• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Season

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it's been quiet in here during the off-season. Well we are three days from kick-off so it is time for Michigan football!

I know I've said this before, but I'm optimistic about this season. I know people are over looking Michigan (and not without reason) but I think Hoke and Michigan will surprise a lot of people this season. Remember, no one was talking MSU this time last year, nor Auburn, nor FSU. All of last year's problems can more or less stem from the offensive line, and while we lost Lewan and Schofield, by some reports from camp the line is better this year as a whole. So if the O-line can be just average, that would help a lot. Not to mention the huge upgrade of an OC, who should do a better job developing Gardner (I remember seeing an article comparing Gardner to Griese, and how the two had similar stats at the start of their careers at Michigan, but then noted Griese took a huge step forward his senior year, here's hoping Gardner does the same :hope: ) and play calling.

Also, defense should be better this year. Again, to draw comparisons to MSU last year, all the offense had to be was average to good, the defense carried that team. While I'm not saying this year's Michigan D will be as good, they should still be among the best in the country. A lot of players got experience last year, and we finally have some depth.

Which is a theme in general. Those highly recruited 2012 and 2013 classes should now start finally hitting their stride, as they will be juniors and sophomores this year. We are getting back to the point where this team has talent, depth and experience.

So here's to a good (if not great) season :suds: and GO BLUE! :yahoo:

DirtyBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schedule...wins and losses?

Here is the Michigan Schedule what do you guys think for wins and losses? I think 4 out of the first 5 and then the second half of the season 2-3 losses which is 8-4 or 9-3

Sat, Aug 30
vs.
Appalachian State
12:00 PM
Sat, Sep 6
@
Notre Dame
7:30 PM
Sat, Sep 13
vs.
Miami (OH)
3:30 PM
Sat, Sep 20
vs.
Utah
TBD
Sat, Sep 27
vs.
Minnesota
TBD
Sat, Oct 4
@
Rutgers
7:00 PM
Sat, Oct 11
vs.
Penn State
7:00 PM
Sat, Oct 25
@
Michigan State
TBD
Sat, Nov 1
vs.
Indiana
3:30 PM
Sat, Nov 8
@
Northwestern
TBD
Sat, Nov 22
vs.
Maryland
TBD
Sat, Nov 29
@
Ohio State

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be a 9/10 win season. They will likely lose one or both of MSU/ND, and one other random trip up, say Northwestern, Maryland or Penn State.

So if you note, I'm calling it now, Michigan will beat Ohio State.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am so excited for a new season. Last season was borderline godawful, so it can't get worse right? I love that we have Nussmeier, and I think that will make a huge difference. Borges was a terrible OC. How in the world is the QB not reading the Mike? Seriously. Really the whole season hinges on the o-line, which scares me. They have got to play eons better or we are in trouble. If Nuss can breath some life into that group, I thnk we can ride Gardner into a darn good season. Gardner is extremely talented, if we see the OSU game Gardner all season this team can be unstoppable. Speaking of OSU...Miller out for the season certainly doesnt hurt us.

FamineGod

Affectedly Disingenuous
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Over-reaction that I hope really is an over-reaction...

Jake Ryan should not have been moved to MLB. I think putting him in the midst of all the traffic will take away his playmaking ability. I also don't know about how good he'll be dropping into the deep middle zone in pass coverage.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's start with, it's nice to see those demons of 2007 exorcised. That is how that first game should have gone.

So while App St. is now among the ranks of the FBS, they were better then than they are now, so any analysis has to be taken with a grain of salt. So that being said, last year Michigan struggled against similar teams in UConn and UMass. So to see them hammer a team they should hammer is a positive sign. There was definite improvement in the O-line play and the run game. Same with Gardner's play, 12/13 with no INTs. Defense looked solid, plenty of pressure from the D-line, with several players getting in on the action.

But again, got to take it with a grain of salt, we will learn more next week at South Bend.

One quick side note, it was nice to see the #1 jersey take the field again, and Funchess showed us why he is wearing it.

FamineGod

Affectedly Disingenuous
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan started last year with an impressive week 1 victory against Central Michigan, too...

I enjoyed watching an OC who looked like he had an offensive plan. This offense looks like it has an identity. It was nice to see Derrick Green settle down and begin to read his blocks and run to daylight. The right side of the OL, with Kalis and Braden, began to really maul the smaller defenders they were facing.

I liked seeing the defense being aggressive. The DL must get more consistent pressure. The aggressiveness needs to begin creating turnovers, too.

I'm not going to get too excited at all until after I see a few B1G games.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's start with, it's nice to see those demons of 2007 exorcised. That is how that first game should have gone.

So while App St. is now among the ranks of the FBS, they were better then than they are now, so any analysis has to be taken with a grain of salt. So that being said, last year Michigan struggled against similar teams in UConn and UMass. So to see them hammer a team they should hammer is a positive sign. There was definite improvement in the O-line play and the run game. Same with Gardner's play, 12/13 with no INTs. Defense looked solid, plenty of pressure from the D-line, with several players getting in on the action.

But again, got to take it with a grain of salt, we will learn more next week at South Bend.

One quick side note, it was nice to see the #1 jersey take the field again, and Funchess showed us why he is wearing it.

lmao. demons exorcised. its in the history books. and forever will be laughed at. lost at home to an fcs team. :pound:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao. demons exorcised. its in the history books. and forever will be laughed at. lost at home to an fcs team. :pound:

Three time, undefeated FCS national champion.

They were as good as a mid-tier FBS team (upper mid-major, lower power 5 conference).

In the same way that North Dakota St. just won their fifth straight match-up against an FBS team.

FamineGod

Affectedly Disingenuous
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were as good as a mid-tier FBS team (upper mid-major, lower power 5 conference).

In the same way that North Dakota St. just won their fifth straight match-up against an FBS team.

Sorry, the Buckeye is correct. The #5 team in the country, at home, returning basically their entire offense from the previous season where they were 1 game away from the NC game...against any FCS team. This was not NDSU beating Iowa St, Minnesota, or even Kansas State.

It was an utter embarrassment. That loss will never go away...ever.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Candy coat it however you like nuke. but its pathetic you are trying to do so. A candy coated turd is still a turd....... :L

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, the Buckeye is correct. The #5 team in the country, at home, returning basically their entire offense from the previous season where they were 1 game away from the NC game...against any FCS team. This was not NDSU beating Iowa St, Minnesota, or even Kansas State.

Don't get me wrong, that was a game Michigan should have won. In the same way they should beat Indiana most years or should beat a school from the MAC. But to try and amplify it because it was a "FCS" school is stretching.

IMHO it wasn't even the biggest upset that year, USC was a 41 point favorite over Stanford that year, and Stanford won, making it the largest point spread upset since they had a point spread.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said. The tradition and excellence of a Michigan should not have lost to them. end of story. It was a collossal meltdown. Again...... "The #5 team in the country, at home, returning basically their entire offense from the previous season where they were 1 game away from the NC game...against any FCS team."

And to be fair, if it was OSU it would just as bad, and just as much a travesty. and just as embarrassing.

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seasons over that was fun. No national title. That was fun. This is why ND has been the main rival. 2 games in and the seasons as dead as the Tigers season. Now I guess it times to be disappointed by the Lions.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be a 9/10 win season. They will likely lose one or both of MSU/ND, and one other random trip up, say Northwestern, Maryland or Penn State.

:pound::pound::pound:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

comedy gold.......