• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Neymar to Barcelona

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YUCK!
Are we talking soccer?!

Can we talk about Gardners 4th outfielder catch?

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
YUCK!
Are we talking soccer?!

Can we talk about Gardners 4th outfielder catch?

pete....go back to your spensive chair and heatwave jokes....we will lock down the real sports talk around here..

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there's not much of a difference but since 04-05 its been Real or Barca in La Liga so basically we are approaching 10 years since another team won. If Real/Barca win the title next season it will be a full 10 years since another team won the title and btw in that time period, only one time did they not finish 1-2 in the league.

I don't know where this is really leading to - the point is that the 4 major leagues in Europe all have 2 - 3 powerhouse teams. You can't consider Arsenal in the Prem a powerhouse anymore due to Wenger's reluctance to purchase stars, but rather groom them. Spain has 2, England has 2 - 3, Germany has about 2 right now, and Italy has 3.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where this is really leading to - the point is that the 4 major leagues in Europe all have 2 - 3 powerhouse teams. You can't consider Arsenal in the Prem a powerhouse anymore due to Wenger's reluctance to purchase stars, but rather groom them. Spain has 2, England has 2 - 3, Germany has about 2 right now, and Italy has 3.

To corroborate my points on Arsenal, I've followed them for about 12 years, and Wenger's fancy for the youth system has cost this club mightily.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame Liverpool isn't on that level anymore either. They were the first premier team I watched and tried to follow when Torres was there and before his injury

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why Barca isn't targeting big, tall defenders or a powerful strong striker. They were exposed in the CL as being a short team on set pieces in their own box. German clubs are tall and physical

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

What's up Yoshi? Hope all is well.

I think the problem with La Liga is that things are trending more and more toward a strict duopoly, with the two teams flourishing and the rest being dragged down by Spain's terrible economy. Even the 3rd place Atletico is about to lose 2 or 3 of its best players. Malaga will lose their best player Isco, along with probably a few others. While Madrid and Barca add world-class talent to sit on the bench, the other teams are stuggling to keep their heads above water.

And of course, the Bundesliga will be even worse next year unless Dortmund works some incredible magic in the transfer market. I guess this has always been the Bayern predatory strategy - when you're buying top players, might as well buy them from your competitors, weakening them and killing two birds with one stone.

Some of these leagues could *really* use a salary cap. Even upcoming UEFA regulations limiting clubs to spend only what they bring in wouldn't touch Bayern, because their revenues are in the stratosphere - they still turn in profits every year despite huge transfer fees and payroll.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't know why Barca isn't targeting big, tall defenders or a powerful strong striker. They were exposed in the CL as being a short team on set pieces in their own box. German clubs are tall and physical

Yeah, the Neymar purchase is fine as long as they add a starting centerback AND another depth CB, rather than resorting to the likes of converted defensive midfielders (Mascherano, Busquets, Song), subpar academy products (Bartra, Muniesa) or fullbacks (Adriano) to fill in at CB like they've been doing. Unlike many others, I don't think Pique needs to be replaced, but lots of people think they actually need TWO starting CBs, which can get pretty expensive.

But they've done this for a few years now, neglecting the backline to purchase Cesc, Sanchez, Villa, etc, thinking they can get away with fill-ins and unproven youth when (not if) Puyol goes down. Hard to figure, to me it seems like arrogance, like they can just put anyone there and succeed. But I really don't know their thinking there.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

i dunno....when the regulations go in where teams cant take huge losses it will even things up a bit...but outside deportivo winning its always barca or real...at least the prem has been a little more open

man united
man city
blackburn rovers
chelsea
arsenal

in about 10 years it will be bradford city....just winning the prem and champions league...over and over....your all going to hate me

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno....when the regulations go in where teams cant take huge losses it will even things up a bit...but outside deportivo winning its always barca or real...at least the prem has been a little more open

man united
man city
blackburn rovers
chelsea
arsenal

in about 10 years it will be bradford city....just winning the prem and champions league...over and over....your all going to hate me

Meh, those are teams since 1995 who have won the title. If you look at the Spanish league from that long ago, you also have 5 teams who have won it - you forgot Valencia (who have won it twice) and Atletico Madrid who won back in 1995. What Space said was right, you have a duoply running La Liga, whereas in England it's pretty much down to 3 teams. In Italy it's the same, and in Germany, well, with Hummels, Lewandowski, and a couple of others out the door, they could be in a rebuilding instead of a reloading mode.

Bradford City? Never heard of them... :ss:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol 2 bradford city winning anything:evil: