• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles what is his future in fanatys

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for your starting QB, who will have only half the season left on his contract and will have to come in midstream,learn your system, generate chemistry with the offense, the line, the receivers, everyone, on the fly... at the trade deadline? Naw, don't see it at all.
Not ideal for Foles, not ideal at all for the team trading for him, and about the only way for the Eagles to not properly capitalize on his value, other than just letting him walk at the end of the year

Jimmy G says, "Hold my beer."

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're drunk.

Kirk Cousins.
And apparently you're an idiot. IN a thread about Nick Foles, you assume someone is supposed to automatically know KC, the almost universal abbreviation for Kansas City, as Kirk Cousins...smh

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
System could be a factor. i.e. catering to Foles strengths.
But not every coach is Doug Peterson.
Some are stubborn and prideful.
Correction: Some Most are stubborn and prideful.
I'm sure there's a GM/coach that thinks they can mold Foles.
Mike Martz came to Chicago and made the Bears trade Greg Olsen because he wasn't needed in Martz's offense. That one still stings.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And apparently you're an idiot. IN a thread about Nick Foles, you assume someone is supposed to automatically know KC, the almost universal abbreviation for Kansas City, as Kirk Cousins...smh

Jimmy G says hi.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's OL isn't as bad was Washington's was. The Redskins were devastated by injuries to their OL and going with 3rd stringers and guys picked up off the street who hadn't been playing football....and KC still played pretty well.

The Redskins OL is/was pretty good when healthy.

I will be shocked if Cousins winds up in Denver. They have too many needs and not enough cap space.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins OL is/was pretty good when healthy.

I will be shocked if Cousins winds up in Denver. They have too many needs and not enough cap space.

I thought so also but since contracts aren't guaranteed, they can cut loose guys they don't need. And that's why I said IF they could do it.

The Washington OL was healthy for a short time, they were destroyed by injuries.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G says hi.
Mist sports news sites, blogs refer to Jimmy Graham as Jimmy Graham, and Jimmy Garrapolo as Jimmy G, nearly everyone knows who you mean who you say "Jimmy G". No one refers to Cousins as KC, 'cept you, cuz its Kansas City to everyone else.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so also but since contracts aren't guaranteed, they can cut loose guys they don't need. And that's why I said IF they could do it.

The Washington OL was healthy for a short time, they were destroyed by injuries.

My point is that Denver is not in a position to win if they shell out $30 million for Cousins, because it will hurt other areas of need to clear that much space.

Minnesota is in prime position.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mist sports news sites, blogs refer to Jimmy Graham as Jimmy Graham, and Jimmy Garrapolo as Jimmy G, nearly everyone knows who you mean who you say "Jimmy G". No one refers to Cousins as KC, 'cept you, cuz its Kansas City to everyone else.

And Jimmy G was acquired before the trade deadline....

LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that Denver is not in a position to win if they shell out $30 million for Cousins, because it will hurt other areas of need to clear that much space.

Minnesota is in prime position.

Sure, but that's not the Minnesota model of success to go after the flashy player and signing. They'll probably keep Keenum and draft a QB to be the future in a few seasons.....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry for hijacking your thread Foot, and to anyone else. At this point in life I just don't have the patience for idiocy, especially when that idiot calls you out for not following his particular brand of crazy.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but that's not the Minnesota model of success to go after the flashy player and signing. They'll probably keep Keenum and draft a QB to be the future in a few seasons.....

Cousins is not a "flashy" free agent. He is a franchise QB, and Minnesota has everything but that.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is not a "flashy" free agent. He is a franchise QB, and Minnesota has everything but that.

True, wrong wording....It would be a flashy signing.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"tlance, post: 11260282, member: 4114"]Not so sure.

He had a great run in the playoffs, but was waiver fodder in the real NFL before this year.

I think much of his success was due to Doug Peterson and the Eagles' system. If the play calling is great, he can succeed, but I would not count on it.

In other words, trading for him now in dynasty might be the worst idea ever. This is the ultimate sell high moment for Foles owners.[/QUOTE]
Yes, yes and yes.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is not "flashy" free agent. He is a franchise QB, and Minnesota has everything but that.
With the rising costs of signing Cousins, starting to wonder if it wise for the Vikings to sign him. Many of the other teams mentioned clearly don't have the money needed. Do you think signing Cousin to a contract that averages 30 mil a year is wise for the Vikings? Maybe settle for Keenum and use the rest for additional bostering of the roster makes more sense?