• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

News on Kaepernick Collusion Case Coming Next Week

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collusion as defined by the CBA is between as few as 2 teams or 1 team and the league itself. Reid already has 1 team on the record so his case is half proven already. You're not the only person who apparently wasnt aware of this so glad I could edify you
It's still not collusion. It's a business saving decision.
Now before any freaks out on the business remark, no I dont think signing these players will destroy the franchise but I do think they will bring unneeded media turmoil with them.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still not collusion. It's a business saving decision.
Now before any freaks out on the business remark, no I dont think signing these players will destroy the franchise but I do think they will bring unneeded media turmoil with them.
100% but the CBA bar is so low it wouldn't surprise me if Reid won. I wouldn't agree with it but the owners did a terrible job of protecting themselves on the issue

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid ranked no lower than 40th amongst DBs in any advanced state and was top 25 overall on most sites .
Based on what?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what?
There are a plethora of sites devoted to breaking down position rankings based on performance . PFF is the most well known but there are many others.

On PFF ( for example ) Reid ranks as the 30th best safety which makes him a S1 ( or clearly a starter ).

More detail can be found on all these sites but the end result is the same via all of them . Reid is clearly a starter and in most instances a #1 safety and that's based on one of his more pedestrian years as opposed to higher caliber play in prior years

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to wonder if you ever see Kaep play in the NFL again. You'd think a team would take him on as a backup.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to wonder if you ever see Kaep play in the NFL again. You'd think a team would take him on as a backup.

I don't think so. He had offers to go to the Canadian Football league. If he really wanted to play he should have went there and played for a couple of years like others have done

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a plethora of sites devoted to breaking down position rankings based on performance . PFF is the most well known but there are many others.

On PFF ( for example ) Reid ranks as the 30th best safety which makes him a S1 ( or clearly a starter ).

More detail can be found on all these sites but the end result is the same via all of them . Reid is clearly a starter and in most instances a #1 safety and that's based on one of his more pedestrian years as opposed to higher caliber play in prior years
So you don't really know.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't really know.
Dont know what? I think I'll take the word of experts who break down every play of the season as opposed to a guy on a message board who watched 5% of Reids plays and who disagrees with his politics. Whether you support kneeling or not , Reid is still a very solid nfl db

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Ravens had him inked as a back up until his girlfriend fucked everything up. So my guess is no because teams don't want to bring that type of baggage into the locker room. If Kap is on a team this year it's because he won his case.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. He had offers to go to the Canadian Football league. If he really wanted to play he should have went there and played for a couple of years like others have done

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

He's an NFL QB. Good enough.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Yeah I'm not really sure how anyone argues otherwise . You can say he's not worth the headache but trying to dismiss his ability is pretty stupid considering what other guys still have jobs . People are trying to do the same with Reid though and he's far better than even Kaep .

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know what? I think I'll take the word of experts who break down every play of the season as opposed to a guy on a message board who watched 5% of Reids plays and who disagrees with his politics. Whether you support kneeling or not , Reid is still a very solid nfl db
When you make a claim and can't express why you believe it you don't really have the insight to make that claim.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you make a claim and can't express why you believe it you don't really have the insight to make that claim.
I just gave you the insight. I'm really not sure what you're talking about. Reid is clearly by every available metric ( as noted ) a starting caliber DB.

You disagree with his politics which is your prerogative but you dont have a leg to stand on on his play itself and you know it. Even in a average year he's a #1 safety

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just gave you the insight. I'm really not sure what you're talking about. Reid is clearly by every available metric ( as noted ) a starting caliber DB.

You disagree with his politics which is your prerogative but you dont have a leg to stand on on his play itself and you know it. Even in a average year he's a #1 safety
You have just made generalities and asked me to look into it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have just made generalities and asked me to look into it.
Ok . Specifics . Over the last 3 years the 2 WORST categories for Reid are passed defended where he ranks 40th ( right behind Devin Mccourty and right ahead of Harrison Smith ) and tackles where he ranks 31st ( tied with Micah Hyde ). Those are his worst stats over the worst 3 years of his career during a time he had 3 different coaches yet he still is in company with guys who are lock starters for anyone. If you include his entire career all his numbers are vastly better but anyway it's not my job to edify you on a topic you are taking the time to discuss. It's your job to know what you're saying before you say it

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Hank it comes down to how much he really wants to play in the NFL. I believe he can play in the NFL too but he burned bridges in the NFL with his and his girlfriend's antics. If he had Tom Brady talent he would be playing in the NFL because teams would view acquiring that talent as worth the headache but he is viewed as a backup on many teams and not worth it. Rather than sit around he could have gone to Canada and showed NFL teams what he can still do. He was drafted by a Canadian team but he refuses to go.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply demonstrating that Reid and kaepernick are NFL caliber players does not prove collusion. If it can't be proven there is an agreement by at least two teams not to sign these players there is no conclusion. Saying these are starting quality players proves nothing

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank it comes down to how much he really wants to play in the NFL. I believe he can play in the NFL too but he burned bridges in the NFL with his and his girlfriend's antics. If he had Tom Brady talent he would be playing in the NFL because teams would view acquiring that talent as worth the headache but he is viewed as a backup on many teams and not worth it. Rather than sit around he could have gone to Canada and showed NFL teams what he can still do. He was drafted by a Canadian team but he refuses to go.

I get all that.

I'm not certain he's just sitting around though. Spearheading the drive for rights is a 24/7 job.