• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

next year PPR League

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far superior to DST - which I hate. .... but I've said that a number of times here. ...

I don't know... first I will admit, I have never done IDP, so I cant really say for sure... But IDP seems to have its own problems...

Problem with DST is how the fantasy community tackles it... the 6 point TD is awful, because it is just so random... I also think teams should get points for a win or get points deducted for a loss(just one of these)... I think it is a joke that it is common that the losing defense can significantly outscore the team defense that won that game...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting my first taste of IDP this year in a dynasty league.
will say I do enjoy it, slowly starting to figure some of the stuff out.
still have no clue how to draft it in a re-draft league/how the IDPs compare to the scoring tiers of offensive players.

can't say I have the room to add another league, but I'll be monitoring this thread as you guys put it together if there are any openings

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well most likely then count me and my buddy out

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always game to start one of each (DL, LB, DB). I could also be talked into a flex or 2.

Honestly if I did the IDP aspect it would probably just be two IDP's from any position. While I like IDP's more than the team defense aspect, there is nothing that is more of a pain in the ass than having to drop a skill guy because your defensive lineman is questionable, so I don't like saying you have to draft certain positions because I am all about flexibility.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also the option of still doing team defense and adding one or two IDP's as well.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my money league we have D/ST and an IDP. We also don't have standard scoring for D/ST so you wont have to worry about negative points...

I was also in a league once where when you drafted a D/ST you had sole control over those IDP for that team (draft NE, get sole control of NE IDP). We started 2 IDP's in that one. It was pretty cool. Once you dropped that D/ST, you lost control over those players for that team...really made ya think about what ya wanted to do.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know... first I will admit, I have never done IDP, so I cant really say for sure... But IDP seems to have its own problems...

Problem with DST is how the fantasy community tackles it... the 6 point TD is awful, because it is just so random... I also think teams should get points for a win or get points deducted for a loss(just one of these)... I think it is a joke that it is common that the losing defense can significantly outscore the team defense that won that game...
In my money league we start 8 total for IDP, but also have Team DST. And the "best" DSTs are almost always the worst. It's not exactly reverse, but good/great defenses are awful. They never get kick return yardage like bad defenses. Or as many tackles.

I've always wanted points based on real W's too. Done a Team Coach before that was dependent on winning or losing and by how much, but it was Independant of the DST.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will follow from Real Time. Must say I did not find Real Time very fantasy friendly.
Or maybe it is hard to learn at my age???

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to do one on Fantrax next year instead of using the Real Time Sports website. The website is just not very fantasy football friendly, so I'm probably going to do a PPR league on Fantrax with a $50.00 buy in and just use their treasurer for the money. (They don't charge any fees and they disburse the money after the league however you tell them too.)
I'll be in that bandit if you need a guy

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit looks like several interested in filling that league and I'll need to cut a few, so I'll politely sit out and let someone else take my spot.

Not sure about my buddy Eric (Glenwood Shadows), he lost his mom around the end of this last fantasy season, haven't heard from him but my wife has talked with his since, so I know he's doing alright.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also the option of still doing team defense and adding one or two IDP's as well.
If you are going to do IDP, I think you need at lease 4 players or only the cream is skimmed (20 to 28 defensive players). I think you need more than that for there to be a noticable difference.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit you still running a new league

I'll be in that bandit if you need a guy

Yes I was still planning on putting one together for next year. And Fuzzy I don't want to do too many IDP's and scare guys away that have never done it before. I'm actually hoping to get 16. Matthew Berry is always talking about that damn "War Room League" that he's in with 16 teams and I always thought that would be fun . . . and very tough.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I was still planning on putting one together for next year. And Fuzzy I don't want to do too many IDP's and scare guys away that have never done it before. I'm actually hoping to get 16. Matthew Berry is always talking about that damn "War Room League" that he's in with 16 teams and I always thought that would be fun . . . and very tough.
16 yikes lets do it