• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC/AFC Decade NFL Draft : CHAT

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice wasn't as explosive as Moss, but he was as explosive as he needed to be on any given play. He was a complete wide receiver with route running and speed. He'd go over the middle for a slant. He'd go outside for a deep ball. He'd run reverses and not shy away from contact. He was physical.

Maybe I'm just a homer, but if I needed someone to be a WR for my team with my life on the line, I'm choosing Rice every time. I know what I'm getting from him every game.
Dude had a 1200 yard season and age 40 like WTF!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys with his talent usually only ever play for one team because their teams would think no way in hell could we possibly be better off without a talent like that. Explain why three teams got rid of him in his prime? Not one, two but three teams. He’s quit multiple times on teams.

He definitely quit on Oakland

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys with his talent usually only ever play for one team because their teams would think no way in hell could we possibly be better off without a talent like that. Explain why three teams got rid of him in his prime? Not one, two but three teams. He’s quit multiple times on teams.
Im not the biggest moss fan.. Lost a lot of respect for him when he threw a tantrum. And wasn't even running his routes with the Raiders. I get he wanted to be traded and had a rep for taking plays off. But he took almost an entire season off. Wasn't disappointed when he fell flat in the superbowll with the pats

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really. Is he the only player who ever tried to get off a team? Do you blame him for wanting out of Oakland? It was a horrible situation. New England got rid of him when he was 33 years old, hardly his prime.

He spent seven years in Minnesota and he was traded away because we had a garbage owner Red McCombs who was a cheap bastard who didn't want to spend any money on the team. The Vikings were about 30 million under the cap when they traded Moss. Moss was traded in March 2005, McCombs sold Wilf the team in May. Ziggy Wilf stated he would not have traded Moss.

Fact is the people of Minnesota not giving McCombs a new stadium like he wanted ended up costing them Randy Moss.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game did not matter I would take Calvin Johnson. The moment the game matters though he is guaranteed to drop it when it would hurt the most.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude had a 1200 yard season and age 40 like WTF!

Like I said if you use longevity to determine greatness then Rice is the GOAT and it's not close. That however doesn't define greatness for me, no player who ever played in the league was more feared than Moss and it's not close.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game did not matter I would take Calvin Johnson. The moment the game matters though he is guaranteed to drop it when it would hurt the most.

That’s why I have to go Rice on “moment of the game”. He was as sure handed as it gets and most likely he is going to get open for you bc of his route running. I woud say Moss is the most talented though

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Is he the only player who ever tried to get off a team? Do you blame him for wanting out of Oakland? It was a horrible situation. New England got rid of him when he was 33 years old, hardly his prime.

He spent seven years in Minnesota and he was traded away because we had a garbage owner Red McCombs who was a cheap bastard who didn't want to spend any money on the team. The Vikings were about 30 million under the cap when they traded Moss. Moss was traded in March 2005, McCombs sold Wilf the team in May. Ziggy Wilf stated he would not have traded Moss.

Fact is the people of Minnesota not giving McCombs a new stadium like he wanted ended up costing them Randy Moss.
Asking if he’s the first player to try to get off a team is deflecting. We’re talking about him being the best WR of all time. It’s the highest of standards. When he was traded from New England he was coming off a 1200 yard season. I’m not breaking ground here. He fell in the draft for a reason. You ask those same people that feared him would also tell you he quit on routes. Being bigger and faster doesn’t mean you’re better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said if you use longevity to determine greatness then Rice is the GOAT and it's not close. That however doesn't define greatness for me, no player who ever played in the league was more feared than Moss and it's not close.

I have to disagree. Players had nightmares about LT and Ray Lewis. Those two were more feared than Moss for the fact they could die on or off the field

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. Players had nightmares about LT and Ray Lewis. Those two were more feared than Moss for the fact they could die on or off the field

Obviously I mean from an offensive standpoint

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After Kevin Smith maybe

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking if he’s the first player to try to get off a team is deflecting. We’re talking about him being the best WR of all time. It’s the highest of standards. When he was traded from New England he was coming off a 1200 yard season. I’m not breaking ground here. He fell in the draft for a reason. You ask those same people that feared him would also tell you he quit on routes. Being bigger and faster doesn’t mean you’re better.

It's not deflecting at all, is he not allowed to do some of the same things hundreds if not thousands of other players have done? When did I say he was the nicest receiver of all time? He fell in the draft and every single head coach/GM made a huge fucking mistake. He went to a team that was an also ran and made them the best team in football his rookie season. Most people think Deion is the best Corner of all time, did he not also come with some baggage? Sometimes the baggage is worth it.

Also being traded by Belichick before you're done is not something that's only happened to Moss.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not deflecting at all, is he not allowed to do some of the same things hundreds if not thousands of other players have done? When did I say he was the nicest receiver of all time? He fell in the draft and every single head coach/GM made a huge fucking mistake. He went to a team that was an also ran and made them the best team in football his rookie season. Most people think Deion is the best Corner of all time, did he not also come with some baggage? Sometimes the baggage is worth it.

Also being traded by Belichick before you're done is not something that's only happened to Moss.
If he wants to be known as the greatest WR ever over Jerry Rice no he can’t do the things he did in my opinion. The “everybody else did it” excuse is lame even if it was true and it’s not. And those who did it most of the time weren’t winning players.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont worry guys this will all be figured in the summer of 2029 when Josh Gordon retires at the age of 37. He will have played 6 1st team All-pro seasons and will have a championship to his name. Mayfield to Gordon will have the best season ever better than Brady to Moss or Montana to Rice. This will all be over soon

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to be known as the greatest WR ever over Jerry Rice no he can’t do the things he did in my opinion.
I think the best way I've heard it put was. Moss had the tools to be the greatest of all time. But he lacked the work ethic to be the greatest of all time.

I may be biased. I remember the Randy Moss who was a cancer to the raiders. Thee one that gave up on plays for the majority of the season. Yelled I am not a raider at the fans. Blasted the team and his teammates on the radio. Its one thing for a player to want to be traded. But how Moss was acting was borderline Diva . Destroyed his trade value and put the Raiders deeper in the hole.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont worry guys this will all be figured in the summer of 2029 when Josh Gordon retires at the age of 37. He will have played 6 1st team All-pro seasons and will have a championship to his name. Mayfield to Gordon will have the best season ever better than Brady to Moss or Montana to Rice. This will all be over soon
I think you mean Juju :whistle: