• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles what is his future in fanatys

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the rising costs of signing Cousins, starting to wonder if it wise for the Vikings to sign him. Many of the other teams mentioned clearly don't have the money needed. Do you think signing Cousin to a contract that averages 30 mil a year is wise for the Vikings? Maybe settle for Keenum and use the rest for additional bostering of the roster makes more sense?
But as good as the Vikings D was, and even as good as Keenum was, Minny fell short.
As a GM, you have to figure that you can't rest on your laurels when you're this close.

Foles to Minny might be a cheaper proposition.
Foles is only 28 (younger than both Bradford and Keenum) and now he has playoff experience.
Successful playoff experience. Especially compared to the egg Keenum laid in the playoffs.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry for hijacking your thread Foot, and to anyone else. At this point in life I just don't have the patience for idiocy, especially when that idiot calls you out for not following his particular brand of crazy.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming
No worries treff old buddy.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as good as the Vikings D was, and even as good as Keenum was, Minny fell short.
As a GM, you have to figure that you can't rest on your laurels when you're this close.

Foles to Minny might be a cheaper proposition.
Foles is only 28 (younger than both Bradford and Keenum) and now he has playoff experience.
Successful playoff experience. Especially compared to the egg Keenum laid in the playoffs.
u forgot teddy bridgewater Do they give up on him?:suds:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u forgot teddy bridgewater Do they give up on him?:suds:
Copied this from one of SP's threads:
Teddy could very well assume his job as the starting QB. However, as much as Teddy was making strides in his 2nd season, it's not like he was setting the world on fire. He started all 16 games and ranked 22nd in passing yards. 26th in TD passes.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copied this from one of SP's threads:
dont disagree but do the vikes think the same thing They have the cap space (50) to get cousins but will they:suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the rising costs of signing Cousins, starting to wonder if it wise for the Vikings to sign him. Many of the other teams mentioned clearly don't have the money needed. Do you think signing Cousin to a contract that averages 30 mil a year is wise for the Vikings? Maybe settle for Keenum and use the rest for additional bostering of the roster makes more sense?

Yes, I do.

Bad starting QBs cost 20 million. Settling for Keenum is not going to get them a Super Bowl. They have everything else they need and the cap space to get Cousins.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an FA too.

If you were Minny GM, would you bet the entire future on Teddy?

I sure wouldn't.
Isn't he in a similar boat with AJ McCarron? Due to his being on IR for so long, I think there's some controversy over whether his contract will toll one more year. Last I heard there's a grievrnce hearing on it some point soon

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't he in a similar boat with AJ McCarron? Due to his being on IR for so long, I think there's some controversy over whether his contract will toll one more year. Last I heard there's a grievrnce hearing on it some point soon
mccarron was out his 1st year so cincy says hes only been in 3 years which the nfl will decide on the 15th
bridge is ufa and i assume last year still counts even though he was on IR:suds:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mccarron was out his 1st year so cincy says hes only been in 3 years which the nfl will decide on the 15th
bridge is ufa and i assume last year still counts even though he was on IR:suds:
Vikings GM Rick Spielman admitted there remains uncertainty whether Teddy Bridgewater's contract will toll for 2018, which would reject him free agency this year.
All three of Bridgewater, Case Keenum, and Sam Bradford are currently scheduled to become free agents on March 14. However, since Bridgewater spent the first part of the season on reserve/PUP, there may be a hurdle for him to clear for free agency. In the CBA, it says a player in the final year of his deal will have his contract toll another year if he spends the first six games of said year on PUP. "Right now, he’s technically ready to become a free agent," Spielman said. "With the tolling, it’s not a Vikings [decision], that’s an NFL and player union [issue] that will have to decide that." It sounds like Spielman could push for tolling but blame it on the league if it happens. Feb 2 - 10:01 AM

I dunno...sounds like a toll situation

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings GM Rick Spielman admitted there remains uncertainty whether Teddy Bridgewater's contract will toll for 2018, which would reject him free agency this year.
All three of Bridgewater, Case Keenum, and Sam Bradford are currently scheduled to become free agents on March 14. However, since Bridgewater spent the first part of the season on reserve/PUP, there may be a hurdle for him to clear for free agency. In the CBA, it says a player in the final year of his deal will have his contract toll another year if he spends the first six games of said year on PUP. "Right now, he’s technically ready to become a free agent," Spielman said. "With the tolling, it’s not a Vikings [decision], that’s an NFL and player union [issue] that will have to decide that." It sounds like Spielman could push for tolling but blame it on the league if it happens. Feb 2 - 10:01 AM

I dunno...sounds like a toll situation
maybe they are waiting to see what happens with mccarron:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I do.

Bad starting QBs cost 20 million. Settling for Keenum is not going to get them a Super Bowl. They have everything else they need and the cap space to get Cousins.

IDK the Eagles did it with Foles, so would it be outside the realm of possibility to think the Vikings could do with Keenum? Is Cousin really that big of a up grade? Or was he benefiting from a system that worked for him? Would he or will he do as well in the Viking offensive system? IDK.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK the Eagles did it with Foles, so would it be outside the realm of possibility to think the Vikings could do with Keenum? Is Cousin really that big of a up grade? Or was he benefiting from a system that worked for him? Would he or will he do as well in the Viking offensive system? IDK.
But Keenum failed when they needed him most.
That's why I think they move on from him.
Playoff window for most teams isn't open that long and Minny has all the other pieces.

As for Cousins... yeah, I think he's that good.
Poor OC killed him last season and Cousins became the fall guy.
Pretty sure tlance chimes in about now...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Keenum failed when they needed him most.
That's why I think they move on from him.
Playoff window for most teams isn't open that long and Minny has all the other pieces.

As for Cousins... yeah, I think he's that good.
Poor OC killed him last season and Cousins became the fall guy.
Pretty sure tlance chimes in about now...

He failed but came close, with a improved roster thanks to all the cap space maybe.:noidea: Guess for me it comes down to Cousins is good but not outstanding IMO. He benefited from a system that worked for him, not sure that translates to other systems that are very different.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He benefited from a system that worked for him, not sure that translates to other systems that are very different.
Disagree.
How can you call Cousins a "system" QB when he's played in 2 different systems and has been top-10 in both?
Like I said, he's the fall guy. Washington has lost their mind.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe @broncosmitty legit thinks teddy b is very good, maybe he can shed some light on why vikes keep him over others
You want to know why Nick Foles shouldn't start for anyone but the Eagles when out of options?

Or why Teddy was the starter in Minny for two years after being drafted to start?

Rick Spielman is a moron with draft picks and QBs, he could trade for Jake Ruddock for all I know. Not sure what you're looking for me to post tbh.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike Kirk Cousins if that's the angle here.

Would be happy to see Minny give him a JimmyG deal or send some value if he signs a tag for some reason. I'd be happy, because I'm not a Vikings fan.

Also would be cool with a massive Bradford extension.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to know why Nick Foles shouldn't start for anyone but the Eagles when out of options?

Or why Teddy was the starter in Minny for two years after being drafted to start?

Rick Spielman is a moron with draft picks and QBs, he could trade for Jake Ruddock for all I know. Not sure what you're looking for me to post tbh.

why u think teddy is very good, we had that convo before