• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Commit for 2011

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey if the kid is a pretty good player I am glad to hear we are getting some kids committing on the Offensive side of the ball. people downing someone on a kid like that then we could have said the same thing about Suh 3 and 4 years ago. There are very few kids that you can really say are going to pan out and even play at the college level let alone start. The best you can do is have people that have a knack for evaluating kids and what their upside might be. Heck the last coach wouldn't have even let our place kicker even try out for the team, Bo gets here and Henry is walking on winning games and is a serious threat from 57 yds out. We have to see if the kid has the will to succeed some talent and a great work ethic and that our coaches can develop the talent they have. Bo has done that on the D side now we have to see what Watson can do on the O side of the ball.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit I can run just fine.

lol i make one comment about us having 2 high rated players and the newest one isn't as high.. never said anything about their talent or that one would prove to better than the other and get attacked for being a star gazer... I put a minimal amount of stock into star ratings and usually go by what i see on film until they actually suit up as huskers.. there was no need for the attack

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no longer committed. word is that his scholarship was pulled.

maybe so the coaches can upgrade to a higher rated player in Cyrus Hobbi ;)

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunate we leave for the Big10 by the time this kid goes into college...As I bet he committs to either KU, KSU or Missouri...And we all know what happends when you decommitt with Nebraska and go to one of these schools.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The theory is the coaches pulled his scholly... but he says he wants the chance to have a impact right away....

I'm willing to bet 50 bucks to the first taker..... WE WILL get a higher rated OG by the time febuary rolls around.... maybe not hobbi... but there are others on the radar too... but i'd almost bet its hobbi

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he didnt have a committable offer in the first place then maybe its possible to get him to greyshirt or walk-on cuz i heard he and his papa are husker fans but i think you know where i seen that

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he didnt have a committable offer in the first place then maybe its possible to get him to greyshirt or walk-on cuz i heard he and his papa are husker fans but i think you know where i seen that

;) sure do. great place for recruiting info.

It'd be hard to turn down a BCS scholarship in your home state to walk-on anywhere.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that Admire showed up for camp a lot lighter than projected, and didn't impress the coaches too much, so they left tit up to him to address the media and decommitt. Since they really didn't offer in the first place.
Also I've heard Hobbi's HS coach knows someone on the NU coaching staff, not clear on the coach though