• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you just don’t draft a RB with the #2 overall pick.

It would have to be a rare talent like Barry Sanders or Erik Dickerson. Those type of players don't come along often. There were a lot of people who thought Reggie Bush was that kind of player and he ended up being a bust pick at #1

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have to be a rare talent like Barry Sanders or Erik Dickerson. Those type of players don't come along often. There were a lot of people who thought Reggie Bush was that kind of player and he ended up being a bust pick at #1
Bush was not a #1. He was a #2.

But that was a different time and a different game. RB is much more of a system position today and you can get a stud in the 5th round about as easily as you can in the 1st.

What round was Arien Foster drafted in?
What round was Roger Craig drafted in?
What round was Frank Gore drafted in?
What round was Ricky Watters drafted in?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush was not a #1. He was a #2.

But that was a different time and a different game. RB is much more of a system position today and you can get a stud in the 5th round about as easily as you can in the 1st.

What round was Arien Foster drafted in?
What round was Roger Craig drafted in?
What round was Frank Gore drafted in?
What round was Ricky Watters drafted in?

You're right. Mario Williams was #1 and Reggie Bush was #2. Reggie Bush was still a bust pick at #2. I generally agree with you and I am not inclined to take a RB with our top pick. I would only support a RB there if it was truly one of those rare RBs that only come along once in a great while.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Mario Williams was #1 and Reggie Bush was #2. Reggie Bush was still a bust pick at #2. I generally agree with you and I am not inclined to take a RB with our top pick. I would only support a RB there if it was truly one of those rare RBs that only come along once in a great while.
I would be OK with a trade down to take Barkley, though. Maybe to the #7 territory. But it sounds like he is getting a lot of helium, and will likely be a top 5 pick.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be OK with a trade down to take Barkley, though. Maybe to the #7 territory. But it sounds like he is getting a lot of helium, and will likely be a top 5 pick.

Love out of Stanford and Penny out of SDSU can be snatched up in lower and later rounds. Both have a lot of potential at the next level IMO.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love out of Stanford and Penny out of SDSU can be snatched up in lower and later rounds. Both have a lot of potential at the next level IMO.

So could Josh Adams out of Notre Dame though him and Love wouldn't be a great deal lower than the first round probably 2nd or 3rd at the latest.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do they focus on now that they are essentially out of the QB race?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I would try to find someone that wants a QB if there is one that someone wants and trade back. I would also say OG, WR, and DE would be huge needs as well as a CB.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do they focus on now that they are essentially out of the QB race?

They have a lot of needs so I think it will depend on talent level in the first three rounds. The needs are cornerback, linebacker, offensive guard, center, outside pass rusher

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a lot of needs so I think it will depend on talent level in the first three rounds. The needs are cornerback, linebacker, offensive guard, center, outside pass rusher

I would add a pass catcher to that list as well but yes value will play a big part. They can also fill some of that in the free agent market depending on the value and cost.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I would try to find someone that wants a QB if there is one that someone wants and trade back. I would also say OG, WR, and DE would be huge needs as well as a CB.

I doubt we go on to win anymore than 2 or 3 games this year so our 1st round pick should be high. Now that we have our QB we trade that pick to a team looking for one, and you know what? We get way more than our 2nd round pick back for it. As for what we look to draft it's simple. We need OL and WR more than anything else right now.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we go on to win anymore than 2 or 3 games this year so our 1st round pick should be high. Now that we have our QB we trade that pick to a team looking for one, and you know what? We get way more than our 2nd round pick back for it. As for what we look to draft it's simple. We need OL and WR more than anything else right now.

I agree they do need both and won't likely be able to fill everything in the draft. They'll have to judge what they can get high vs what they can get in a year or two as the teams record improves and they aren't picking as high. I mean I don't see them taking an interior O-Lineman in the top 5, maybe a WR, a elite pass rusher, or a CB with an outside shot at a talent like Barkley.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they do need both and won't likely be able to fill everything in the draft. They'll have to judge what they can get high vs what they can get in a year or two as the teams record improves and they aren't picking as high. I mean I don't see them taking an interior O-Lineman in the top 5, maybe a WR, a elite pass rusher, or a CB with an outside shot at a talent like Barkley.
Who are the WR's and pass rushers that look to be sure fire top 5 picks ?
Hopefully the Niners can get some team wanting a QB to trade up for a bevy of picks

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley looks like a generational talent. He may be the best college RB I've seen since Barry Sanders. He's almost unanimously graded as a better prospect than Elliott or Fournette and both of them went 4th overall.

I think it depends on whether you want a good RB or a great RB. The great ones, are generally found at the top of the first rd. Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, LaDanian Tomlinson, Adrian Peterson. And now, we see guys like Elliott and Fournette going 4th overall in consecutive years and now Barkley almost certain to go top 3.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley looks like a generational talent. He may be the best college RB I've seen since Barry Sanders. He's almost unanimously graded as a better prospect than Elliott or Fournette and both of them went 4th overall.

I think it depends on whether you want a good RB or a great RB. The great ones, are generally found at the top of the first rd. Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, LaDanian Tomlinson, Adrian Peterson. And now, we see guys like Elliott and Fournette going 4th overall in consecutive years and now Barkley almost certain to go top 3.

If Barkley is then it might be worth it

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot will depend on how the league feels about the 2018 QB class. SF will be drafting high so if they can trade back and get several picks (especially high ranking picks) for our first, I might be inclined to go that route rather than getting Barkley. I haven't heard much of the receivers or offensive linemen in this class.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not knowing anything about values in the next draft, the next position we'd want to fill IDEALLY, is pass rusher. A 3 down OLB to fill the LEO role. Haven't read anywhere about another "Myles Garrett", so if there isn't anybody worth it, next is a SMALL trade down similar to last season.

If no decent trade and we have to pick at our spot, i'd be looking at LT next. Nothing wrong with a CB, WR, or even FS, but my preference would be LT. A good O-line helps BOTH the run and pass.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot will depend on how the league feels about the 2018 QB class. SF will be drafting high so if they can trade back and get several picks (especially high ranking picks) for our first, I might be inclined to go that route rather than getting Barkley. I haven't heard much of the receivers or offensive linemen in this class.
The WRs in this draft aren't worthy of a top 10 pick. The OL is another story. Williams, the OT from Texas will probably go top 5. Notre Dame's OT McGlinchey will probably go 10-15. ND's OG Quenton Nelson is being compared to the Skins' Pro Bowl OG Sherf, so he'll be going somewhere in the teens as well. Ohio State has a center that looks like he'll go early-mid second.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WRs in this draft aren't worthy of a top 10 pick. The OL is another story. Williams, the OT from Texas will probably go top 5. Notre Dame's OT McGlinchey will probably go 10-15. ND's OG Quenton Nelson is being compared to the Skins' Pro Bowl OG Sherf, so he'll be going somewhere in the teens as well. Ohio State has a center that looks like he'll go early-mid second.

Thanks for the info....it sure ain't sexy, but I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing one of those O-linemen. Especially if they trade back and grab a boatload of picks.