• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL LIVE TOP 5 OFFENSES

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we willing to gamble our good QB in this system for under a 50% chance we will see a solid QB in return? Oh wait, KC is better than solid. Are we willing to gamble our good QB for about a 30% chance of an arguably better QB, because the only QB I can't argue KC is better than is Rodgers from your list?

Me...I would sign KC because there is about a 4% chance we will draft a guy that is elite, like Rodgers.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we willing to gamble our good QB in this system for under a 50% chance we will see a solid QB in return? Oh wait, KC is better than solid. Are we willing to gamble our good QB for about a 30% chance of an arguably better QB, because the only QB I can't argue KC is better than is Rodgers from your list?

Me...I would sign KC because there is about a 4% chance we will draft a guy that is elite, like Rodgers.

I would add Newton to the Elite list, because he is capable of carrying the team.

But, he fits what we actually want to do around here about as well as Paula Dean in a Mrs America Contest.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Newton to the Elite list, because he is capable of carrying the team.

But, he fits what we actually want to do around here about as well as Paula Dean in a Mrs America Contest.

I would have considered Newton up there until last season. He didn't carry them at all and was horrid last season. As a matter of fact, without a dominant defense, he appears less than KC.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have considered Newton up there until last season. He didn't carry them at all and was horrid last season. As a matter of fact, without a dominant defense, he appears less than KC.

#1 overall pick, he has commercials, a nick name, and a signature move

Elite. :trash:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because QBs are not easily replaced. The last time 4 QBs were taken in round 1, 2012.

Luck- highly overrated
RG3- not even in the league currently
Tannehill- starter but has done very little to justify still being one
Weeden- back up

So what makes you think any high QB can be as successful as KC?

I wish people would stop making general statements as if they covered everything. They don't!

QB's are easilly replaced, not necessarily by good ones. In this case, we would be replacing a slightly above average QB (pretty good one) who fits this system with a slightly above average QB who also fits this system.

Sure it would be great to get a better one than Kirk, but kirk himself has proven that you need not be great to succeed in this system. I honestly don't see how anyone can't get that, unless, they're blinding themselves with meaningless crap about having the best that we've had in a long time.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say anything like that.

Though there's no way kirk is the 2nd best qb on that list but that's a whole other argument.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't fit what our offense looks like right now but if we traded kirk for cam straight up right now and gruden couldn't make it work than that's on gruden. Good god that offense could be scary. Though it'd be more fun with DJAX still. THAT would've been something.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say anything like that.

Though there's no way kirk is the 2nd best qb on that list but that's a whole other argument.

I could definitely argue it. People would be quick to dismiss because of last season for Matt Ryan; however, there were people saying ATL may need to move on before their SB run.

Like I said, the only one I can't really argue is Rodgers, but I do think KC is rated higher since mid 2015.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't fit what our offense looks like right now but if we traded kirk for cam straight up right now and gruden couldn't make it work than that's on gruden. Good god that offense could be scary. Though it'd be more fun with DJAX still. THAT would've been something.

KC is a much better passer. Where was Cam last season?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely argue it. People would be quick to dismiss because of last season for Matt Ryan; however, there were people saying ATL may need to move on before their SB run.

Like I said, the only one I can't really argue is Rodgers, but I do think KC is rated higher since mid 2015.

I mean you can argue it you'll just be very wrong.

Ryan isn't actually who I was thinking of but that's a good one. How does people doubting him mean shit? People doubt kirk all the time. People doubt everybody. When kirk wins an mvp and takes his #1 scoring offense to the super bowl maybe he'll have a case over ryan.

But I'd swap Kirk for Rodgers, Cam, Luck, and Mariota in a heart beat too. If you wouldn't you're probably just being a homer.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is a much better passer. Where was Cam last season?

I don't buy that. He was down in Carolina throwing to Ted ginn behind a crap oline while banged up, why do you ask?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slightly disagree. For all the talent we have, our WR group has and still is built on timing. Cams game is built on backyard heroics and broken plays. I dont think Carolina lacks WR talent, I think the WRs dont really fit the QBs style of play. So yea, it would be fun to watch to some degree, but I prefer my QBs with a quick release and without the superman complex.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly disagree. For all the talent we have, our WR group has and still is built on timing. Cams game is built on backyard heroics and broken plays. I dont think Carolina lacks WR talent, I think the WRs dont really fit the QBs style of play. So yea, it would be fun to watch to some degree, but I prefer my QBs with a quick release and without the superman complex.

To think Cam cant make timing throws is ridiculous. To think his wide receivers are good is even moreso.

Just because hes a mobile QB with a strong arm who makes some jaw dropping downfield throws doesnt mean hes a backyard QB. And even if he were who cares. Aaron Rodgers is much more backyard QB than Cam but I think Gruden could make an offense with Rodgers work just fine. If Gruden cant run a succesful offense with Cam as his QB that says a lot more about Gruden than it does Cam.

Benjamin and Ginn are not good. They both have an incredible case of the dropsies and neither can create seperation aside from Ginn just running as fast as he can downfield. Olsen is very good, but thats all hes got.

It wouldnt just be fun. Itd be downright awesome as an offense. Youre right though I couldnt handle Cam celebrating when he scores so we wouldnt want him. Celebrating is bad.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you can argue it you'll just be very wrong.

Ryan isn't actually who I was thinking of but that's a good one. How does people doubting him mean shit? People doubt kirk all the time. People doubt everybody. When kirk wins an mvp and takes his #1 scoring offense to the super bowl maybe he'll have a case over ryan.

But I'd swap Kirk for Rodgers, Cam, Luck, and Mariota in a heart beat too. If you wouldn't you're probably just being a homer.

Why? Give a good reason you would take Luck,Cam, or Mariota especially in this offense. I mean really back it up.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that. He was down in Carolina throwing to Ted ginn behind a crap oline while banged up, why do you ask?

But if he is as great as you think, why didn't he carry them? What was different on their offense last season?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Give a good reason you would take Luck,Cam, or Mariota especially in this offense. I mean really back it up.

I think for all of them, they simply provide more. Cam and Luck have better arms and are capable of making more throws. Mariota and Cam both provide more in the running game and help to open that up. Cam's won an MVP. He and Luck have both proven to be able to play at very high levels. All 3 have done this with supporting casts of varying levels of inferiority to Kirks. Luck has solid weapons, but an awful Oline. Cam has awful everything. Mariota was aided by a threatening running game but lacks much at WR. Mariota I think you could argue has yet to play at Kirk's level (Id disagree, but I wont call you crazy) but as a 23 year old with a 6.6 million dollar cap hit Id certainly take him over Kirk.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for all of them, they simply provide more. Cam and Luck have better arms and are capable of making more throws. Mariota and Cam both provide more in the running game and help to open that up. Cam's won an MVP. He and Luck have both proven to be able to play at very high levels. All 3 have done this with supporting casts of varying levels of inferiority to Kirks. Luck has solid weapons, but an awful Oline. Cam has awful everything. Mariota was aided by a threatening running game but lacks much at WR. Mariota I think you could argue has yet to play at Kirk's level (Id disagree, but I wont call you crazy) but as a 23 year old with a 6.6 million dollar cap hit Id certainly take him over Kirk.

How good were PG, DJ, and Jordan Reed before KC took over this offense? This offense is predicated on timing and accuracy, two things those 3 QBs are not known for. You can take their arm strength but I will take accuracy.

Luck just had his best season in some aspects. He completed a career best 63% of his passes and had his best TD/NOT ratio. He continues to take sack after sack because he refuses get the ball out on time. He thinks he can keep plays alive with his legs and he does; at the cost of his 2015 season and he is currently injured as well.

Cam had a tremendous 2015. Cam had a tremendously poor 2016. He had pretty much the same team. He is an electric player but not a great QB. He doesn't even complete 60% of his passes.

Marriota is interesting because I do think he can be the best of all of them. The problem is he can't stay healthy.

These guys do not improve the players around him. They hurt their offensive lines. They do not fit this offense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see taking Mariota. In his limited time he has performed well. For two years you would be ahead but if he performs at the same level or higher than Cousins in two years his contract would probably be higher than $24 million based on increases in salary cap etc.