• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Scoring for Blue/White Game

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this year will be offense vs. defense, with the scoring system as such:

Blue-White Game scoring for the Penn State offense will be determined as follows:

Touchdown = 6 pts
Field Goal = 3 pts
Big play (15+ yard play) = 2 pts
Two Consecutive First Downs = 2 pts
PAT = 1 pt

The Nittany Lion defense will record points using this system:

Touchdown = 7pts
Turnover (Unless TD) = 6pts
Sack = 4pts
Three-and-Out = 1 pt
Tackle for loss = 2 pts

found on blackshoediaries.com

Interesting..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great idea. This should make the game more like a 'super-practice', and you don't have to worry so much about splitting up the team into full separate teams, where you've always got a bunch of 2nd-3rd string guys against 1st string guys. I think that a 3-and-out should count more, though (maybe 2), since that's always the first objective for the D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caught part of the game on a stream. I think we're set at RB. Redd saw light duty (thanks for that). Belton was really good at backup. QBs - hate to say it, but McGloin is leader at this point. Jones showed a strong arm but he's raw. 3 out of 4 QBs threw INT's. Our CB's were ballhawking, and that's nice. Olaniyan (and others) generating pressure, but with the mix of personnel, hard to tell how that will play out against front line talent in B1G. That series of consecutive sacks was against the second line. As I suspected, O'Brien really wants to target TE's in passing routes. Our WR's were ok, I thought.