• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Films' Greg Cosell5

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Films' Greg Cosell said USC DL Leonard Williams is not great in space and gets moved by double teams.

"I'm not blown away by Leonard Williams," Cosell said. He added that Williams isn't an explosive player. Instead, according to Cosell, Williams plays high and isn't a natural pass rusher. "I think he's a flash player," Cosell said. "I don't see him as a purely explosive player the way you think of Gerald McCoy coming out of Oklahoma or Sheldon Richardson coming out of Missouri." The analyst added that Williams isn't a bad player, but is not a "Hall of Famer."

Nebraska edge rusher Randy Gregory is a better prospect than 2014 No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney, according to NFL Films' Greg Cosell.

"He's a better athlete than Clowney. He's more flexible. He's more explosive in his movement," Cosell said. "Clearly, not as strong. Clowney could get inside and push back, but Clowney did not have the loose hips that this guy does. Gregory's a much more explosive mover, a much looser athlete." After what happened over the course of Clowney's injury-wrecked rookie campaign in Houston, it's easy to forget that some believed he was one of the most talented defenders to ever enter the league. Cosell, who calls Gregory a "definite" top-10 pick, clearly believes the Nebraska product is in the same league. We love Gregory's skills -- Josh Norris ranks him as the top disruptor in this class -- but his issues in keeping on weight are a bit alarming. The spindly 6-foot-5, 235-pounder dropped to 218 pounds just after the college season ended. Gregory said it's easy for him to gain and lose weight, but he must prove it at the next level by staying around 250.

Lets hope this guy is right so Williams will fall to us at #5. Pretty bold statements from this guy.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao i was thinking the exact same thing. please let more bad reports come out on williams!! let him fall to 5!
its funny how he mentioned clowney's injury but doesn't mention gregory's injuries.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt he drops to us and if cosell is right we will be getting a "solid " d/lineman and he wont meet expectations

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sold on Williams, and I do like Randy Gregory as well. I know some are concerned about Gregory's weight, but Jason Taylor was bean pole coming out of college...

Jason Taylor = Randy Gregory IMO football players!