• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Netherlands vs Mexico

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the one at the end of the half was a freaking penalty

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate flopping. But that ref missed one or two fouls in the box on Mexico, so it was just justice imo

I only saw the last 25 minutes so I missed those, but that was a tough call to lose the game on.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end of the day holland deserved the win and mexico blew the chance of an upset. Moving on to the next game.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Robben sold it well. But it was a foul/pk nonetheless. I don't understand why Rafa tried to poke at the ball when simply containing Robben would've been enough. Plus, he had two teammates in the area trying to corner Robben. What a fail :L

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this game at a Mexican restaurant by accident. By that I mean I didn't realize the game was on when I went there. Needless to say, it was quite entertaining. When Mexico scored, probably 10 people ran out of the kitchen and joined the wait staff on the floor to see it and celebrate. Then when Netherlands tied it up, there was panic. And then total anger on the penalty kick. And finally, complete sadness. It was fun to watch. I think I could have left without paying and they wouldn't have cared. The world had ended.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this game at a Mexican restaurant by accident. By that I mean I didn't realize the game was on when I went there. Needless to say, it was quite entertaining. When Mexico scored, probably 10 people ran out of the kitchen and joined the wait staff on the floor to see it and celebrate. Then when Netherlands tied it up, there was panic. And then total anger on the penalty kick. And finally, complete sadness. It was fun to watch. I think I could have left without paying and they wouldn't have cared. The world had ended.

:laugh:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea fuck Mexico. They wouldn't even be here if it weren't for the usa n zusi

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEXICO 2nd half "strategy" from their brilliant coach:

Netherlands Corner
Netherlands Corner
Netherlands Corner
Netherlands Corner
Netherlands Corner
Netherlands Corner
Nethe....... well you get the drift

That idiot manager decided that a 1-0 lead was insurmountable with 30 minutes to play against one of the best teams on the planet. He made dumb substitutions and went into a complete defensive shell.

Mexico deserved to lose and their manager deserves most of the blame.
But, he will be too busy yelling about referees and conspiracies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep you had to know that Holland would eventually score on one of the many corners which Mexico conceded....And the commentators kept saying that Mexico has struggled defending on corners/set pieces

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've got a Mexican friend who's a die hard fan. I'm not gonna lie, I felt for the guy man. I'm happy Mexico put up a good fight. I was starting to get tired of the Europeans folks underestimating the South American teams, and especially the Concacaf.

I hope this isn't the year a European team steals it in America.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexico captain Rafael Marquez says Netherlands Arjen Robben dived for winning penalty - ESPN FC

Marquez is pissed about the penalty call. Looked like a foul to me! They got away with a clear penalty in the box in the 1st half which should have been called. Since that penalty was not called, they just assumed they could get away with doing that all game. That was justice for Mexico and I'm not surprised that they're acting like a bunch of sniveling babies now that they're gone. If they wanna see what it's REALLY like to get jobbed by the refs, they should put on a USA jersey and get on the field.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexico captain Rafael Marquez says Netherlands Arjen Robben dived for winning penalty - ESPN FC

Marquez is pissed about the penalty call. Looked like a foul to me! They got away with a clear penalty in the box in the 1st half which should have been called. Since that penalty was not called, they just assumed they could get away with doing that all game. That was justice for Mexico and I'm not surprised that they're acting like a bunch of sniveling babies now that they're gone. If they wanna see what it's REALLY like to get jobbed by the refs, they should put on a USA jersey and get on the field.

Lol at Mexico crying like a bunch of bitches.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they start giving out yellow cards for diving and faking injuries some of this crap will go away eventually. Of course it is impossible to tell for sure if a guy is hurt or not, but sometimes it's so friggin obvious and annoying. Seems the strategy on some teams is when you get in the box late in close game don't try to score, try for a PK.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they start giving out yellow cards for diving and faking injuries some of this crap will go away eventually. Of course it is impossible to tell for sure if a guy is hurt or not, but sometimes it's so friggin obvious and annoying. Seems the strategy on some teams is when you get in the box late in close game don't try to score, try for a PK.

They do. But replay clearly showed Robbins being tripped.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have yet to give out a yellow card for diving in this World Cup that I have seen, and I have seen several dives in the penalty box and referee only waved it off.

Late penalty call was weak... I do not think you can make that call late in the game, make them earn it on the field, it was a slight touch at the most. The trip in the first half inside the box was definite penalty... not the one at the end of the game.

All that said... not sorry to see Mexico go home.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing Robben was going to get out of that play was a penalty. He wasn't going to score or do much else constructive from where he was.

I've got a Dutch mother-in-law so I was 100% Go Mexico.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No they don't. That's the problem. How many times have guys faked it or pretended to be fouled worse than they actually were so far? at least 100? How many yellow cards were given out? A rule does no good unless it's enforced.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing Robben was going to get out of that play was a penalty. He wasn't going to score or do much else constructive from where he was.

I've got a Dutch mother-in-law so I was 100% Go Mexico.

LOL...