• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This response to this response of this Tweet was gold...

30tib78.jpg

seems the whole arena issue was all about people taking sides ... you were on seattle times side (pro key Arena) or kjr radio (pro hansen sodo arena) ... whole lotta people got extremely and aggressively passionate to the point of ridiculousness

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you on arena location issues, but the NHL doesn't have much control over the location of the arena, no? Seems like the city council/government and the ownership group largely make that determination.
Well, I mean...

Calgary Flames and Gary Bettman turn up the heat on arena talks

PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News

Bettman: Coyotes cannot remain in Glendale - Article - TSN

New York Islanders Nassau Coliseum Bettman “Doesn’t Make Sense”

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The location of the Seattle arena isn't necessarily bad in terms of since it is perfectly in downtown, but with the accessibility of that location it might as well be in town.

I'm sure Leiweke isn't as big of a corrupt scum bag as he has been through the Seattle process. Maybe it's just part of doing business, and I am massively against their being remodel of the arena there. When the government stepped in and essentially illegally saved the Mariners and Seahawks I didn't care, so I can see both sides

correct me if Im wrong but isnt that part of downtown seattle having a renaissance(gentrification)? Condo towers being built? And isnt better rapid transit to seattle center part of the deal? ... close to the amazon campus?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This response to this response of this Tweet was gold...

30tib78.jpg

See though, the response tweet was ignorant as hell. The Seattle Times is partially to blame for there not already being an arena built with all of their false reporting, lying about studies and just factual errors they never apologized for. Geoff Baker was fake news before it became a catch phrase.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moj in the cesspool saying expansion to Seattle could be announced by the NHL as early as next week

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct me if Im wrong but isnt that part of downtown seattle having a renaissance(gentrification)? Condo towers being built? And isnt better rapid transit to seattle center part of the deal? ... close to the amazon campus?

Part A is true and has been since Amazon took over and the Gates Foundation moved in after the Sonics left, which took away 75% of parking for the Seattle Center. The other 25% of parking is now for residents and employees in the surrounding area. This is why the WHL moved out of Key Arena, why the Sounders were awarded a franchise under the condition they ended up in then Seahawks Stadium, why big name acts do not go to Key Arena. Why the Seattle Center is hemorrhaging money and is always at the forefront of issues for the City Council.

Part 2 is inaccurate. Light rail has been promised for 22 years into the Seattle Center. The rule tax that was imposed says Rail will reach there by 2042. The only other real way to get there is why I dislike Leiweke because he paid off the main opponent of where the arena should go to remodel their monorail which goes into the Seattle Center but can only transport around 2500 people an hour. In the agreement, the monorail gets a nice face lift but no passengers added or higher rate of delivering people.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt even realize Aquilini has an ownership interest in the Oak View Group ? i thought he attended the dog and pony show from a month back as a representative of the NHL :think:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Seattle being announced as the 32nd team seems like a formality at this point.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it means that Portland never gets a team then I am all for this.

comeds, I'm sure if you made appropriate restitution, all would be forgiven.

Portland OR Alerts‏ @pdxalerts
Portland-police responding to Whole Foods (NE Sandy)-report that a male entered store, drank an entire bottle of wine off shelf, then fled

Last edited:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
650 mil for an expansion fee.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of Americanos...

They will be re-locating most likely to Houston...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read shit in this thread, but as a life long Seattleite this is my feedback:

I think Seattle would be a great city for an NHL team. The MLS team we have got great support. Also, we are a city that loves an excuse to go to a sporting event and spend an excessive amount of money and get drunk. Mariners haven't made the playoffs in 16 or 17 years and the attendance is still very solid for a franchise as pathetic as ours. Half the people who go to Seahawks games don't know shit about football. I don't know shit about hockey, but I'd definitely get really into it if we had a team.

I stopped following the NBA after the Sonics left, but would probably be a huge Sonics fan if they were still here.

Given the proximity to Canada, I'm stunned we don't have a team already. If they came here, I'd immediately learn everything I could find about hockey.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of Americanos...

They will be re-locating most likely to Houston...

I think it's worth the investment. I believe Seattle would go nuts over a hockey franchise. They'd easily make up for that price in ticket sales and TV. Seattle would love a new sports franchise. All those Amazon nerds would go simply to show they're at a sporting event.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it comes to fruition, I hope it prospers in Seattle, I really do, I live on Vancouver Island so it's just a ferry ride directly to Seattle or to the mainland and then a drive down I-5. I have relatives in Auburn, so it makes for a relatively cheap overnight stay as well.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forbes franchise valuations have the Yotes at 300 million as the lowest NHL and the Rangers at 1.5 billion as the highest.

So what you're saying is an expansion franchise it at a minimum a 217% premium to the worst franchise? And about a 200% discount to the most expensive franchise? That's pretty much middle of the road, exactly what Seattle deserves. From a valuation standpoint, just the franchise price looks tempting. The only issue is the league will be in a lockout the season they are slated to enter it so there might be some issues there.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
650 mil for an expansion fee.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

That's the current value of a 50 year old Franchise with 5 cups, including the last two.

And more than 20 of the 31 teams already in existence. 7 of which have won cups as well.

TO START

Forbes' most valuable NHL franchises: Maple Leafs pass Canadiens, still chasing No. 1 Rangers

The fact that they found someone stupid enough to pay 500 mil to get in is astonishing. They really won't find someone to pay 150 mil more, will they?