• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Draft Combine Live Blog

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can be found here

Seguin says it's exhausting, but fun :)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Karil Kabanov is making quite an impression today. Maybe juliansteed can give us a little more info on this Moncton Wildcat.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and just in case anybody's curious...

Taylor Hall is not taking fitness tests today, he has a knee and back injury.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Karil Kabanov is making quite an impression today. Maybe juliansteed can give us a little more info on this Moncton Wildcat.

Sure. I only saw him once or twice this year because his season was a shortened one. He seems to have all the skills and at one point was being called "the next Ovechkin" and it was believed he could challenge Hall for #1 overall. The question about him has been his attitude.

The team that held his KHL rights disputed his move to Canada so that set him back. Then he finally got that settled and it wasn't long before he got injured. While he was injured Moncton loaded up with some talented 19 year old forwards. By the time he came back he was demoted to 3rd line duties which didn't sit well with him. He had a falling out with his Wildcat teammates and only played in their first playoff game, thus missing their Memorial Cup run. He returned to Russia to play for them at the under 18 World Championships but was soon cut as the Russian coach didn't like his attitude either.

Last I heard his draft status dropped from being a probably Top 5 pick to out of the 1st round completely. Sounds like that is likely to change if he continues to impress at the combine both on and off the ice. I believe his agent is JP Barry, who has no lack of experience dealing with star players. Hopefully for KK's sake Barry has managed to talk some sense into this kid. He has too much talent for someone not to take a chance on him. He's still only 17 and no doubt will mature.

Last edited by a moderator: