• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Stadium Series - New York Rangers at New Jersey Devils 1/26/14

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But look at the crowd and the atmosphere! Who cares about the actual game?

OH MY GOD! Did you see that Cuba Gooding, Jr was wearing VERSACE?!?!?

I laughed at the Roenick / McEnroe awkward fest.

"What do you think of this?"
"Well, it's good for your sport, I guess."

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH MY GOD! Did you see that Cuba Gooding, Jr was wearing VERSACE?!?!?

I laughed at the Roenick / McEnroe awkward fest.

"What do you think of this?"
"Well, it's good for your sport, I guess."

You know, just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you should do it. I realize it's a nice money grab for the league and all and hey, gotta recoup those losses from a lockout that wasn't necessary either.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Marty, he of all people probably knows what bad ice is all about, I'm sure the Meadowlands had bad ice - he was probably trying to deflect blame from the defensemen and the forwards, because quite frankly, they were even worse, giving up breakaway after breakaway - hard for any goalie to be successful when you're under siege like that

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses, excuses. Don't see Hank complaining.

i liked deadspins headline

Martin Brodeur Blames The Ice For His Being Old And Bad

"At that point, I had a conversation with him and we both agreed and it was actually his comment that, 'How about you give Schneids the experience of a period in this environment,'" DeBoer said. "It wasn't working for him or our group the way it was and I give him credit for that. It made sense, too."

"I told Pete, I said, 'If you wanted to put in Schneids for the experience,'" Brodeur said.

Here, best goalie on our team. Have a token period when we're already down three

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i liked deadspins headline

Martin Brodeur Blames The Ice For His Being Old And Bad

"At that point, I had a conversation with him and we both agreed and it was actually his comment that, 'How about you give Schneids the experience of a period in this environment,'" DeBoer said. "It wasn't working for him or our group the way it was and I give him credit for that. It made sense, too."

"I told Pete, I said, 'If you wanted to put in Schneids for the experience,'" Brodeur said.

Here, best goalie on our team. Have a token period when we're already down three

He's such a baby.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Marty, he of all people probably knows what bad ice is all about, I'm sure the Meadowlands had bad ice - he was probably trying to deflect blame from the defensemen and the forwards, because quite frankly, they were even worse, giving up breakaway after breakaway - hard for any goalie to be successful when you're under siege like that

Can't fault the ice for his terrible defenders constant mistakes though. Ours made mistakes as well, don't see Hank crying. We got to Marty yesterday, plain and simple.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the reasons, Marty shouldn't be blaming others for his performance yesterday. It was inexcusable, and some of the goals he gave up had nothing to do with the ice or the way his teammates played. I'm not going to use yesterday's performance to say Marty is washed up or anything, but yesterday's loss to the Rangers was mostly on Marty.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you should do it. I realize it's a nice money grab for the league and all and hey, gotta recoup those losses from a lockout that wasn't necessary either.

I'm okay with it being an exhibition, but to make it a regular season points paying game when there are so many variables is kind of silly. To slow it all down with fireworks and bands and no-talent hacks over singing the anthem (who was that person in LA? Geez) makes it even worse.

Dammit, its a hockey game. Let them just play hockey.

I want to see a real pond hockey game. Snow bank boards, no locker rooms and the loser has to hose the ice for the next game.

Excuses, excuses. Don't see Hank complaining.

Well, not after the first period. He was a little flabbergasted after that third one went in.

Regardless of the reasons, Marty shouldn't be blaming others for his performance yesterday. It was inexcusable, and some of the goals he gave up had nothing to do with the ice or the way his teammates played. I'm not going to use yesterday's performance to say Marty is washed up or anything, but yesterday's loss to the Rangers was mostly on Marty.

Being a goalie I do have to wonder how disorienting the environment is. As much as we preach the 9 points and staying on line inside the rink, I have to imagine the puck was really damn hard ti pick up in flight, plus with as bad as it was bouncing that throws off your timing.

Now making excuses for him, but he's a goalie who has made a career out of positioning and timing. I can see reasons for him to struggle.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with it being an exhibition, but to make it a regular season points paying game when there are so many variables is kind of silly. To slow it all down with fireworks and bands and no-talent hacks over singing the anthem (who was that person in LA? Geez) makes it even worse.

Dammit, its a hockey game. Let them just play hockey.

I want to see a real pond hockey game. Snow bank boards, no locker rooms and the loser has to hose the ice for the next game.

Well, not after the first period. He was a little flabbergasted after that third one went in.

Being a goalie I do have to wonder how disorienting the environment is. As much as we preach the 9 points and staying on line inside the rink, I have to imagine the puck was really damn hard ti pick up in flight, plus with as bad as it was bouncing that throws off your timing.

Now making excuses for him, but he's a goalie who has made a career out of positioning and timing. I can see reasons for him to struggle.

I don't use yesterday's performance to say Marty is washed up or anything. He's one of the greatest if not the greatest goalies of all time. I'll bet it was tougher to find the puck yesterday, both goalies struggled early on, but Marty should've gotten better as the game went on like Hank did. However, instead of getting better, Marty looked worse as the game progressed. I just don't buy the excuse that it was bad ice. We look to the other side and see Lundqvist adjust. Why couldn't Marty?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, I guess I could see bad ice as an excuse early on but not as the game goes on. I felt Hank adjusted to the conditions, why couldn't Marty?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great experience, didn't even care about the game itself really. It was 2 big points, but who cares? Tough to be overly critical of anyone's play in that game. Crowd was great, everyone had a good time and there was no animosity at least in my section, really good time. The snow made it that much better.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great experience, didn't even care about the game itself really. It was 2 big points, but who cares? Tough to be overly critical of anyone's play in that game. Crowd was great, everyone had a good time and there was no animosity at least in my section, really good time. The snow made it that much better.

Glad you enjoyed the game :suds:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said. :suds: