• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Truck time - maybe...

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main issue is this: I can't seem to find a regular cab. Everything's either extended cab, crew cab, king cab, take everyone out to dinner cab, etc.. Am I the only one who wants a regular cab anymore ? Also, I want an 8 foot bed. With an extended cab, comes a compromised bed length.

@LvilleSooner

This is me, exactly.
I looked into this but can't remember the out come.
Seems like you can get the F250 without the extra cab space but not in the 150, or some damn thing.

I have a 2006 F-150 with about 120k on it.
Never had a problem with it at all.
Still runs great.

I always thought that the Chevy's got a little bit better gas mileage and also the ride was a little better.
They seem to be getting fixed at a higher rate than the Fords though.

What did you finally do????

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LvilleSooner

This is me, exactly.
Seems like you can get the F250 without the extra cab space but not in the 150, or some damn thing.

Still runs great.

I always thought that the Chevy's got a little bit better gas mileage and also the ride was a little better.

Have you had to put any money into a new transmission, or any other big expense? I'd love to just buy a truck and hold onto it like that, but I lease to avoid having to put my truck in the shop if it breaks.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you had to put any money into a new transmission, or any other big expense? I'd love to just buy a truck and hold onto it like that, but I lease to avoid having to put my truck in the shop if it breaks.

Just a coil pack once.
nothing big
still runs great
bought it new in 2006

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly, I can only speak on the Fords. so...

My recently purchased 3.5 ecoboost is my favorite vehicle that I have ever owned. It has a lot of room (CrewCab), gets decent gas mileage (19 mpg), can tow something like 5 tons and it is very quick off the line. You would never know it was a V6. It's a great truck that I would recommend to anyone. The 5.0 Coyote is also a great engine that my Bro tells me that I should have went with. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

I'm also curious to know what you decided.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 reasons Ford outsells the Chev. Ford has a greater/larger Fleet accounts and Chev loses some of their biz to GMC, which is the same truck. Combine GMC with Chevy sales and it is not close.
I believe GM has better resale value.
I think the GM is easier to service.
GM has the best and most powerful Diesel.

Combine GM with Chevy sales? Here's the full year results from 2016:

Year Wrap-Up: Who Sells More? 2016 Pickup Truck Sales Report (USA) - The Fast Lane Truck

F-series clearly outsells both GM offerings....and they do so with higher prices and less incentives. GM needs to include the mid-size Colorado/Canyon to top the Ford, but last month, Ford sold more F-trucks than all four GM offerings combined. The fleet sales are not rental...they are actually good business that GM wish they had.

Bottom line....Ford kicks GM's ass with trucks.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combine GM with Chevy sales? Here's the full year results from 2016:

Year Wrap-Up: Who Sells More? 2016 Pickup Truck Sales Report (USA) - The Fast Lane Truck

F-series clearly outsells both GM offerings....and they do so with higher prices and less incentives. GM needs to include the mid-size Colorado/Canyon to top the Ford, but last month, Ford sold more F-trucks than all four GM offerings combined. The fleet sales are not rental...they are actually good business that GM wish they had.

Bottom line....Ford kicks GM's ass with trucks.
Sorry, I thought the Colorado and Canyon were trucks.

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LvilleSooner

This is me, exactly.

Still runs great.

Hey guys - gotta say, I'm a bit surprised - - I thought this thread was dead. What did I finally decide ?
well...take a look. I had no intentions of buying a 250 but never ruled it out. I saw this baby back in November - a 2016 with only 1 thousand miles on it - letting it go at a great price - so I drove her home. I got my 8 foot bed / 4x4 with a regular cab. I love her...and her name's Apollo.
Truck 1.JPG

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I thought the Colorado and Canyon were trucks.

They are mid-sizers, which Ford will not have again until another 2 years. Obviously not an apples to apples comparison. If that's what it takes for GM to 'sell more trucks' (4 trucks vs. 1) then enjoy....guaranteed Ford is making more $$$.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys - gotta say, I'm a bit surprised - - I thought this thread was dead. What did I finally decide ?
well...take a look. I had no intentions of buying a 250 but never ruled it out. I saw this baby back in November - a 2016 with only 1 thousand miles on it - letting it go at a great price - so I drove her home. I got my 8 foot bed / 4x4 with a regular cab. I love her...and her name's Apollo.
View attachment 159066

Nice truck. Enjoy.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drive the hell out of this thing and I love it. Cant go wrong with the platinum diesel

IMG_4124.JPG

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 159066

@LvilleSooner
That's about exactly what I'm wanting to get next time/without the 4x4

What engine does it have/options
What rear end does it have.
Automatic Trans??
What kind of mileage are you getting.

Oh, does it ride ok being a 3/4 ton