• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska's Recruiting Big Board (Defense)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has 5 defensive commitments right now and plenty more on the board. These are the names with the most interest as far as I can tell. Other names always come to the forefront throughout the season.

Defensive End

Ryan Johnson (4-Star, DE) - Johnson could seem like a bit of a pipe dream, the 4-star DE out of Mobile, Alabama has offers from home state and SEC schools Alabama and Auburn. However, Johnson is right on the edge of a take for Bama and Auburn has a few others higher on their board. If Bama and Auburn slow play Johnson too much Nebraska could sneak in with Parella and Co.

Addison Gumbs (4-Star, DE) - Gumbs seems to be a current Oklahoma lean but Nebraska has made interesting in roads with the California recruit. Nebraska is trying to sell the Calibraska movement to him and he seems a bit interested but until Nebraska gets him to visit it's all shoiw.

Tyler Shelvin (4-Star, DT) - Nebraska would love to add a big DT and Shelvin fits the bill but he's currently committed to hometown LSU. That hasn't stopped Parella however and Shelvin recently told 247Sports that he plans on visiting in the fall. Nothing official has been set up yet but getting a flip like this would certainly put Nebraska on the map.

Linebacker

Rahyme Johnson (4-Star, ATH) - Johnson was formerly a UCLA commit and has since de-committed and Nebraska looks to be in the drivers seat. It's going to be a very interesting battle with Oregon for the commit as Nebraska already has lost out on Johnson's friend Lenoir at the CB position. Nebraska still seems to be in the drivers seat for Johnson but Oregon is making things interesting.

Nadarius Fagan (3-Star, OLB) - Fagan is a current Syracuse commit but that seems more like a place holding commit than anything right now. Fagan is on record with saying it's a soft commit and that he likes both USC and Nebraska. The LB out of Florida will likely take all of his visits and Nebraska likes him at OLB.

Defensive Backs

Darnay Holmes (5-Star, CB) - Holmes has long been a Nebraska target and has visited Nebraska many times but he's also made the round throughout the nation. For a while Nebraska looked to be in the lead for Holmes but he's pushed back his decision date so many times it's hard to tell where everyone stands. Stanford at first seemed to be in the lead, then Nebraska and now UCLA and Michigan seem to be making a push. Nebraska won't let this one go without a fight as Holmes is the #1 OVERALL player on their board but it won't be easy either. Holmes is supposed to be in town for either Fresno State or Oregon but this will likely go all the way till signing day.

Bubba Bolden (4-Star, S) - Bolden is an interesting case, he has a crystal ball predictions to ASU and USC but the USC one was a while ago (and he has since committed and de-committed from USC) and ASU prediction are really for lack of understanding his recruitment. Nebraska is a recent offer for Bolden and he seems interested. This one will be interesting to watch as Bolden doesn't talk much.

More players will be coming onto the radar in the coming future for sure.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a DB who's a soft commit to Illinois who said if he were to flip it'd likely be to Nebraska.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a DB who's a soft commit to Illinois who said if he were to flip it'd likely be to Nebraska.

Yes, I believe it's Antwan Collier

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work Nut

DT Damion Daniels TX seems to have legit interests from what I've read

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work Nut

DT Damion Daniels TX seems to have legit interests from what I've read

yep should be visiting for the Fresno St. game I believe, can't believe I forgot to put him on the list I knew I was missing a few.