• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WRs in this draft aren't worthy of a top 10 pick. The OL is another story. Williams, the OT from Texas will probably go top 5. Notre Dame's OT McGlinchey will probably go 10-15. ND's OG Quenton Nelson is being compared to the Skins' Pro Bowl OG Sherf, so he'll be going somewhere in the teens as well. Ohio State has a center that looks like he'll go early-mid second.

No I wouldn't be against getting OL help either if they could trade back a few spots get Barkley and then either have another 1st and move up to get Nelson or McGlinchey it would probably be a great start to the draft.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it was bad luck but I had a chance to watch a bit of Barkley before the game was suspended - I wasn't too impressed. In a strange sense, he kinda reminded me of Barry Sanders...a guy who would look for an 80 yd TD run, but at the expense of taking several carries for losses. Difference of course, is Sanders did his explosive carries in the NFL.

Still...seems most scouts are touting this guy hard.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft order is still very much in flux.

1. Browns have the first overall pick pretty much locked up.
2. Giants are at 2nd, play the Eagles, Cardinals and Skins. They could beat either AZ or Washington.
3. Colts are at 3rd and play Denver, @Bmore, Houston. They could beat either Denver or Houston.
4. Niners

5, 6, 7, and 8 are all teams at 4-9, just 1 win more than the Niners. While it’s nice to see the Niners put a competent-looking football team on the field, one more win could drop us from choosing 3rd/4th to picking 7th or 8th.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it was bad luck but I had a chance to watch a bit of Barkley before the game was suspended - I wasn't too impressed. In a strange sense, he kinda reminded me of Barry Sanders...a guy who would look for an 80 yd TD run, but at the expense of taking several carries for losses. Difference of course, is Sanders did his explosive carries in the NFL.

Still...seems most scouts are touting this guy hard.

I would be surprised if Shanhan/Lynch drafted him. From what I've read it doesn't fit Shanahan's MO. Maybe if Bobby Turner lobbies hard for him. It seems Shanahan listens to Bobby Turner when it comes to running backs.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if Shanhan/Lynch drafted him. From what I've read it doesn't fit Shanahan's MO. Maybe if Bobby Turner lobbies hard for him. It seems Shanahan listens to Bobby Turner when it comes to running backs.

I would lean towards concentrating on beefing up the line before getting backs. Yeah...you hear how you can get both positions later in the draft, but I read earlier that the team might not be so high on T. Brown.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft order is still very much in flux.

1. Browns have the first overall pick pretty much locked up.
2. Giants are at 2nd, play the Eagles, Cardinals and Skins. They could beat either AZ or Washington.
3. Colts are at 3rd and play Denver, @Bmore, Houston. They could beat either Denver or Houston.
4. Niners

5, 6, 7, and 8 are all teams at 4-9, just 1 win more than the Niners. While it’s nice to see the Niners put a competent-looking football team on the field, one more win could drop us from choosing 3rd/4th to picking 7th or 8th.

The 49ers lost to the Colts so I think the 49ers are third but I could be wrong.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head to head does not play in draft order. Tie breaker is strength of schedule.

Yup. As of now, the Niners pick 3rd and the Colts pick 4th based on SOS - Niners SOS is .485 whereas the Colts are .515.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would lean towards concentrating on beefing up the line before getting backs. Yeah...you hear how you can get both positions later in the draft, but I read earlier that the team might not be so high on T. Brown.

I think the oline is a high priority this offseason. I didn't know that about T. Brown. But one of the beat guys did say that the team was disappointed that he didn't play last weekend. I can't imagine they wouldn't stick with him after this season. They need to make changes in the interior as it is.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the oline is a high priority this offseason. I didn't know that about T. Brown. But one of the beat guys did say that the team was disappointed that he didn't play last weekend. I can't imagine they wouldn't stick with him after this season. They need to make changes in the interior as it is.

I believe it was Maiocco's report, so it leans towards believable. I still question whether he's a good fit for KS's scheme, but the overall talent is there. It'll be interesting down the stretch with T. Brown.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was Maiocco's report, so it leans towards believable. I still question whether he's a good fit for KS's scheme, but the overall talent is there. It'll be interesting down the stretch with T. Brown.

I don't think Brown is the prototype for a zone blocking scheme. Brown is better suited for Harbaugh's man scheme. The same could be said for Joshua Garnett. Supposedly he is going through a body transformation to fit Shanahan's scheme better

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2017-12-14_18-0-26.jpeg
images

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very Happy the the 49ers ended up with both of them in the Draft. It would be an instant upgrade on the interior of their O-Line.
Me too. Nelson is one of the highest rated OGs in years. He's the reason I wouldn't be too upset if we end up drafting 8th or 9th. I'd just sit tight and take Nelson. He'd be a huge upgrade at our weakest position.

I just don't get why caoches like Kilgore so much. This is the 3rd staff in a row that have kept Kilgore around. It's time for an upgrade. He's a FA this offseason, so we'll know Lynch/Kyle's plan at center relatively quick.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Nelson is one of the highest rated OGs in years. He's the reason I wouldn't be too upset if we end up drafting 8th or 9th. I'd just sit tight and take Nelson. He'd be a huge upgrade at our weakest position.

I just don't get why caoches like Kilgore so much. This is the 3rd staff in a row that have kept Kilgore around. It's time for an upgrade. He's a FA this offseason, so we'll know Lynch/Kyle's plan at center relatively quick.

I am not sure the new coaches like him that much. There was a lot of turnover as it is. They tried two other center but neither panned out. I expect more turnover this year. We will know how much they like Kilgore this offseason. He might be an UFA at the end of this season

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discuss top prospects for our 2017 first round pick.

I personally like Kizer, Kaaya, and Watson. In that order.
I was pissed when we didn't pick Watson; now I'm glad we didn't.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pissed when we didn't pick Watson; now I'm glad we didn't.

I don't think Watson was a good fit for Shanahan's system anyway. I think Shanahan would rather find QBs to fit his system rather than run a scheme to fit the QB.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Watson was a good fit for Shanahan's system anyway. I think Shanahan would rather find QBs to fit his system rather than run a scheme to fit the QB.
I think, like everyone else, Shanahan failed to see the talent there. I remember Sweeney saying "Not drafting Watson is like not drafting Michael Jordan". Now, granted, Sweeney was Watson's coach, but he also is the guy who got to see him every day and knew what he had.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, like everyone else, Shanahan failed to see the talent there. I remember Sweeney saying "Not drafting Watson is like not drafting Michael Jordan". Now, granted, Sweeney was Watson's coach, but he also is the guy who got to see him every day and knew what he had.

He has talent and played well but the Texans under Watson have played a spread offense with some read option. They also rely on simple reads. I just don't see Shanahan wanting to go that route. I also don't think that is going to be successful in the long term so it will be interesting to see how Watson adjusts in future.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh....Watson falls into the same group along with Kaepernick, Prescott, Robert Griffin....

....promising, even electric starts but the success soon starts to fade. In Watson's case, I'll wait until next year when I can see hopefully a full year from the guy before I start to draw conclusions.