• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 10-28-14

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Isles had multiple top 5 picks and they just kept on sucking. However, I do agree that comments about tanking and not spending money to make a team competitive are pretty rich coming from an Isles fan.

That's why I said 15 years rather than more recent - the era from 2000-2008 in particular. They made the playoffs 4 times but never won a series and were as stuck in neutral as it gets. And after drafting Rickety, the highest draft pick they had in that span was 7th overall (Okposo). Even afterward, they only had 2 top-4 picks (JT and Reinhart) and 3 5th's (one of which turned into Cal fucking Clutterbuck). For that much suffering, that's a pretty shitty return.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did and they actually drafted well but then they made a bunch of horrendous trades afterwards and it set them back forever

Strome and Brock Nelson are useful. The Nino trade is still the second dumbest thing that team's done in the past few years.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said 15 years rather than more recent - the era from 2000-2008 in particular. They made the playoffs 4 times but never won a series and were as stuck in neutral as it gets. And after drafting Rickety, the highest draft pick they had in that span was 7th overall (Okposo). Even afterward, they only had 2 top-4 picks (JT and Reinhart) and 3 5th's (one of which turned into Cal fucking Clutterbuck). For that much suffering, that's a pretty shitty return.

No argument here.

Having a top 5 pick in 8 out of the last 15 drafts is pretty remarkable shittiness though. To be able to squander that many assets is astounding. To do it without ANY semblance of postseason success (as you pointed out) is just horrible.