the way of savings.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the way the numbers are being reported, we really have no idea what they are going to save on Daniels deal. I seriously doubt they would have granted him his wish without redoing his contract to get rid of the salary guarantee this year. SO who knows at this point. I do know this if they find a player they want they will figure a way to get him in under the cap.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is a definite upgrade over Daniel. He's a better fit as a #2 - has past starting experience and can spot start if needed without issues. He's only been a letdown when teams view him as the main guy.

I thought the whole "player coach" thing w/Daniel was a bit overrated; I understand why they felt it was necessary to do it at the time because you didn't know what to expect w/ Wentz, but Wentz is as sharp as they come and didn't look like he had any issues whatsoever conceptualizing the offense even from the start of the season. Thus Daniel became expendable and the Birds saw an opportunity to upgrade QB2 w/ Foles.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Foles left the Eagles he has 10 TD's and 10 Int's ... you can pretty much get that from any scrub out there and not have to guarantee 7 mil. I'm pretty sure if given the chance, Chase can throw a TD per pick as well :)

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat speculating but i would expect that Foles 11m would be 1m in salary 6m in bonus and a non guaranteed 4m next year. That would put his cap hit at 4m.

As far as Chase he has a 5m guarantee with offset language so you would expect his new team to offer a min 1m contract in 2017 rather than volunteer to pick up the Eagles offset. Then they would offer a 2018 guarantee instead. So they get Chase for 2 years and essentially only pay for one. Good deal for both Chase and his new team.

The confusing thing with Chase is he thinks he can start but there really is no basis for it...even in preseason tape?

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all that holds it means that the Eagles are paying Chase to pay for another team this year as well as Foles to play for them. Paying a total of 7m guarantee to Foles and another 5m less the min salary of 1m to Chase. Means the Eagles are paying 11m to their backup qb position. Add in Chase's 2m remai ing signing bonus and your up to 13m. And they are still paying for Bradford 5.5 dead cap.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Chase he has a 5m guarantee with offset language so you would expect his new team to offer a min 1m contract in 2017 rather than volunteer to pick up the Eagles offset. Then they would offer a 2018 guarantee instead. So they get Chase for 2 years and essentially only pay for one. Good deal for both Chase and his new team.

Does the NFL still have the 30% rule? If so, how is Chase supposed to get all that guaranteed money in 2018? Or are you saying that Chase would sign a one-year minimum contract and roll the dice on his next contract?

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the NFL still have the 30% rule? If so, how is Chase supposed to get all that guaranteed money in 2018? Or are you saying that Chase would sign a one-year minimum contract and roll the dice on his next contract?

I googled 30 percent rule and it looks like that hasnt been a thing since 2010. It dealt specifically with the cba and the uncapped year at that point.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that no one could actually buy an LJ Smith jersey.

Potential buyers kept dropping the jerseys as soon as they took them off the rack.

Either that or they made a bull rush to the register with it but were always stopped stone cold one foot from the cashier