• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New season new start new thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 guys completely whiff on this play and Schneider lets in a shot he should stop, zero effort, sums up our entire season.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily Cory's WORST season...

I'm hoping to hear he was playing through an injury or a domestic issue(really hope not either but for sarcasm sakes...) cuz its an 180 of how he played last year....

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea ha I know. But I did jump up cheering on that OT goal. Can't help it.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather have young rooks out there than dumb nips playing in front of Cory.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that play, Greene and the guy back checking are responsible for Crosby, Lovejoy chases him, pulling himself completely out of position and leaving a guy wide open. These plays have been happening all season. From a rookie this is unacceptable let alone a guy in the league for a decade.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insult to injury, the Rangers are lined up to make a serious run. They draw Montreal in the first round, a team they're probably better than and certainly not as good as Pitt, Caps and Jackets.

If they beat the Habs they'll face the winner of Boston/Ottawa, 2 easily beatable teams. If they reach the ECF they take on whoever survives the gauntlet from the Metro bracket. Table is set for them.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
its really a stupid stupid system for the playoffs i really dont know why they dont reseed like they use to.

they tanked on purpose to get into that 7 spot

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I will enjoy the playoffs cheering for whoever is playing the Rags....

Glad I didnt get center ice this year... Last place in the East... so for all you that live in Jersey and follow them closely... what happened this year?? are we really this bad? Have we fallen this hard? Rebuilding? I only saw a few games this year... the last being the dallas game where we were leading all game 1-0 till the final minute, then dallas tied it up and beat us in the first minute of OT.... Sad.... so, Cup, Magic, Calamity, RP, what happend this year?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad I didnt get center ice this year... Last place in the East... so for all you that live in Jersey and follow them closely... what happened this year?? are we really this bad? Have we fallen this hard? Rebuilding? I only saw a few games this year... the last being the dallas game where we were leading all game 1-0 till the final minute, then dallas tied it up and beat us in the first minute of OT.... Sad.... so, Cup, Magic, Calamity, RP, what happend this year?

Honestly it was the least enjoyable team I've ever watched. The coaching staff needs to go but probably won't since Hynes is Shero's guy. No motivation, no accountability, no basic positioning. It's like guys showed up and went through the motions without any thought or focus. This team was lost, glided, got beat to every puck, took bad penalties. Lack of talent can be attributed to some of it but I think something was up behind the scenes all season.

That and Schneider wasn't stealing every other game like he usually does.

I think new staff, bounce back seasons from a couple guys combined with 2-3 decent additions and we'll be competitive again.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it was the least enjoyable team I've ever watched. The coaching staff needs to go but probably won't since Hynes is Shero's guy. No motivation, no accountability, no basic positioning. It's like guys showed up and went through the motions without any thought or focus. This team was lost, glided, got beat to every puck, took bad penalties. Lack of talent can be attributed to some of it but I think something was up behind the scenes all season.

That and Schneider wasn't stealing every other game like he usually does.

I think new staff, bounce back seasons from a couple guys combined with 2-3 decent additions and we'll be competitive again.

Agreed. It was rough enough to the point where I hardly used the NHL TV subscription (Online equivalent to center ice). Although, after a certain point in the season when it became obvious this team was going nowhere, it became much less interesting to watch regardless.

The personnel on the team should have been good enough to get this team into the playoffs, albeit an early exit most likely. I almost entirely blame coaching for this season. Remember when this team was 9-3-3? Yes, it was early, but that's about 1/5 of the season and it's clear to me at least that the skill was there. 17-37-11 is how the team fared after that. To me, it shows that somewhere this team lost interest or motivation. Hynes couldn't reel the team back in and it showed.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In the minority, but not giving up on Hynes just yet. Shero's job to bring in the right players. Hynes was bringing up rookies and trying to get anybody from the minors that could help.

Schnieder did not have an all star season and that exposed this team much more than in the past where he was probably top 2 or 3 goalie in the league. He used to keep this team in the game and hid their defensive weakness.

The transition game sucked. Outlet passes overall are week, thus the offense cannot get much going.
Offense starts with defense and if the team has trouble getting the puck out of zone, tough to score.

Few positives of course. Miles Wood being one of them. Palms with another solid season.
Defensively, Moore is probably the guy I liked the most. He seems to be there in the clutch moments, which means if this team ever makes the playoffs any time soon, he might be a good asset.
Next season, I would like to see more out of Zacha.
Severson needs more consistency.
They need to find a center that can play with Hall. Not sure if its somebody in the organization or the outside.

Please somehow get lucky enough and draft Hischier :)

And Vort, you made the right choice not ordering center ice. This season ranks as one of the worst ever for me.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Similar to everyone's else view on the season.

It started off, IMO, a team not fused with chemistry. Something was off the minute the puck dropped vs FLA(1st gm), everything, offense, defense, goaltending, seemed off.

Then we lost so many games in OT, you'd think, alright they got to turn the corner? Nope never happened.

Camm was a joke all season. Henrique had a bad year vs expectations, Pal had a very slow start, Zajac was pretty consistent but not game changing so thats good n bad. DSP played poor vs expectations.

We relied heavily on rookies, Zacha, Wood, Lappin etc... Zacha had a great season for me despite the final stretch. Wood has his place and will only get better.

Hall, definitely worth the trade however I fear that with no immediate improvement, we're going to lose him. Hall has the skill and talent. The system is not helping him nor his support or teammates are there for him. While I was disappointed in a goal scoring point of view from him(my fault for putting high expectations), i thought everything was good if you saw it live(in the game not on stat sheet). Beyond opportunities of scoring chances botched by the others due to whatever reason you can think of.

That's my take on offense.

defense is part II.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

part II continued....

(thought this is better than a massive reply)

defense was horrible where both lack of skills and scheme had a fault. Losing Stevens showed itself IMO cuz i hated everything about this defense. The way they played, like chicken shit or running around, over-committing left or right. It was garbage. Often leaving our goalie in no mans land.

No one charged the puck handler at all, no one took him off the play. They constantly let them drive around untouched and not harassed. Just beyond inept IMO. We are the New Jersey Devils, whose franchise is better known for their defensive stoutness, lets not throw that away. I couldn't necessarily pick out a bad defender outside of Lovejoy n Quincy(traded) because they all played bad, played bad in a similar way inwhich leads me to the coaches.

Coaches, awful. I expect change. Maybe not pulling the trigger on Hynes just yet but the defense personnel needs to GTFO.

Cory, bad year..... simply put. Better be an injury cuz that would be a great excuse to hide behind.

Something was wrong, off the ice and i feel it carried over all season and never left. Shame.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the minority, but not giving up on Hynes just yet. Shero's job to bring in the right players. Hynes was bringing up rookies and trying to get anybody from the minors that could help.

Schnieder did not have an all star season and that exposed this team much more than in the past where he was probably top 2 or 3 goalie in the league. He used to keep this team in the game and hid their defensive weakness.

The transition game sucked. Outlet passes overall are week, thus the offense cannot get much going.
Offense starts with defense and if the team has trouble getting the puck out of zone, tough to score.

Few positives of course. Miles Wood being one of them. Palms with another solid season.
Defensively, Moore is probably the guy I liked the most. He seems to be there in the clutch moments, which means if this team ever makes the playoffs any time soon, he might be a good asset.
Next season, I would like to see more out of Zacha.
Severson needs more consistency.
They need to find a center that can play with Hall. Not sure if its somebody in the organization or the outside.

Please somehow get lucky enough and draft Hischier :)

And Vort, you made the right choice not ordering center ice. This season ranks as one of the worst ever for me.

This was probably the number 1 issue all season and it compounded every other issue. Once the puck was in our zone it was stuck there. Nobody can carry it out and our ability to successfully clear the zone was nonexistent. Bad turnovers, guys getting stuck out for extended shifts, no ability to get the offense going, killed any momentum we may have built etc. If you can't get a transition game going in today's NHL you're dead in the water.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'll go.
Caps and Leafs
Caps in 6. Leafs and Matthews will steal a few games but I think Caps win this in 5 or 6.

Pens Jackets
Pens in 5. No Letang but Pens should take this. Jackets seemed to struggle at the end too.

Montreal and Rangers
Canadiens in 6. This series to me depends on which Henrik we will see. Even if it goes 7, I don't see Montreal losing at home.

Sens and Bruins
Sens struggled at the end of the season a bit but think they might pull this in 7

Ducks and Flames
I think most are picking ducks but I will got with the Flames in 7 with the upset.

Sharks and Oilers
Oilers got more speed and talent. Will say Oil in 7.

Blackhawks and Preds
Toss up but will go with Hawks in 7.

Wild and Blues
Blues in 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.