• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska vs Illinois

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU is not as good as they were thought to be. Their offense lost 2 of their top OL, their QB, and their top WR from last year.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's what i want to know, why in the hell don't we have some DEs like Illinois? seriously, wtf? i'm looking at the stats and still can't explain how they recorded 0 sacks. I'm thinking they let a few of them turn into "runs" by TA.

bad TA showed up for awhile there. some of it might have been how crappy our o-line played in the 1st half. that TO right before half was what we got a lot of last year. trying to thread it in like triple coverage there. luckily good tommy decided to show up in the 2nd half.

i'm not sure if it was said somewhere though. they got one lucky ass spot on that 4th down play on the go ahead TD. we were lucky the reviewer couldn't get a great view, but i'm pretty sure if you look at it in slow mo, Newby has that ball in his stomach which would have put it about half a yard short. but luckly we got a break and new how to finish the game off.

the D looked iffy there in the first half. got a decent pash rush from 4 guys though. but some more poor tackling. stiffened though, big time in the 2nd half. that was great too see.

Gotta give Illinois some credit, they used their bye week well and were ready to play. would have been an interesting game had the refs given them that 4th down stop. but at that point you could feel the momentum had swung, the D was rested from that long ass drive and got Ill to go 3 and out right away and then another long TD drive.

can't believe how many guys went down. sure hope guys heal quick with the bye week.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm hoping for the10-2 season also and will be extremely happy with that. I'm truly excited for the years to come to see how riley recruits do in his system.

Even with an 8-4 or a 9-3 season, Nebraska should get some of the better recruits, but if they have a 10-2 season or better, than we'll see some of the better recruits swarming to come here for sure. There's a 1.75% chance I'm wrong on this!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MSU is not as good as they were thought to be. Their offense lost 2 of their top OL, their QB, and their top WR from last year.

It was still a good win for Indiana, and unless Nebraska plays close to their best, than we'll see a struggle or maybe even a loss in a couple of weeks.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Nebraska offense. I was fully onboard for the Langsdorf hire. Last year sucked and made me question it, but this offense has so many weapons and uses them all, that the opposition DCs have a lot to think about.

On defense, I have more trust in Bray, Stewart, and Parella than Banker. I would rather those three make the next defensive game plan.

Next up Indiana
Indiana has to go through Ohio State while Nebraska gets to heal.
The Indiana QB(Lego?) is not a runner, sort of a Wes Lunt type.
Their kicker is the real deal.
Stop that little wide receiver Paige.
Indiana has a Devine at RB also. A very good back. Will pose a serious challenge. Not sure if Nebraska can stop him
Their D line seemed to explode off the line, very quick. Looks like a lot of screens again
Indiana Strength passing is going against Nebraska strength, the D backs
Nebraska strength passing is going against Indiana Weakness pass defense

Have to wait on Nebraska injury reports and what Indiana does at Ohio State,

I will go
Nebraska 38
Indiana 37

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I puked next to the side of a house somewhere during the 3rd quarter and don't remember much of anything of the second half.

But reading this game thread after the fact is pretty entertaining. I'm glad you all have backed off that ledge and nobody actually jumped.

GBR

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap our wideouts can block. Morgan and DPE are beasts.