• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next year 2018 struggle?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year we have lots of seniors starting for us and should have a great chance at the playoffs. However next year might be a little different/challenging. First question does McSorely stay for his senior year? Then who replaces these 13. Possibly 14+ starters will be gone and that's a lot. Next to the seniors I listed who I think will replace them and I feel its a big drop off in talent.

SR Starters --- Replacements

WR Blacknall - Johnson
WR Hamilton - Charles
LT Mahon - Menet
RT Nelson - Wright
RB Barkley - Sanders
TE Geiski - Bowers

DT Cothran, C - Givens
DT Cothren, P - Windsor
MLB Cabinda - Brown
CB Campbell - Wade
CB Grant - Oruwariye
FS Allen - Scott
PK Davis - Julius

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the talent Franklin has been bringing in, we aren't going to have "struggle seasons" unlesss you consider 9 wins a struggle.

You have a couple guys starting at tackle that may not even start in your list for this year, Wright is slated to start and Menet will be at guard with Mahon, Bates will be the other OT.

Barkley is a generational talent, but we'll have Sanders, Robinson and Slade, we are absolutely stacked at WR, Gesecki is the big blow, he's special talent, but we'll have Bowers, Holland and the guys coming in this class....Kuntz is an EE....just play an extra WR more often is need be.

Defense, CB you forget John Reid, he and Wade will start and we have plenty of depth with McPherson, Johnson and others. We are alsol deep at safety and Monroe /Scott will be dynamic.

Cabinda will be biggest loss on D, Hopefully Ellis Brooks gets some run this year to gain experience.

Kicker, we gave Barbir a ship last year, so Big toe not only guy on roster. Also a pretty good kicker may walk on this year.

A lot of backups should get plenty of PT this year, so it won't be a green lineup in 18

So, like I said, I doubt we struggle anytime soon barring a big run of injuries at a spot like QB

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the talent Franklin has been bringing in, we aren't going to have "struggle seasons" unlesss you consider 9 wins a struggle.

You have a couple guys starting at tackle that may not even start in your list for this year, Wright is slated to start and Menet will be at guard with Mahon, Bates will be the other OT.

Barkley is a generational talent, but we'll have Sanders, Robinson and Slade, we are absolutely stacked at WR, Gesecki is the big blow, he's special talent, but we'll have Bowers, Holland and the guys coming in this class....Kuntz is an EE....just play an extra WR more often is need be.

Defense, CB you forget John Reid, he and Wade will start and we have plenty of depth with McPherson, Johnson and others. We are alsol deep at safety and Monroe /Scott will be dynamic.

Cabinda will be biggest loss on D, Hopefully Ellis Brooks gets some run this year to gain experience.

Kicker, we gave Barbir a ship last year, so Big toe not only guy on roster. Also a pretty good kicker may walk on this year.

A lot of backups should get plenty of PT this year, so it won't be a green lineup in 18

So, like I said, I doubt we struggle anytime soon barring a big run of injuries at a spot like QB

Thoughts on Sorely leaving for NFL?

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Sorely leaving for NFL?

I love trace, but I don't think he has a future in the NFL. He's too small and his arm isn't as strong as it needs to be imo. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I fully expect him to be at PSU for 2 more seasons.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about Trace. Size, arm strength and not an NFL friendly offense. I hope he continues to play great for two more years but am not expecting an NFL career for him.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love trace, but I don't think he has a future in the NFL. He's too small and his arm isn't as strong as it needs to be imo. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I fully expect him to be at PSU for 2 more seasons.

I feel the same, but apparently there are some who feel he has next level potential and it is a possibility he leaves early. We have Stevens if that occurs, but I fully expect him back for 2 more years