• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Team ?

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can see we got rid of three-four good players and got nothing.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Bolt, the Lightning didn't get shit. Very disappointing. The Village Idiot and Chompy need to depart. Definitely no help to the Lightning's decrepit defense. I told you guys, Stevie Y and chompy don't know what the word defense means. :doh::L:gaah:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes, the other 2 guys (Danny and Todd) will tell you that the Lightning won this trade deadline because they freed up a lot of salary cap money. Now we can sign our forwards and keep them, they will tell you. This gives the Lightning the same forwards that couldn't get shit accomplished this season. And still a D that has not been even addressed. Sorry Danny and Todd but I don't see where the signing and big money paid to players that don't make a difference solves the nose dive of this plane. An old, worn out, not even a has been net-minder to replace Bishop??? The Kings were excited that they found a sucker to take him!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes, the other 2 guys (Danny and Todd) will tell you that the Lightning won this trade deadline because they freed up a lot of salary cap money. Now we can sign our forwards and keep them, they will tell you. This gives the Lightning the same forwards that couldn't get shit accomplished this season. And still a D that has not been even addressed. Sorry Danny and Todd but I don't see where the signing and big money paid to players that don't make a difference solves the nose dive of this plane. An old, worn out, not even a has been net-minder to replace Bishop??? The Kings were excited that they found a sucker to take him!

Yes Yzerman won this deadline. He moved Bish to the only taker he had and therefore had no leverage whatsoever in the situation. In return got a good backup goalie who has outperfomred both of our goalies this year. They additionally get a 2nd round prosepct who has been touted as a player with top 4 upside. They also got picks in the deal, picks are important whether it being draft the likes of Stamkos in the 1st, Kucherov in the 2nd, Point in the 3rd or Palat in the 7th, they all count. I suppose If you were GM I Shalll you would of let Bishop walk to Vegas for nothing Lol. Boyle was another one, UFA at the end of the year, going to walk at the end of the season so get something for him, guessing he's another one you would of let walk for nothing? Lol! Then Filppula, a player who was on you books to make $5mill next year, $5 mill for a 3rd line center and probably would of cost you losing one of Johnson, Palat or Drouin. Instead you move him and free up cap space to re-sign your core players. I'm guess I Shall you would of kept hold of Filppula, lost one of your core players and let Filppula walk as an FA next year for nothing lol!

Going into the offseason the Lightning will have over $17 mill cap, i'm guessing the Lightning will move Garrison in the offseason if they can get a fit and I wouldn't be suprised if Callahan is bought out either. That will give the Lightning over $20 mill in cap space. They will ensure they re-sign Drouin. I think they will either move Palat or Johnson for defensive help and re-sign the other one. I think Palat will be the one moved and I think Carolina is a nice fit, they are deep on the blueline and could use some more offense up front, therefore Palat for Brett Pesce. Then with the cap space created I could see the Lightning target a top 4 lefty dman in FA like Karl Alzner, Kris Russell or Trevor Daley, Alzner would be a great fit. To finish off i'd like to see the Lightning to add some veteran experience in our bottom 6 via FA.

Team:

Killorn-Stamkos-Kucherov
Drouin-Johnson-Point
Vanek-Namestinkov-Callahan
Winnik-Paquette-Brown

Hedman-Stralman
Alzner-Pesce
Coburn-Dotchin/Koekkoek

Vasilevski
Budaj

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Budaj is a loser, bring up Gudlevskiy and we will go with the hot one.