• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft Thread

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Fins made the most of their picks. One of the players that I think was undervalued in this draft is CB C. Tankersley. This guy was the best CB on the best team in college football. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do at the next level.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that the Fins undrafted FA were pretty good. May find a diamond in there good news!

Parker is healthy looking good so far.

Fins planning on playing Harris with Wake should be fun to watch. Makes sense as the other guys are good run stoppers.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that the Fins undrafted FA were pretty good. May find a diamond in there good news!

Parker is healthy looking good so far.

Fins planning on playing Harris with Wake should be fun to watch. Makes sense as the other guys are good run stoppers.

I am looking forward to watching Wake and Harris. In passing situations when both of those guys are on the field they will be tough to deal with. In running situations the Fins will have more options now.

RE the UFAs for the Fins: There is some talent there. One of the players to watch is Safety Maurice Smith. The Fins didn't add a Safety so he has a better chance of making the roster than some of the other guys.

I think the Fins have one of the best WR groups in football. Parker is due for a good year. He has shown glimpses of impact. When healthy he'll cause matchups problems for opposing defenses.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to watching Wake and Harris. In passing situations when both of those guys are on the field they will be tough to deal with. In running situations the Fins will have more options now.

RE the UFAs for the Fins: There is some talent there. One of the players to watch is Safety Maurice Smith. The Fins didn't add a Safety so he has a better chance of making the roster than some of the other guys.

I think the Fins have one of the best WR groups in football. Parker is due for a good year. He has shown glimpses of impact. When healthy he'll cause matchups problems for opposing defenses.
Apparently that stringfellow WR is pretty good too but how many WR can they have! They may not have the best WR but they definitely have the deepest.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently that stringfellow WR is pretty good too but how many WR can they have! They may not have the best WR but they definitely have the deepest.

The Fins must not have liked what the got from the #4 WR spot in terms of production. I think that the Fins may have 2 to 3 WR spots up for grabs. Stills, Landry, & Parker are certain starters, however Carroo didn't make many plays last year. R Scott actually worked his way into a spot. Grant is a work in progress but he can be a dynamic returner in the kicking game. I think Grant still keeps a spot because of that and if he shows more on offense he also has a chance to earn more snaps. That still leaves 2 spots available because the Fins could keep 6 WRs again this year.

I think Isaiah Ford has the best chance of winning the #4 WR spot unless Carroo takes his game to another level. Ford is an example of how the Fins are drafting based upon production rather than potential. Ford finds a way to get open and make plays. He is savvy as a route runner with good hands and underrated athleticism.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of our beat writers have talked about how the intent of this particular draft being more about the future(1-2 seasons from now) before these guys make a real impact - more so as a cautionary approach so that fans allow these guys to be groomed and grow into their roles on the team - that is the right idea as they are not really a threat to the guys we have in place at their positions. That being said, I personally believe these guys will play a significant role on the team this coming season at some point or another - things happen and guys are called on to step in.

I hope that this fan base doesn't take the fact that the team doesn't expect immediate contributions from this group as if these guys aren't good enough - instead, it just means that the organization is looking to win now and they feel they can do so with what they have in place now, while having these guys they drafted to groom for down the line - its only going to make them better to learn from the veterans in this winning environment that we built this past season.

So, my message to you is, if not enough or any of these guys don't win starting jobs coming out of camp/going into the season, don't come on here with the usual negative SportsHoopla you bring when things don't go our way - know the situation.

IMO, Asiata, Tankersley and Raekwon will be the top guys to make the most immediate impact(this season at some point) the rest will come along at their pace.

As we get closer to the season and have a set group of guys we will head into pre-season/OTA's with, I will give thoughts on some of the undrafted guys on the roster I expect to make contributions this season

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of our beat writers have talked about how the intent of this particular draft being more about the future(1-2 seasons from now) before these guys make a real impact - more so as a cautionary approach so that fans allow these guys to be groomed and grow into their roles on the team - that is the right idea as they are not really a threat to the guys we have in place at their positions. That being said, I personally believe these guys will play a significant role on the team this coming season at some point or another - things happen and guys are called on to step in.

I hope that this fan base doesn't take the fact that the team doesn't expect immediate contributions from this group as if these guys aren't good enough - instead, it just means that the organization is looking to win now and they feel they can do so with what they have in place now, while having these guys they drafted to groom for down the line - its only going to make them better to learn from the veterans in this winning environment that we built this past season.

So, my message to you is, if not enough or any of these guys don't win starting jobs coming out of camp/going into the season, don't come on here with the usual negative SportsHoopla you bring when things don't go our way - know the situation.

IMO, Asiata, Tankersley and Raekwon will be the top guys to make the most immediate impact(this season at some point) the rest will come along at their pace.

As we get closer to the season and have a set group of guys we will head into pre-season/OTA's with, I will give thoughts on some of the undrafted guys on the roster I expect to make contributions this season
I agree and no one should discount the fact that whether a rookie makes the starting lineup or not the depth has been improved. Depth is key as we found out last season with all of the injuries. I still see a lot of these players contributing significantly. Even if Harris comes off the bench in passrush situations and helps get the D off the field it would be huge this season!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to see is improvements by the different units. That is what matters. As a group will they stop the run better? I think they can but the NFL is a prove it league.

I am even more certain that they will get to the QB better with Harris added at DE. Phillips will need to step up or he will be watching Godchaux and Taylor more often while he is on the sideline. Both Godchaux & Taylor have pass rushing potential at DT.

There is more depth now at CB. At safety the Fins will have one of the top players in the league back now that R Jones is healthy.

On offense the Fins have more depth on the Oline. At QB THill keeps getting better. Last year he took a step up under Gase. As long as he is healthy then the offense should keep getting better. I think the Fins will get more out of the WR & TE positions. The RBs were already good last year. Ajayi is one of the top backs in the NFL. Williams is a playmaker & K Drake could take a step up this year. He is capable of making explosive plays with his speed and pass catching ability.

I think the Special Teams unit could keep getting better. Grant has been working on his reliability. He has a lot of talent. Taylor could become a special teams ace. I think that will help him to make the roster.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to see is improvements by the different units. That is what matters. As a group will they stop the run better? I think they can but the NFL is a prove it league.

I am even more certain that they will get to the QB better with Harris added at DE. Phillips will need to step up or he will be watching Godchaux and Taylor more often while he is on the sideline. Both Godchaux & Taylor have pass rushing potential at DT.

There is more depth now at CB. At safety the Fins will have one of the top players in the league back now that R Jones is healthy.

On offense the Fins have more depth on the Oline. At QB THill keeps getting better. Last year he took a step up under Gase. As long as he is healthy then the offense should keep getting better. I think the Fins will get more out of the WR & TE positions. The RBs were already good last year. Ajayi is one of the top backs in the NFL. Williams is a playmaker & K Drake could take a step up this year. He is capable of making explosive plays with his speed and pass catching ability.

I think the Special Teams unit could keep getting better. Grant has been working on his reliability. He has a lot of talent. Taylor could become a special teams ace. I think that will help him to make the roster.
I give this post my stamp of approval. Simply having a year under Gases belt will help everyone on the team. Younger guys having more experience too. Will be fun to watch.

So far in camp no injuries drugs and Tanny appears fine looking good.