• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska vs Illinois

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on that. At this point in the season, I don't see us beating osu, and not real confident we can beat Wisky, if we play like we did today. We are going to need to have 4 good quarters to have a chance in either game.
I agree but if we can close out the schedule with those 2 losses then we are 10-2. That is pretty damned good considering he's using BoPs players. Not saying we don't have good players but TA definitely is not in his wheel house.
With the recruits we're going after the sky is the limit.

aqwk68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for the10-2 season also and will be extremely happy with that. I'm truly excited for the years to come to see how riley recruits do in his system.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im personally hoping for 15-0

Speaking of zeros. That's another game under our belt holding a team out of the EZ in the 4th quarter.

Does Nebraska have an identity now? Do we really WANT that identity as the 4th quarter bully and that's it?

I'd be 10x better if we could start fast and continue to finish the way we do. I think we're capable of it.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we can hang our hat on the fact that if we can stay in games going into the 4th quarter, we always have a chance.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of zeros. That's another game under our belt holding a team out of the EZ in the 4th quarter.

Does Nebraska have an identity now? Do we really WANT that identity as the 4th quarter bully and that's it?

I'd be 10x better if we could start fast and continue to finish the way we do. I think we're capable of it.
As long as we are always close going into the 4th, I am good with it. Keeps it entertaining...

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beats our identity last year

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know there are some good teams in the B1G, With these games like this it just tells me there is parity which comforts me after a game like our Huskers had today

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm with you on that. At this point in the season, I don't see us beating osu, and not real confident we can beat Wisky, if we play like we did today. We are going to need to have 4 good quarters to have a chance in either game.

Yes we'll have to have 4 good quarters with no turnovers. That may be the case against Indiana also, because they look like an improved team.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, seeing what Indy is doing to MSU, is anyone else a bit nervous now?

That Indiana defense flies to the ball. Their defense impressed me. Their offense is not scary like it has been. Quiite a few empty seats in the stands and I was thinking my ticket was going to be an easy purchase(I can still buy a ticket from the Indiana ticket office $65), after that win, I am sure their tickets will be gone. i will have to buy a single ticket from a ticket broker. Hopefully, Nebraska pulls out a win. The injuries Nebraska has is more worrying for me.

Something I just realized..... Don't know if it's been mentioned yet.... But we didn't punt once, not once, in this game.

Did not even notice that. Wow!

5-0. Only 16 undefeated teams.(if my addition in my head just after waking up is any good.)