• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles what is his future in fanatys

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are some senarios for him. Does he stay a back up or does he get dealt

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't be on the Eagles roster beyond Feb 2019 or the balance of his contract is void. Expect him to be dealt before that. He will sign somewhere for 5 years 100M +. The bar is set.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No telling till they know if wentz is healthy:suds:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Foot, I see his fanatys future as being bright..............his fantasy value on the hand remains to be seen IMO........and I know you so who are you trying to trade fer him?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Foot, I see his fanatys future as being bright..............his fantasy value on the hand remains to be seen IMO........and I know you so who are you trying to trade fer him?

Not so sure.

He had a great run in the playoffs, but was waiver fodder in the real NFL before this year.

I think much of his success was due to Doug Peterson and the Eagles' system. If the play calling is great, he can succeed, but I would not count on it.

In other words, trading for him now in dynasty might be the worst idea ever. This is the ultimate sell high moment for Foles owners.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best guess he follows Reich to Indy.
Especially with Luck still "iffy."

Lots of teams are looking for a QB.
MIN, ARZ, DEN, BUF, CLE.
Add in the aging vets in NYG, PIT, NO, LAC... while these probably won't happen, you never know.
Not very many quality backups around either.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, a team is going to have to really overpay to get him. With Wentz no lock for week one, Philly would be very wise to hang onto their backup (they'd be wise regardless..nice to have that insurance all year). But, as Joe mentioned in the other thread, if teams come knocking with good value, they'd also be wise to take a hard look at it. Plus they may very well give him a shot as a "favor", a job well done reward. Thanks for winning us the super bowl, now go get that starters jib you think you deserve (so long as we load up on picks/young talent in the process)

Any team that needs a QB, and doesn't want to pay 30+ million would be wise to explore the deal. But my money would be in Cleveland, The jets, Denver, as the tops, teams in line to have a " QB of the future" draft pick, but would be good to have a bridge. None if which excite me fantasy wise..especially given Foles history of success in specific systems, but a bust otherwise

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a team is going to have to really overpay to get him.
QB is the one position you overpay for.
It's critical.
Let's say Cousins signs with the Vikings.
The next group of QB includes Tyrod Taylor, Bradford and Keenum.
Since more teams need a QB than don't, there's gonna be a bidding war.

Foles is not a UFA but if he's traded, he only counts $5.5 mill against the cap.
That's cheap.

That may be the trigger for a team in need of a QB.
Either overpay for Cousins, Taylor, Bradford or Keenum.
Or trade/deal for a cheaper Foles.
And oh, he was just voted MVP of the SB vs one of the best franchises in modern history.​

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, a team is going to have to really overpay to get him. With Wentz no lock for week one, Philly would be very wise to hang onto their backup (they'd be wise regardless..nice to have that insurance all year). But, as Joe mentioned in the other thread, if teams come knocking with good value, they'd also be wise to take a hard look at it. Plus they may very well give him a shot as a "favor", a job well done reward. Thanks for winning us the super bowl, now go get that starters jib you think you deserve (so long as we load up on picks/young talent in the process)

Any team that needs a QB, and doesn't want to pay 30+ million would be wise to explore the deal. But my money would be in Cleveland, The jets, Denver, as the tops, teams in line to have a " QB of the future" draft pick, but would be good to have a bridge. None if which excite me fantasy wise..especially given Foles history of success in specific systems, but a bust otherwise

Denver is going to do whatever necessary to get KC and that's his best fit IF they can do it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is the one position you overpay for.
It's critical.
Let's say Cousins signs with the Vikings.
The next group of QB includes Tyrod Taylor, Bradford and Keenum.
Since more teams need a QB than don't, there's gonna be a bidding war.

Foles is not a UFA but if he's traded, he only counts $5.5 mill against the cap.
That's cheap.

That may be the trigger for a team in need of a QB.
Either overpay for Cousins, Taylor, Bradford or Keenum.
Or trade/deal for a cheaper Foles.
And oh, he was just voted MVP of the SB.​
Right, its very cheap, thus the need to have to SERIOUSLY overpay Philly in a trade. They have zero reason to deal Foles, other than doing him a favor.
In terms of money remaining on his contract, he's cheap, in terms of prying him from Philly, not so much

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure.

He had a great run in the playoffs, but was waiver fodder in the real NFL before this year.

I think much of his success was due to Doug Peterson and the Eagles' system. If the play calling is great, he can succeed, but I would not count on it.

In other words, trading for him now in dynasty might be the worst idea ever. This is the ultimate sell high moment for Foles owners.

Whatever team tries to trade for him would have to cater their offense to him, asking what plays he likes and adding some RPO to their offense if they don't have it implemented already. That's why he was successful with the Eagles. Pederson adapted to his QB.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles would be crazy to trade Foles before the draft. I don't think we see a Foles move until camp starts, and they know what Wentz's timetable is.

Two reasons:
1) The Wentz injury. Foles could be needed until October to keep this team afloat until Wentz is ready to go.
2) Salary cap implications. Eagles get another $2 million in cap space if they move him after June 1. Again, some of that ties back to the health of Wentz. But also, with the Eagles already over the cap, that $2 million in savings could be just enough money to bring in a vet QB (most of the retreads have contracts in the $2 million range). So it behooves the Eagles to wait.

He could have some value at the beginning of the season, but trading for him now seems silly when we don't know where he'll be in September.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is going to do whatever necessary to get KC and that's his best fit IF they can do it.
yes, except their system, and online, in its current form is in no way a fit for what Foles can do well. But with Foles, unlike with Cousins, they'll be able to afford to go get the good guard and tackle combo they're severely lacking, then they can, if they were to be smart enough, mold the system to fit the QB. Its possible, but not just s simple as go get Foles

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, except their system, and online, in its current form is in no way a fit for what Foles can do well. But with Foles, unlike with Cousins, they'll be able to afford to go get the good guard and tackle combo they're severely lacking, then they can, if they were to be smart enough, mold the system to fit the QB. Its possible, but not just s simple as go get Foles

Denver's OL isn't as bad was Washington's was. The Redskins were devastated by injuries to their OL and going with 3rd stringers and guys picked up off the street who hadn't been playing football....and KC still played pretty well.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles might be traded but it won't be till before the season starts and they see where Wentz is at.......and then before or at the trade deadline IMO.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's OL isn't as bad was Washington's was. The Redskins were devastated by injuries to their OL and going with 3rd stringers and guys picked up off the street who hadn't been playing football....and KC still played pretty well.
What do Cousins and Alex Smiths success behind any o line, good or bad, have to do with what Foles can do behind a crap one in Denver (and yes it was crap, the only starting caliber linemen they have are Leary and the center, what's his name, Boles is a nice swing tackle type)? Not following any potential point you tried to make there

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume he starts the first month or so for the Eagles next year.

Worth owning if you have Wentz.

Prolly not worth owning if you don't. But as a backup in fantasy, it's not like it matters.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do Cousins and Alex Smiths success behind any o line, good or bad, have to do with what Foles can do behind a crap one in Denver (and yes it was crap, the only starting caliber linemen they have are Leary and the center, what's his name, Boles is a nice swing tackle type)? Not following any potential point you tried to make there

I didn't bring up Foles in Denver, you did.

I think Elway and Denver targets KC....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles might be traded but it won't be till before the season starts and they see where Wentz is at.......and then before or at the trade deadline IMO.
Trading for your starting QB, who will have only half the season left on his contract and will have to come in midstream,learn your system, generate chemistry with the offense, the line, the receivers, everyone, on the fly... at the trade deadline? Naw, don't see it at all.
Not ideal for Foles, not ideal at all for the team trading for him, and about the only way for the Eagles to not properly capitalize on his value, other than just letting him walk at the end of the year