• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Truck

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really close to considering a new Ram. the Fords and Chevy's just seem so overpriced. I was looking at some Tacomas and Rams. I do really miss having a truck sometimes. The nav and heated seats in my new car are the bomb!

Picked her up yesterday. I'll post pics once I get my tints Jan 18th, but its your standard black and chrome RAM. I came sooooo close to getting a white one w black wheels. Just love that look w limo tint windows. Next time.

Gotta add that I'm no expert car negotiator, but there must be something to end of the year, end of the month (December) deals. For over 2 weeks I talked to two different dealerships about getting into another RAM 1500 Express (the all black one). All standard stuff, no heated seats, steering wheel, no auto start, auto seats etc..I was having a hard time getting excited about staying in the same truck, so I was snailing along and the salesmen knew it. One guy kept lowering the payment on the Express by dollars and cents while the other guy comes out of left field at the eleventh hour with the Big Horn offer at only 20 bucks more a month than the Express offer (and a total payment of under 300 a month). I took it almost immediately. Before then I hadnt even considered a Big Horn. Its really nice, and I'm super happy I dragged my feet now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0007581511203_500X500.jpg

Use this instead of paint. I did the rims on my Ranger 4x4 last year in flat black and they still look like the day I plastidipped them. The best thing about this product is that you can peel it off if you really want to, but daily driving/snow/rocks do not chip it or anything.

Absolutely spectacular product. It's about $8 a can at Lowes or Home Depot.

Is this for painting your wheels black? Would it cover chrome? I was under the impression it would be painstaking to paint over chrome. I think you have to strip the chrome first, and i wonder if they'd hit me w a charge when I turned the lease in if I did this.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this for painting your wheels black? Would it cover chrome? I was under the impression it would be painstaking to paint over chrome. I think you have to strip the chrome first, and i wonder if they'd hit me w a charge when I turned the lease in if I did this.
Plastidip is ok. I know a lot of mustang guys that have tried it.
Pros: it can peel off
Cons: it can peel off
YouTube has some good "paint your wheels with plastidip" videos

I'm going with aftermarket black wheels and I'm even anal enough to pull my brake calipers apart and have them powder coated.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2500HD has a heated steering wheel.

Take that bitches!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plastidip is ok. I know a lot of mustang guys that have tried it.
Pros: it can peel off
Cons: it can peel off
YouTube has some good "paint your wheels with plastidip" videos

I'm going with aftermarket black wheels and I'm even anal enough to pull my brake calipers apart and have them powder coated.

Did my emblems in black plasti dip. Just bought black aftermarket wheels. I wouldn't want to do my wheels in it, but I know some who have.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ever have the money and I find one of these still around that doesn't have the crap beat out of it, I'd would snap it right up. That would be one of a number of trucks I'd like to own and drive of course.

2006-Dodge-Ram-1500-V10-VIPER-ENGINE.jpg