• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nets think they match up well against Heat

gooooooogators

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one matches up well with the Heat.

Cowardly building a super team puts you in that position.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brooklyn Nets may have needed seven games to dispatch the Toronto Raptors but they like the way they matchup with the defending champion Miami Heat.

The Nets arrived in Miami fresh off their Game 7 win over the Raptors feeling confident about their much-anticipated matchup with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and the champs.

"I think we match-up great," Joe Johnson said of facing the Heat. "Because having Paul [Pierce] at the four, I think they'll have more of a smaller four, and probably not as physical. So I think it could kind of play into our hands a little bit, but we'll see what happens."

Source: ESPN New York

I hate to break this to you - but any time you quote ESPN - you're going to get it wrong and you really got it wrong this time. The Miami Heat is not Toronto - they are two time world champions- and Brookly goes down 0-2 at home, they will not be back up for air.

The short and easy version of saying this - Brooklyn is SCREWED:lol:

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to break this to you - but any time you quote ESPN - you're going to get it wrong and you really got it wrong this time. The Miami Heat is not Toronto - they are two time world champions- and Brookly goes down 0-2 at home, they will not be back up for air.

The short and easy version of saying this - Brooklyn is SCREWED:lol:

Whats funny is the nets essentially saying they matchup great because they play small ball with pierce at the 4..... which PLAYS RIGHT INTO MIAMI'S STRONG SUIT. Get shooters on the court, make it hard to guard LeBron. Only position Miami has any depth at is wing positions. And Brooklyn thinks that matchup well why? Because they are trying to exploit the strongest part of Miami?

The part that made Indy tough for the heat in the past few years is that the heats depth on the wing was not useful, they needed quality bigs. Indy could pound it. Now brooklyn doesn't have bigs like that (healthy at least), but still going small just feeds the heat's strength. Matching up against really good wing players is what the heat do best (OKC finals too), that plays right into their hand.

Deron Williams hit two really lucky 3's at the end of quarters, Marcus Thornton hit two shots where im pretty sure he just threw the ball up, LeBron missed THREE layups under the hoop and it was still a blowout. If I were brooklyn I'd be worried for the moment

TENN.SPORTS.FAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we give this to Johnson now or after the Nets get swept?

gI_73677_Kutcher-Foot-In-Mouth.jpg

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of either team. Have a real distaste for both of the former Boston players. That said, it is not surprising they got blown with a day in between a game seven and an appearance in Miami against a well rested Heat team.

Not saying who will win or lose, just not expecting them to continue to be blown out.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of either team. Have a real distaste for both of the former Boston players. That said, it is not surprising they got blown with a day in between a game seven and an appearance in Miami against a well rested Heat team.

Not saying who will win or lose, just not expecting them to continue to be blown out.

again, this is probably true. But it won't change through the whole series. each game is every other day. Brooklyn isn't gonna get any less tired. And the heat certainly aren't going to be fatigued after just one game that most of the starters got some rest in the 4th. If you think this is that big of a factor then brooklyn shouldn't even bother playing their starters in game 2.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brooklyn made more 3's, shot more free throws, broke even on turnovers and limited the heat's transition points. There was no tired legs, can't make a shot syndrome. They didn't play sloppy. They just flat out got beat by a better team

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better take these next two or this series is a wrap. A split at home wont help.