• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 1-13-15

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks beat the Coyotes 3-2

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gah. Pens got a goal back on the PP, so it's 3-1 now...but still. Pretty sure that's a 5 and possibly a 10.

Suter played just shy of 30 minutes last night. That will be a lot of ice time to distribute if he gets a game or two. I guess the question is, will it still be Yeo's job to dole out the minutes for Suter's replacement

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to remind me why the Ducks didn't even give Mathieu Perreault a qualifying offer while signing Dany Heatley - that was horrible

Anaheim's GM isn't very good - he traded for Kesler, after all.

Also, why Washington traded him for a fucking nobody is baffling too.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perreault missed a couple of great chances to award some Manitoba resident a million dollars in the Safeway Score and Win contest.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perreault missed a couple of great chances to award some Manitoba resident a million dollars in the Safeway Score and Win contest.

I wanted the Panthers to win(of course) but it was such a blowout at that point that I was hoping he would score the fifth goal just so that lady could win that cool million

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suter played just shy of 30 minutes last night. That will be a lot of ice time to distribute if he gets a game or two. I guess the question is, will it still be Yeo's job to dole out the minutes for Suter's replacement

He said postgame that he was "adjusting his stick position" and didn't intend to hit him, and that he's "not that kind of guy". Apparently he also told Sid after the second to tell Downie he's sorry. Suter has a fairly clean reputation, but...that video is damning. Not sure how it's anything but intentional. He has to reach pretty far out to catch Downie's head. The amount of people saying "poetic justice" is alarming, per usual. Downie's been scrappy (THIS YEAR) but hasn't had a horrible situation yet. He does have one boarding penalty that wasn't pretty in the least. Regardless, it's another case of star v. checkered player for the league. It's a phone hearing, so <5 games. I know you can't compare, like at all, but Matt Cooke's elbow to McDonough that was similar got him 10 games + 1 playoff round. That was strike three (or ten) on him, but still, I'd think 3-5 games is in order for a guy on strike one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said postgame that he was "adjusting his stick position" and didn't intend to hit him, and that he's "not that kind of guy". Apparently he also told Sid after the second to tell Downie he's sorry. Suter has a fairly clean reputation, but...that video is damning. Not sure how it's anything but intentional. He has to reach pretty far out to catch Downie's head. The amount of people saying "poetic justice" is alarming, per usual. Downie's been scrappy (THIS YEAR) but hasn't had a horrible situation yet. He does have one boarding penalty that wasn't pretty in the least. Regardless, it's another case of star v. checkered player for the league. It's a phone hearing, so <5 games. I know you can't compare, like at all, but Matt Cooke's elbow to McDonough that was similar got him 10 games + 1 playoff round. That was strike three (or ten) on him, but still, I'd think 3-5 games is in order for a guy on strike one.

I'd say he probably gets two games out of this since it's his first time

He's not that type of player, yet, but it was pretty clear that he was taking his frustration out on someone and he totally meant to do it - all the frustration that's built up and I think that's probably what happened - but it was blatant noneoftheless

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say he probably gets two games out of this since it's his first time

He's not that type of player, yet, but it was pretty clear that he was taking his frustration out on someone and he totally meant to do it - all the frustration that's built up and I think that's probably what happened - but it was blatant noneoftheless

Hang around Matt Cooke for another few months and watch what happens.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suter doesn't have a history of questionable hits, but that one last night was pretty obvious that Suter knew what he was doing, and who he was lining up. Downie is no saint, but no one deserves that. Much like Neal last season against Marchand. Marchand is a dirty little punk. Slashes and trips behind the play when no refs are looking, not to mention his penchant for diving, but he didn't deserve getting a knee in the side of the head, either.

I think 2-3 games are in order for Suter. I doubt he gets more than two, though.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I could buy he was trying to interfere with Downie going to the net, and flung his elbow out since that is really all he had that could have impeded Downie in any way. That being said, it's still egregious, and he deserves a few games.

Another check in the 'outlaw hard capped elbow pads' column as well.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I could buy he was trying to interfere with Downie going to the net, and flung his elbow out since that is really all he had that could have impeded Downie in any way. That being said, it's still egregious, and he deserves a few games.

Another check in the 'outlaw hard capped elbow pads' column as well.

Amen to that.