• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Mitchell report/further reductions

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like its due any day now and we were given 2 choices, drop bowl ban immediately and keep schollies like they are or get all scholarship sanctions wiped and 1 year of bowl ban lifted. JFF clearly in favor of option B, as am I. Getting those schollies back has us at full throttle sooner than later. A bowl game would be nice this year, but a mid their/decent bowl or 5 more schollies with 4-5 star players is not a tough choice. Also, interesting note about Joe';s wins at end as well. Either way, get those ships back and let's gear up for the rise back to top. With next year's schedule and more talent on board, our re-entrance to the bowl scene could make a BIG splash. Have seen several inisders referring to this very scenario over the last week or 2 as well

Mitchell Report/Sanctions Update - Penn State Sports Blog

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question, are scholarships really an issue at this point? We can have 80 scholarship players for 2015 as I understand it and will be offering anywhere from 20-25 for the 2015 class. The 2016 class will be back to the full allotment of 85 total scholarships. In theory we will be at about the max we can offer no matter what so I must be misunderstanding something here...

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question, are scholarships really an issue at this point? We can have 80 scholarship players for 2015 as I understand it and will be offering anywhere from 20-25 for the 2015 class. The 2016 class will be back to the full allotment of 85 total scholarships. In theory we will be at about the max we can offer no matter what so I must be misunderstanding something here...

Can get 5 more players this year, more important to have quality depth than a second trip for the team. I'd rather have an extra LB, OL, DL and 2 best available players than a trip to some mid teir bowl

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linebacker or anyone what is your prediction on what will happen this year regarding PSU's current sanctions?

I believe we get our full scholarships back but we will still won't have a Bowl Game next season.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can get 5 more players this year, more important to have quality depth than a second trip for the team. I'd rather have an extra LB, OL, DL and 2 best available players than a trip to some mid teir bowl

I'm not so sure it means we can take 5 more in the current class. I thought the limit for schools sanctions or not was 25 maximum in a single class. As far as I am aware we presently have room for 22-23 with the remaining sanctions in place. This would only give us 2-3 additional scholarships. At that point I'd personally prefer that we just get in the extra 15 practices.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is wrong. I know we currently have 19 commits. Without the sanctions we should be able to get 5/6 more commits. May want to have LBU confirm that though.

Additionally, after the email/video release last night by President Barron I think we get them back officially either today or early next week. I believe he is preempting because with the reduction people will say how we shouldn't get the ban lifted for r@ping little kids. That is what I hope and pray, and I cannot wait to head to State tomorrow. LETS GO STATE!!!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure it means we can take 5 more in the current class. I thought the limit for schools sanctions or not was 25 maximum in a single class. As far as I am aware we presently have room for 22-23 with the remaining sanctions in place. This would only give us 2-3 additional scholarships. At that point I'd personally prefer that we just get in the extra 15 practices.

NO, we are actually 1 over the 80 limit right now with no attrition next year. We could get an early enrollee or grayshirtt, but we'd take another 5 and get to that 85 number with the guys they know will be leaving or have the "talk" with.

This much si certain, JFF would take a millisecond to make that choice.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is wrong. I know we currently have 19 commits. Without the sanctions we should be able to get 5/6 more commits. May want to have LBU confirm that though.

Additionally, after the email/video release last night by President Barron I think we get them back officially either today or early next week. I believe he is preempting because with the reduction people will say how we shouldn't get the ban lifted for r@ping little kids. That is what I hope and pray, and I cannot wait to head to State tomorrow. LETS GO STATE!!!

Yeah, NCAA executive meetings (or something to that affect) are next week, on my birthday no less. Maybe I get the birthday gift of a getting to witmess the powerfully operational Penn State football program sooner than later

Where are you sitting?? I am probably just buying tickets there. Hope the damn rain holds off or is minimal

Last edited by a moderator:

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you have a great birthday, and I am sitting I believe in SKU. I know its upper, but like 4/5 row back. I got the Franklin 4-Pack because no way I wanted to miss the OSU game

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you have a great birthday, and I am sitting I believe in SKU. I know its upper, but like 4/5 row back. I got the Franklin 4-Pack because no way I wanted to miss the OSU game

nice, I may have tickets in second row of an upper south section, I'll check and see exactly where they were and if I end up buying them. i may sit in lower end of north so I can be a few rows from my cousin as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy birthday LBU! Enjoy the game. I have been to couple of those stadium games. What a raucus. I am not sure, I think the scholarhsips are more functional at rebuilding the program. The bowl game will come soon enough.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, we are actually 1 over the 80 limit right now with no attrition next year. We could get an early enrollee or grayshirtt, but we'd take another 5 and get to that 85 number with the guys they know will be leaving or have the "talk" with.

This much si certain, JFF would take a millisecond to make that choice.

See where I get confused is if we are already over then why are there ongoing discussions in the 2015 thread to fill out the class? If we are over then the discussion is actually who do we want to run on and pay their own way for a year?

If we really would get an extra 5 out of this then I am for it, but not for 2-3 backups.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See where I get confused is if we are already over then why are there ongoing discussions in the 2015 thread to fill out the class? If we are over then the discussion is actually who do we want to run on and pay their own way for a year?

If we really would get an extra 5 out of this then I am for it, but not for 2-3 backups.

Because they will sit down with some kids who are dead wood and tell them its in their best interest to move on if they want to play like every major program does. You also have normal attrition of guys who forgo their 5th year, transfer or just quit. They aren't done regardless, but getting to 85 would add some great depth

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe that the NCAA is talking to Franklin about this.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe that the NCAA is talking to Franklin about this.

Honestly I find the whole thing hard to believe because there is only one source and it is claiming anonymous sources and even ESPN doesn't appear to be reporting about it. We all know by now that if there is even a tiny possibility of it being accurate ESPN is all about reporting things based upon anonymous sources...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I find the whole thing hard to believe because there is only one source and it is claiming anonymous sources and even ESPN doesn't appear to be reporting about it. We all know by now that if there is even a tiny possibility of it being accurate ESPN is all about reporting things based upon anonymous sources...

We all know if PSU's sanctions were to be extended or if a player was suspended then ESPN will make a HUGE deal about. However now that the sanctions might be reduced you hear nothing about it. Any positive news about Penn State, ESPN refuses to air it.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are still throwing the ball. Your asking for Hack to get hurt and we need to waist some time.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've heard exact same thing prior to that article from several people I trust as they have given me solid info in past