• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Divisional round part 2: Dallas vs Green Bay

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trying to throw salt into the wounds

just found this funnier than hell

1hrpyo.jpg

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, but what team will give up multiple draft picks for a 37 year old QB?

If that team believes they're a decent QB away from the SB they will. Broncos got their man in Manning at what 39 years old and he wasn't half the player he used to be but they still won the SB since that D was so good.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that team believes they're a decent QB away from the SB they will. Broncos got their man in Manning at what 39 years old and he wasn't half the player he used to be but they still won the SB since that D was so good.
But Manning at 39 years old was a much better QB than Romo is at 37 years old. I'm not a NFL GM, but you could be right that some team out there will probably trade for Romo. IMO, I think Romo will be worth maybe a 3rd or 4th round draft pick.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Manning at 39 years old was a much better QB than Romo is at 37 years old. I'm not a NFL GM, but you could be right that some team out there will probably trade for Romo. IMO, I think Romo will be worth maybe a 3rd or 4th round draft pick.

I'm not sure about much better than Romo. Sometimes it was hard to watch Manning and his noodle arm throw ducks out there. Depending on what they have to give up for him I think it will be worth it to squeeze 2-3 years out of Romo and have a chance by at least making the postseason instead of having a terrible young QB.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about much better than Romo. Sometimes it was hard to watch Manning and his noodle arm throw ducks out there. Depending on what they have to give up for him I think it will be worth it to squeeze 2-3 years out of Romo and have a chance by at least making the postseason instead of having a terrible young QB.
Good comment, but if you were a GM how high of a draft pick would you give up to get Romo?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has one of the strongest arms in the NFL dork

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet...he still has more rings than Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre combined....

Jerry Jones is as old as Dirt. Jimmy Johnson was his only success and after that he's been a complete failure. Anything that can go wrong does go wrong with the Cowboys since Jimmy left.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good comment, but if you were a GM how high of a draft pick would you give up to get Romo?

It all depends on each team's situation. I can't speak for any other team. recent history has shown that teams are willing to give up a 1rst and potential 3rd for a competent QB they believe will get them to the SB. The Vikes are the perfect example of that. It didn't work out for them due to injuries at O-line and RB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones is as old as Dirt. Jimmy Johnson was his only success and after that he's been a complete failure. Anything that can go wrong does go wrong with the Cowboys since Jimmy left.
He has 3 rings...more than the Packers have won in well over 40 years.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why the fuck would you even bring up Manning and his noodle arm? Such a dimwit

You must have Down Syndrome or something. Please try and keep up. We were talking about teams that believing that an older veteran QB can bring them over the hump. I was using Manning as a comparison as to why teams would risk draft picks on Romo despite him being older. If anything I was complimenting the Cowboys in saying they can receive draft picks for him. Take a chill pill.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 3 rings...more than the Packers have won in well over 40 years.

What has he done without Jimmy? That's right 0 divisional postseason wins and even as the home favorite.