• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nevada - Notre Dame Pregame Discussion (9/10)

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 2 games in one week for the Irish

Should be a good game for the Irish to rebuild

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want a blow out. no f close game. blow them out. then get ready for MSU.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want a blow out. no f close game. blow them out. then get ready for MSU.
I agree... It should be a blowout and its the first home game... time to get back on track after the horrible defense yesterday.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wont give this team credit if we win. i want to see this team MSU before i give credit. this nevada game should be a win

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still too bitter to comment. Maybe by Wed.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know what to expect from this team against Nevada. I expect many points scored by offense but that is about it. Will defense improve because a lesser opponent? Will Nevada still have chunk plays. I have no idea. I wish the game came sooner because I want this Texas game gone from my memory

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a regroup game.

Kizer is the starter now, defense will most likely look at that Texas game long and hard, and make adjustments. It is what it is, need to move on and win this game convincingly and get ready for MSU.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they need to run through this team and really get ready for MSU. I hate to look past teams but we should be past worrying about teams like Nevada. We need to 100% beat MSU. IF we lose to MSU things can get ugly this season.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost the last game of the regular season, The Fiesta Bowl last year, and the opener this year. Time for a win!

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys we are ranked #18 now which is pretty fine and reasonable for Notre Dame... however Texas is #11 which is complete bullshit

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might have had #26 or #27 and they beat #10
Its only 1 week so Im not worried about the ranks. I will say this being #18 isnt that bad after losing game 1. It still keeps us in the race. By next week, if we beat MSU we can be in the Top 15 already. Then if we beat Stanford back in the Top 10 and then hopefully a win against USC to end the year gets us in the Top 4. Also dont forget a nice little match up against Miami.

Texas will at least lose 2 games this year so they will drop. We actually want to see a Texas finish like 10-2 or 9-3. We want them to end up a good team.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a game that Malik Zaire should get plenty of PT. As the #2 QB. Because we are blowing them out in the second half.

This is exactly the type of game a truly dominant, playoff caliber team would be cruising in the second half over. If its close by any stretch of the imagination, then it will forecast what an unmitigated failure this season will be.

Nevada was taken to the wire by Cal-Poly San Luis Obispo. Let that sink in. Sure, perhaps they were looking past them to us, but the talent discrepancy alone should net a win. But I don't want a win. If Swarbrick and Kelly had any stones, they would be publically supporting BVG, but behind the scenes saying every week for you BVG is a job audition. You need to perform well each week to keep your job.

Also, it will prove whether Kelly's statements about this team's heart and willingness to fight are true or not. Short week, emotionally draining loss in extra innings, coming home to a meh opponent. We'll see what type of resolve this team has, and whether Kelly can have them motivated, or whether its all Kelly BS.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a game that Malik Zaire should get plenty of PT. As the #2 QB. Because we are blowing them out in the second half.

This is exactly the type of game a truly dominant, playoff caliber team would be cruising in the second half over. If its close by any stretch of the imagination, then it will forecast what an unmitigated failure this season will be.

Nevada was taken to the wire by Cal-Poly San Luis Obispo. Let that sink in. Sure, perhaps they were looking past them to us, but the talent discrepancy alone should net a win. But I don't want a win. If Swarbrick and Kelly had any stones, they would be publically supporting BVG, but behind the scenes saying every week for you BVG is a job audition. You need to perform well each week to keep your job.

Also, it will prove whether Kelly's statements about this team's heart and willingness to fight are true or not. Short week, emotionally draining loss in extra innings, coming home to a meh opponent. We'll see what type of resolve this team has, and whether Kelly can have them motivated, or whether its all Kelly BS.
I agree, lets hope its some what over in the 1st half so malik and the starting D get more reps. I dont take out the starting Defense until 4th Q if we are winning big. They need experience. Also Kelly dont take your foot off the gas.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, lets hope its some what over in the 1st half so malik and the starting D get more reps. I dont take out the starting Defense until 4th Q if we are winning big. They need experience. Also Kelly dont take your foot off the gas.
I'd definitely want guys like Kareem, Daelin Hayes, Bilal, et al to get meaningful PT though. Need to start looking ahead to the future if some of these starters don't pan out.

So far, Trumbetti and Martini have disappointed immensely. Martini just switched to Will so one might understand his struggles, (although given the average time it takes to learn this bullshit defense is 3 years, that doesn't bode well for the season), Trumbetti is in year 3 playing that position. No excuse.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd definitely want guys like Kareem, Daelin Hayes, Bilal, et al to get meaningful PT though. Need to start looking ahead to the future if some of these starters don't pan out.

So far, Trumbetti and Martini have disappointed immensely. Martini just switched to Will so one might understand his struggles, (although given the average time it takes to learn this bullshit defense is 3 years, that doesn't bode well for the season), Trumbetti is in year 3 playing that position. No excuse.
I also dont want to see Sebastian play again. He was so bad. Kid is suppose to be a sure tackler and he missed a couple, plus got burnt.

I was also disappointed by the TE's and Hunter Jr. Oline was not great. Left side had their problems but center and RG were not great.