• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New UF President

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is the best place to put this: Introducing President-elect Dr. W. Kent Fuchs

Dude is from Miama and his wife from WPB but he's worked and schooled all over. Most recently he headed Cornell. So, I hope he's as good as Lombardi when we got him from Johns Hopkins. (until Jeb Bush's thug appointee had him axed)

Fuchs resume looks pretty good. Perhaps, we should use the same measuring stick to find a head corch?

He earned the Distinguished Alumnus Award, Duke University, Pratt School of Engineering; Distinguished Alumni Award, University of Illinois Electrical & Computer Engineering Department; and the Alumni Award for Distinguished Service, University of Illinois College of Engineering. Additional distinctions include University Scholar (Faculty), University of Illinois; and Fellow (Faculty), Center for Advanced Studies, University of Illinois.

Prior to becoming Cornell's Provost, Fuchs was the Joseph Silbert Dean of the Cornell University College of Engineering (2002-2008). He served as Head of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Purdue University and was the Michael J. and Katherine R. Birck Distinguished Professor (1996-2002) and Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Coordinated Science Laboratory at the University of Illinois (1985-1996).

He earned a Ph.D. from the University of Illinois in 1985; a Master of Divinity from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in 1984; a Master of Science from the University of Illinois in 1982; and a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from Duke University in 1977

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is the best place to put this: Introducing President-elect Dr. W. Kent Fuchs

Dude is from Miama and his wife from WPB but he's worked and schooled all over. Most recently he headed Cornell. So, I hope he's as good as Lombardi when we got him from Johns Hopkins. (until Jeb Bush's thug appointee had him axed)

Fuchs resume looks pretty good. Perhaps, we should use the same measuring stick to find a head corch?

He has Engineer smeared all over his resume. He’s good people.