• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft Thread

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are at pick 10 and 3 WRs & 2 QBs have been chosen already. It seems likely the Fins will have some good choices at 22 for a defensive player.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still early, but the fins should have a wealth of choices to choose from should they stay in their current spot to select a player given how things are going thus far

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins just chose DE Charles Harris. The pick came in quick. The Fins must be excited to pick him.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll be rooting for him, but he seems too much like a one-trick pony. We have a hard of enough time stopping the run already.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll be rooting for him, but he seems too much like a one-trick pony. We have a hard of enough time stopping the run already.
Maybe they are thinking that with the amount of nickel being played a third LB isn't as important as a passrusher. Hayes and Branch will be run stuffing DE and Wake and Harris on passing downs. They also said that Harris can stand up and cover RB's and TE's on occasion which adds flexibility. He must be talented as they turned down two trade offers. They could have replicated my mock traded back and had lots of options including foster but I'm guessing too much risk in the first for them they needed a player now.

Could be LB, OG or DT in the second. Will be interesting. Can't wait!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more that I watch highlights of C Harris the more that he reminds me of V Miller. Harris in a word is driven to succeed. His drive reminds me of Wake. I like this addition to the team.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the guys that are still available Zach Cunningham is the guy that I would like to see the Fins add the most. He is a run stuffing tacking machine. Perhaps this is the year that Misi stays healthy but he seems to not be available at times when the team needs him most. Cunningham is a difference maker with a bright future. I would trade up for this player if the right trade offer is available. A lot of teams are looking to trade back.

Another option is best available OG. Forrest Lamp & Dan Feeney are still available.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying such is the case here, but elsewhere on social media , I get the feeling that any negativity aimed at this pick , as per usual, is simply because they may be clueless as to who this guy is.

Most every one had a first-round grade on Harris , and probably would've gone higher had teams not reached(in my opinion) for some early QBS like Mahomes, Watson.

Sure, the guy has weak spots in his game, but than again, what player doesn't?

The pick fills a need and do so with a quality player - and person, I should add - That may not be as important to many other people but it is for me.

Again, given some first round reaches, the Fins should have a plethora of quality players to choose from and fill needs on day 2/round 2

For what its worth. Curtis Samuel , RB out of OSU is the current projection for round 2 for the Fins - it doesn't fill an immediate need , per se - but it adds potential fire power to the offense -- Having a offensive minded HC, and the strides the offense made under Gase, you couldnt be mad at the pick.

For the Fins to be in the running for one of the next tier of OTs, they would probably have to figure out some magic to trade up. If they do that, they will have their choice of elite OTs

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
97. Miami Dolphins: Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado

This would be our projected pick, again, via CBS sports.

He has been flying under the radar and has come on in recent times at the position as a very solid player. A guy that could very easily succeed on ST and provide quality depth to our secondary.

Trey Hendrickson is a guy I would like for us to pick in the 3rd maybe - if teams have been doing their homework on this kid, he should actually be picked up in the second round

Teez Tabor, CB, Florida along with Forrest Lamp, Cam Robinson, Zach Cunnighman, Chris Wormley, Alex Anzalone, Dan Feeney, are a few of the names I wouldn't be mad at if the Fins selected today.

This will again leave some quality players available to choose from on the final day of the draft.

As always, there could be trades that occur before day 2 gets going that will shake things up , and of course when the picks start coming in - so lets stay tuned until , Green Bay, tentatively speaking, is put on the clock.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more that I watch highlights of C Harris the more that he reminds me of V Miller. Harris in a word is driven to succeed. His drive reminds me of Wake. I like this addition to the team.
If he's anything close to Miller I'd be ecstatic! Would be cool if he could be that mobile to play OLB in some sub groups or DE in nickel. If run D isn't his thing they'll need to protect him at first. I was scared to take Foster as this team can't handle a dud like Jordan again this year.

Lots of nice picks in the 2nd round should be able to find a good player that fills a need...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris has a speed move, spin move, and occasional bull rush when the OT is off balance. He has excellent determination to succeed. I think he can develop his game to play the run better.

RE Foster: His medicals didn't look so good. He may need a 2nd rotator cuff surgery. When will top recruits start to figure out that Bama usually runs their health into the ground which can shorten their NFL careers? Other college teams might not have top players in every position but they use their depth better.

The 2nd round will be interesting. This is a deep draft with a lot of uncertainty.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I expected, the fins miss out on Lamp not having moved up in draft second round

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tabor off the board now - another desired fins pick missed out on

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaeKwon from OSU - I would say thats a solid pick for the Fins after missing out on a few that got picked earlier - another need addressed. OL will probably come now for them

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could swing a trade to get into late 2nd or early 3rd to get Feeney, that would be awsome

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next pick in the third round is a compensatory pick for fins - unless they trade for one in this round -- who would you like to see the fins select there? they've covered needs well so far

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next pick in the third round is a compensatory pick for fins - unless they trade for one in this round -- who would you like to see the fins select there? they've covered needs well so far

OG Isaac Asiata

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another solid pick for Fins. Tankersley was another wanted target for them and they got great value for it here.

A good first 2 days for the fins. a lot more work to do, but they've really done work in the front end of the draft