• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New England Patriots Ongoing Thread

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does that he will not be back. The Pats just do not pay top market prices for anyone.

I agree..but where can he go? Teams with enough cap space for what he may be looking for are teams that have little or no chance at even making the playoffs. If he's just about the money, ok but if he wants to be paid well enough and still have a chance at another ring, he may as well stay.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....it'd be nice if the pats/revis could meet in the "middle" between $12-mill. And $20-mill...,....$16-mill./one and done year = with incentives....?,....he'd be a fool to leave if he wants to try for another ring,....and the Jets and buff. Ain't making it to SB/50....!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down.......Wilfork and Mayo will have to restructure or be cut. That's $19M in cap money. If Revis redoes his contract, that opens up another $20M. That allows the Patriots to make a 5 year $75M offer with $50M guaranteed. The only team I see really making an obscene offer is the NY Jets. Woody really wants him back an might be stupid enough to offer $100M and guarantee the whole thing. Next would be Rex Ryan. He might make a 5 year $90M and guarantee $60M. The Bills have the cap space but they also have to worry about putting together an offense.

If the Patriots do the $75M for Revis they can then offer McCourty 5 years and $45M and guarantee $30M, Offer Gostkowski 4 years $18M and guarantee $10M. That would eat up $30.5M of the $39M and they could still pay Mayo and Wilfork $3-$5M next year. It would lso allow them to resign Akeem Ayers and Robert Kastillas(sp?).

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The new frozen tundra. That's just crazy!!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, they're shit-canning the whole fucking team.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need to add another DT in free agency. CJ Mosley would be a nice fit and is the best option still on the market. If we don't sign a DT like Mosley...will have to draft one early in the draft. I'd hate if we drafted a Ron Brace type of bust, but we need someone. I wouldn't be against drafting a DT in the 1st round. I'm not high on Easley at this point.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need to add another DT in free agency. CJ Mosley would be a nice fit and is the best option still on the market. If we don't sign a DT like Mosley...will have to draft one early in the draft. I'd hate if we drafted a Ron Brace type of bust, but we need someone. I wouldn't be against drafting a DT in the 1st round. I'm not high on Easley at this point.
Easley is being talked about outside of Boston as being ready to step up to what we expected when he was drafted. He was a project and the thinking is he will now be ready.
The surprise is Chandler Jones Excelling at pass rush but getting totally disrespected at stopping the run.
I expect a lot of coaching!!!!!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To no one's surprise -

When the New England Patriots showed up Monday for the first day of offseason workouts, they reportedly were met by their starting quarterback.
Tom Brady was the first Patriots player to arrive for voluntary offseason workouts, a source at Gillette Stadium told WEEI.com’s Christopher Price. Brady showed up at the stadium bright and early at 7 a.m., as the Patriots are fresh off a Super Bowl XLIX victory.
Monday marks the first day Patriots players can meet with coaches at Gillette Stadium. Players previously were allowed to work out independently at the stadium.
Price reported that “several notable players,” including tight end Rob Gronkowski, were at Gillette Stadium on Monday.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shows how lazy he is. He only does it for the closest parking spot the rest of the year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady addressed the entire team and told everyone to get rid of all rear view and side view mirrors. He told them the only place they need to be looking is "Ahead".

No coaches are allowed at these workouts, only Strength and Conditioning staff. Of course, Belichick is in hios office if anyone needs to talk to him..........

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First one to work outs was Brady.... Guess someone is truly excited to start the season

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Cole is getting a crash course in Indianapolis' biggest rivalry. Two days after the Colts began offseason workouts, the Colts' newest pass rusher walked into the locker room and said he understood why teammates try to avoid mentioning the Patriots by name.
''You could just tell when I first got here you just don't use that word (Patriots) around here,'' Cole said Wednesday, drawing laughter.
''From what I've seen that's happened, I see why there's a lot of hatred there. There's nothing wrong, nothing wrong with that. That's why we're here.''

His first lesson was on how to deflate a football and whine to the refs that the Pats did it.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........anyone (other than hammered) going to the White House to see the Pats today....?,.......I hope they they really frisk hammered good....!

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, HUGE pats fan here from the CBS days just checking out the board. I signed up right after CBS went to chit but have been posting elsewhere. Some guts suggested this place so I'm giving it a shot. I work a lot but will try to post here.

Great to see guys like Big Ken and red seat from the CBS days. I'm sure others are here as well.

Just wondering what you guys think about the team? I love the first round pick. He's no Vince but he should plug up the middle. I heard a rumor that the Texans had a trade all worked out for the Pats pick but when Brown was there BB decided against the trade. The Texans were gonna take whoever the guy was who was taken at the first pick of the second round. (Somebody else traded up and took the guy the Texans wanted). Oh well, I'm glad with the pick.

While I think the draft was overall good for the Pats there were some head scratching moves. Letting Arrington go was ok (high cap number) but Alfonso dennard? That made no sense. A little less surprising, but surprising nonetheless, was releasing Chekwa. Again, just bc he had experience and we are thin there. One of the biggest surprises was letting Tim wright just walk. I heard a lot of teams put a claim in for the guy. Couldn't they have traded him for a pick?

The Pats offense will move the ball as long as Gronk stays on the field. Veeren will be missed but let's not push the panic button there yet. Spikes would have been a great fit on the D but he pulled a bonehead move. Now still a little thin there but I like our guys if they come back from injury. The back line is suspect. Gotta be a lot of schemes as opposed to man to man coverage. Wonder what you guys think.

Anyway, just checking in...hopefully we can share some Pats BS and look forward to defending that championship. If Brady ever gets another...all arguments cease!!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, HUGE pats fan here from the CBS days just checking out the board. I signed up right after CBS went to chit but have been posting elsewhere. Some guts suggested this place so I'm giving it a shot. I work a lot but will try to post here.

Great to see guys like Big Ken and red seat from the CBS days. I'm sure others are here as well.

Just wondering what you guys think about the team? I love the first round pick. He's no Vince but he should plug up the middle. I heard a rumor that the Texans had a trade all worked out for the Pats pick but when Brown was there BB decided against the trade. The Texans were gonna take whoever the guy was who was taken at the first pick of the second round. (Somebody else traded up and took the guy the Texans wanted). Oh well, I'm glad with the pick.

While I think the draft was overall good for the Pats there were some head scratching moves. Letting Arrington go was ok (high cap number) but Alfonso dennard? That made no sense. A little less surprising, but surprising nonetheless, was releasing Chekwa. Again, just bc he had experience and we are thin there. One of the biggest surprises was letting Tim wright just walk. I heard a lot of teams put a claim in for the guy. Couldn't they have traded him for a pick?

The Pats offense will move the ball as long as Gronk stays on the field. Veeren will be missed but let's not push the panic button there yet. Spikes would have been a great fit on the D but he pulled a bonehead move. Now still a little thin there but I like our guys if they come back from injury. The back line is suspect. Gotta be a lot of schemes as opposed to man to man coverage. Wonder what you guys think.

Anyway, just checking in...hopefully we can share some Pats BS and look forward to defending that championship. If Brady ever gets another...all arguments cease!!

Welcome back dbldwn711.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back dbldwn711.

Glad to have you here. This is becoming a fun place to discuss things. Be fore warned.....there are some serious Pats haters in these threads and some of think that Brady should be banned for life for not giving up his cell to Ted Wells............................