Discussion in 'Texas A&M Aggies' started by fordman84, Apr 22, 2013.
Check in here. Just ran across posts from two of y'all, hope to see ya here for a long time!
I'm here and so is BTHOtu. Saw a couple of post from him.
Been tough being an Aggie fan the last decade or so. Nice to see the changes.
Welcome. It is nice, but will need to get something from it or sustain over a few years before we are looked at as legit.
We need more Aggies here.
10 of my favorite changes:
1. Every game was on TV last year. (Sorry Dave South but I don't miss you that much)
2. Beat Bama
3. All the haters can STFU now. I especially like the smug look on Mark Mays face on the post game shows after he predicted that A&M would have their asses handed to them.
4. What happened to "We can't wait to see you go to the SEC and get curb stomped every weekend."
5. Last ten years after listening to Dave South I had to endure countless hours of ESPiN to catch a 10 second highlight of the game. Now every post game show is full of them.
6. When wearing maroon out in town even teasips come up and have nice things to say about the team and university. (Used to be complete opposite)
7. At least 5 games that are bigger than the annual thanksgiving game. What rivalry?
8. Kevin Sumlin flying the Swagger-copter to high school games.
9. No more Battered-Aggie Syndrome.
10. People everywhere that I meet that have not noticed Texas A&M ask me about some of the traditions that I grew up with. (A few months ago it was all about Johnny Football...The interest in the school is evolving)
You can add to that list, being able to enjoy the current success after living through the Coach Fran blunder and Mike Sherman's lean years.
One thing I don't like is alot of the new "bandwagon" fans the Ags are picking up lately.
I really liked Sleepy Sherman but after sitting in Jerry World and witnessing one of the biggest 2nd half collapses of that season I was left with a sick feeling that only Houston Oilers Fans Identify with.
And after all the embarrassing moments of the Fran Plan and the offensive genious to run the same two plays over and over and over.
I'm happy with what's happening in Aggieland right now.
Yeah. When I could sit on my couch with a cold beer in my hand and tell you what plat A&M was going to run just by seeing the formation, you know the DC for the opposition knew what was going to be run.
I liked Sherman and was upset to see him go. I thought he needed to get an OC and not be the one calling the plays during the game but thought he was a good HC. He could at the very least recuit talent.
In hind sight, A&M made the right cjoice with Sumlin.
Fran play book:
1. Option left
2. Option right
I was definitely a Sherman fan and I'm not so sure he wouldn't have done fine. That said Sumlin has done a great job so far and I am very impressed with coach Snyder as well. On the bright side in current news, the issues coming up lately should at the very least keep our back up QB's sated that they may really get the opportunity to play sooner rather than later. And that we really do need to continue to develop depth regardless of the outcome of the current situation, I find I continually enjoy Sumlin's responses to questions from the media, he doesn't really play up to them much but is very honest.
Hopefully we can keep Sumlin around for awhile
I can make it to the gate in 2.6 seconds.... can you?
What's up with all the defensive suspensions? Rice is shredding our Defense.
All we can say gentlemen is that we still own your asses in TEXAS. Always will
Too bad UT is garbage these days. A&M could name their score if they played UT today.
Yup, a true longhorn there. Talking about other men's asses.
Now that is out of the way, get some original material or get lost.
Do they ban you for non-activity
Hello fellow aTm fans, I'm new to Hoopla, looking forward to chatting about all things Aggies!
Separate names with a comma.