• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL should look at this policy

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hard to be too mad at him

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is at long last......overdue, and unfortunately not likely to happen in prior to the 2021 season if there's going to be one. For now, we are just going to have to live with knowing that , like a lot of these general public/NFL issues, you can indeed fool some of the people, all of the time.
(Unless I'm invited or there's something else that I should respond to here, this is my last post on this topic because of the previouly voted upon and agreed to prohibition on politics)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...it has nothing to do with getting high.

my wife doesnt smoke however pot helps with her eplilepsy and she cant take pain meds (most ) so THC is a treatment

now i am not saying trent is as pure as the driven snow ok but he isnt wrong about the pain aspect

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my wife doesnt smoke however pot helps with her eplilepsy and she cant take pain meds (most ) so THC is a treatment

now i am not saying trent is as pure as the driven snow ok but he isnt wrong about the pain aspect

No he is not. But I am pretty sure he token before the NFL.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

It should still be up to the NFL.

I would prefer they did not allow it because they are role models because of what they do for a living.

Ehh. You think these guys dont go out drinking or doing stupid shit all the time? Im sure they do. Theyre young and rich.

What would making weed legal do? Some of them smoke now. Oh well. Thats not really a big deal. Not being a bad role model.

Not to mention I dont think you should ever expect anybody else to be a role model for kids on their own. Famous people dont owe that to anybody.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

It should still be up to the NFL.

I would prefer they did not allow it because they are role models because of what they do for a living.

And there is the larger problem. They are not role models nor should they be. They, for the most part, are young men just out of college. Parents need to better influence their young to real role models. Weed is a much lesser issue, IMO.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh. You think these guys dont go out drinking or doing stupid shit all the time? Im sure they do. Theyre young and rich.

What would making weed legal do? Some of them smoke now. Oh well. Thats not really a big deal. Not being a bad role model.

Not to mention I dont think you should ever expect anybody else to be a role model for kids on their own. Famous people dont owe that to anybody.

And there is the larger problem. They are not role models nor should they be. They, for the most part, are young men just out of college. Parents need to better influence their young to real role models. Weed is a much lesser issue, IMO.

I don't expect them to be role models and we don't choose the role models for our children.

They are role models strictly by their profession, not their character.

They get paid to play a game children have been playing for years for fun. Like it or not, they are role models.

Again, the NFL is free to make the rules. They make the rules because they pay the players. The NFL is in business to make money. Piss off the people, the people no longer allow their children to watch the game or support the merchandising, and it costs the league money.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect them to be role models and we don't choose the role models for our children.

They get paid to play a game children have been playing for years for fun. Like it or not, they are role models.

Again, the NFL is free to make the rules. They make the rules because they pay the players. The NFL is in business to make money. Piss off the people, the people no longer allow their children to watch the game or support the merchandising, and it costs the league money.
I respectfully disagree. I sure influenced who my kid's role models are. Athletes, by profession, were no where near the top of the list.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course they're free to make the rules. Doesnt mean it isnt a dumb rule.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they're free to make the rules. Doesnt mean it isnt a dumb rule.

Doesn't mean that is strictly your opinion.

The players are free to find another profession that allows marijuana use.

Lastly, it is a business decision. Players being able to smoke weed does not come into the business model.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. I sure influenced who my kid's role models are. Athletes, by profession, were no where near the top of the list.

There are many parents out there that don't give a damn. No matter how good you are as a parent, children will look to those in the public eye. It is the nature of people.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean that is strictly your opinion.

The players are free to find another profession that allows marijuana use.

Lastly, it is a business decision. Players being able to smoke weed does not come into the business model.

Again. That doesn't mean it isn't a bad rule.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if it costs the NFL money, yes it is a bad idea to allow marijuana.

Im not sure that should be the only barometer.

Also not sure that policy would cost them money.