• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New England Patriots Ongoing Thread

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's my birthday. I'm heading to the store to buy myself a cup cake. A big cup cake.
Big enough to hold 66 candles.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's my birthday. I'm heading to the store to buy myself a cup cake. A big cup cake.

Congrats. Here's to many more healthy ones to come.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHOOP WHOOP!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Belated, hope all went well. I am in the midst of a serious diet, no cupcakes for me.
Training for a Ragnar Trail Relay race for one thing and I want to lose 30 lbs. (or more) for my 50th for another.
Then...Cappuccino cake with mocha frosting!!!
Full size.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what really sucks????

Your oldest kid is now 41 years old...................

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what really sucks????

Your oldest kid is now 41 years old...................

So that makes you..... what...... 56?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be the best place to do updates......on my heart surgeries.

Phase 1 was the Catheter which went very well.

Phase II was yesterday (12/2/2016). Surgeon poked a hole in my right wrist, inserted a tube and then sent a camera and a stent into one of my bypassed arteries. I was wide awake and talked with the surgeon and the nurses. 2 Hours of prep, 20 minute wait in the Catheter Lab, 5 minutes of pre-surgery set up and a shot to relax my body so I wouldn't move with any discomfort. The procedure took about 18 minutes from start to exit. He opened up a 90% blocked artery to approx. 98% flow. He took picture of the artery before the surgery and after. Amazing how easy it was. Stayed overnight and came home this morning. Feel great.

Phase III ....the final surgery. Hopefully Thursday. Poke a hole in my groin, insert a tube and send a Taver Artificial Heart Valve into my aortic valve. The Taver is a Cowhide, stiff exterior short tube with titanium wire wrapped around it and the interior valve is a pigs heart valve. Good for about 25 years and that means I'll have to go in for a new one just before my 92 birthday. Procedure takes from 45 min to an hour.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phase II was yesterday (12/2/2016). Surgeon poked a hole in my right wrist, inserted a tube and then sent a camera and a stent into one of my bypassed arteries. I was wide awake and talked with the surgeon and the nurses. 2 Hours of prep, 20 minute wait in the Catheter Lab, 5 minutes of pre-surgery set up and a shot to relax my body so I wouldn't move with any discomfort. The procedure took about 18 minutes from start to exit. He opened up a 90% blocked artery to approx. 98% flow. He took picture of the artery before the surgery and after. Amazing how easy it was. Stayed overnight and came home this morning. Feel great.

Phase III ....the final surgery. Hopefully Thursday. Poke a hole in my groin, insert a tube and send a Taver Artificial Heart Valve into my aortic valve. The Taver is a Cowhide, stiff exterior short tube with titanium wire wrapped around it and the interior valve is a pigs heart valve. Good for about 25 years and that means I'll have to go in for a new one just before my 92 birthday. Procedure takes from 45 min to an hour.
Good to hear you are good, best of luck with the rest

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great Ken, hang tough!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good to hear Phase II went well man. Amazing what they can do these days. Good luck on Phase III and glad it sounds like you have a great team of doctors and nurses helping you through all of this.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phase III has been set back. Before you can have a major heart procedure, you have to be 100% clear of any infection. They want everything checked including your teeth. Went to the dentist, had a complete set of X-Rays and they found I have an infected post in a root canal. Problem is that it's part of a bridge. It's my left upper incisor and they want to pull it. If they do, that turns a 3 tooth bridge into a 4 tooth bridge including my left front tooth.

I don't want to loose the tooth. I'd rather that someone remove the post (stainless steel), clean out the root canal, repair the tooth, reset the post and give me back my bridge.

Either way, can get the heart valve inserted until the infection is removed...............Merry Christmas.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phase III has been set back. Before you can have a major heart procedure, you have to be 100% clear of any infection. They want everything checked including your teeth. Went to the dentist, had a complete set of X-Rays and they found I have an infected post in a root canal. Problem is that it's part of a bridge. It's my left upper incisor and they want to pull it. If they do, that turns a 3 tooth bridge into a 4 tooth bridge including my left front tooth.

I don't want to loose the tooth. I'd rather that someone remove the post (stainless steel), clean out the root canal, repair the tooth, reset the post and give me back my bridge.

Either way, can get the heart valve inserted until the infection is removed...............Merry Christmas.

Jesus, I didn't know this thread even existed...why does it not show up for me??

I was actually thinking about ya and how things were going. Glad PhaseII went well, and sorry to hear about the back up. Hopefully they will get this fixed for you soon....hang in there bud!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BigKen how you feeling big guy?

Good morning.....

Actually I'm feeling pretty good. Had to have two front teeth extracted this past Thursday morning. Medically necessary for me to be cleared to have the new aortic valve installed on the 5th of January. I'm just starting to be able to move the left side of my face and it looks like I walked into a right cross. From the side of my nose to my jaw is bruised and black and blue. He tore my gum and I have a couple of stritches. I'm doing pretty good. Eating is painful, so I might lose a little weight. Only problem is I'll have to beat off the women. 8^)

Thanks for the concern.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning.....

Actually I'm feeling pretty good. Had to have two front teeth extracted this past Thursday morning. Medically necessary for me to be cleared to have the new aortic valve installed on the 5th of January. I'm just starting to be able to move the left side of my face and it looks like I walked into a right cross. From the side of my nose to my jaw is bruised and black and blue. He tore my gum and I have a couple of stritches. I'm doing pretty good. Eating is painful, so I might lose a little weight. Only problem is I'll have to beat off the women. 8^)

Thanks for the concern.

Yikes, you are in rough shape. Hang in there...

and why can't you get the women to beat you off? After-all you are currently "damaged" goods, women eat that shit up!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and why can't you get the women to beat you off? After-all you are currently "damaged" goods, women eat that shit up!

Yeah, but I have had a personal security guard for the past 42 years. She's ruthless when it comes to my personal protection, especially when it's other women.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I have had a personal security guard for the past 42 years. She's ruthless when it comes to my personal protection, especially when it's other women.

well that could be a problem. Just give her the guilt trip then. OR get @sonnyblack65 to "take care" of her

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning.....

Thanks for the concern.

Just be careful when you go in. If the 1st thing they ask you is to "take your clothes off," be careful!!!!!
Be well friend.....